Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Good to start the season with a couple of OOC wins this year.
    Keep it rolling against the Gophers!
    Agreed.

While Merrimack might not be a powerhouse, they will more than likely upset someone within their conference. That should play into North Dakota's favor come PWR time.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      That should play into North Dakota's favor come PWR time.
      *****http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Polls/Pictures/Poll009-Palpatine.jpg******
      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Agreed.

While Merrimack might not be a powerhouse, they will more than likely upset someone within their conference. That should play into North Dakota's favor come PWR time.
        the last thing you need to have happen is like last year, where that loss to UMass really hurt us. I can't help but wonder with DU splitting against UVM how that will hurt them.
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
          the last thing you need to have happen is like last year, where that loss to UMass really hurt us. I can't help but wonder with DU splitting against UVM how that will hurt them.
          Is it too early to get the PWR calculator out?

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Is it too early to get the PWR calculator out?

To quote Scooby: Simple Math.

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

I like what I see from Corban Knight, as well as MacWilliam and Gleason. I hope that Fienhage can crack the lineup soon. He came right out of high school, and it seems they may have brought him in too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                I like what I see from Corban Knight, as well as MacWilliam and Gleason. I hope that Fienhage can crack the lineup soon. He came right out of high school, and it seems they may have brought him in too early.
                It will be hard for Fienhage to get into the roster if both MacWilliam and Gleason continue to play as well as they did against Merrimack. Both are going to be great Sioux dmen. Hopefully Fienhage can crack the lineup a bit though and gain some experience.

Kristo and Cichy are going to be really fun to watch in a Sioux uni for as long as they stay. Neither of them look like freshmen out there, and both are highly skilled offensive players.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Cichy was named WCHA ROTW after his performance against Merrimack last weekend.
                  Let's hope he can keep it rolling against UMN this weekend.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                    *****http://www.grandforksherald.com/media/full/jpg/2009/10/09/1010und2.jpg******

-MacWilliam sends a message to league officials.
                    Grandma appears unimpressed!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Grandma appears unimpressed!
                      She was around when Archibald was playing, so she's not impressed until the opponent is bleeding.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Good to start the season with a couple of OOC wins this year.
                        Keep it rolling against the Gophers!
                        Much better than last year! Here's to hoping we can avoid the slow start and still get hot in the second half!
                        She was around when Archibald was playing, so she's not impressed until the opponent is bleeding.
                        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                          Much better than last year! Here's to hoping we can avoid the slow start and still get hot in the second half!
                          I'd like the "L" column to remain the same number all year...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Brief article on Mike Cichy:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/13/h...cichy/?tid=sbn

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Some random notes on the Sioux blog:

# Jason Gregoire's goal 19 seconds into Friday night's 5-2 win over Merrimack was the second-fastest goal to open a season, UND media relations says. School records are incomplete prior to the 1966-67 season. But since then, the only faster goal was Lee Davidson's on Oct. 13, 1989 against Alabama-Huntsville. He scored that one in six seconds, the fastest goal ever to open any period for UND.
                              # UND went 81 of 127 (63.7) on draws against Merrimack. Chris VandeVelde won 65.1 percent for the weekend and Brad Malone won 68.8 percent.
                              # UND's games this weekend against Minnesota will not be on DirecTV Channel 617, because they are on Fox Sports North. For cable subscribers, Friday's game also will be on Fox College Sports Central and Saturday's will be on FCS Atlantic. As always, the games will be on the local Midcontinent Channel, too (and other FSSN participating affiliates).
                              # This weekend's games are sold out, but UND announced today that 350 tickets each night for the St. Cloud State series have been opened up to the general public. The students did not use up their allotment for the series.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                I'd like the "L" column to remain the same number all year...
                                # Jason Gregoire's goal 19 seconds into Friday night's 5-2 win over Merrimack was the second-fastest goal to open a season, UND media relations says. School records are incomplete prior to the 1966-67 season. But since then, the only faster goal was Lee Davidson's on Oct. 13, 1989 against Alabama-Huntsville. He scored that one in six seconds, the fastest goal ever to open any period for UND.
                                I was there to see Davidson's goal I remember standing in line before the game and everyone being amazed they played hockey in Alabama
                                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X