Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

We the fan base need to support this team tonight. Don't act like ND fans..act like hockey fans. If there is a key face off or a power play opportunity..stand up and cheer on the team....show your support rather than sitting on your hands and waiting for a goal. Maybe the people next to you stand up and support the team. There will be a lot of out of town fans here with this being a football weekend so the regulars need to be loud tonight!

Fans need to need to do their part tonight and push these guys to victory

Comment

Man, who do you sit next to? You need to sit by us. I can't watch hockey passively. I've actually (accidently) knocked my husband's glasses off his face at a hockey game.
      "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

I know its early but yall have some issues, those are 2 horrid teams that beat you... Its not like you were playing the USC of college hockey or anything :P
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Holy crawlin' out of the woodwork, Pippin, it's Captain Obvious!

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
            Man, who do you sit next to? You need to sit by us. I can't watch hockey passively. I've actually (accidently) knocked my husband's glasses off his face at a hockey game.
            Me, I just sing the fight song to a silent arena. [Did you hear me, JJfP? I sang it after the first UAH goal on Friday night. My friends over by the band cracked up because they knew what I was doing.]

JJfP is pretty darn passionate. I'm hopeful that the Irish will turn it around tonight ... mainly because I don't want people to think that UAH sucks more than {PROVICED.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm pleased.

From my observation the team is playing better each game- they lost the weird Thu game but I still think they played a neater game than last week. Although I could only listen the pbp of today's game, I heard much less misconnection than the last 3, and actually it sounds like they found eachother better later into the game than at the beginning So it's reasonable to look forward to good things coming up.

And I'm happy to see (hear) Calle and Billy are paired again, though it's slightly odd to have Billy center the line... anyway I like to see the two play together. They are each other's catalysts.

Calle 10 SOG? Really?

And of course congrates to frosh Mike Johnson for the shutout win of his first Collegiate game!
              (Do the defensemen hate Brad? )
              Irish Hockey is my first and only religious belief
              and my faith never dies

Comment

Originally posted by yuenight_for_IRISHICER View Post

And of course congrates to frosh Mike Johnson for the shutout win of his first Collegiate game!
                (Do the defensemen hate Brad? )

Yes congrats to Mike Johnson...

Congrats to Larson's first career goal for the Irish & congrats to calle as well!

As for the defense men hating brad... I don't think they hate him, I think they just want it more for Tommy....
                Notre Dame Hockey, its a way of life! ...ML

Comment

Now that was more like it. On ice communication. Better passes that found their targets. Cycling down low. Better puck protection. Better work along the blue line. Better D in front of Mike Johnson. Another freshman getting his first goal. A freshman getting his first shutout/win. Calle getting his first goal of the season. Fewer trips to the penalty box. And Dan VeNard's dad in the stands. What more could a girl want?

More physical play actually. Harder shots from Ryan Thang's mom. And more of those awesomely tasteless jokes by Chuck Clemency.

Let's keep up the work-in-progress, boys. You're gettin' there!

Comment

I wonder if we are going to see more of Mike Johnson, and soon? He was great last night. I think Jackson will have to give him the next start. Of the three, he's done the most to earn one. Better effort last night all the way around, but still a way to go.

Comment

• Re: The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

Just a random note before I leave Venice: "Calle" is the local term for "street (or little street)"... so I've seen thousands of Calles during the last 3 days... and most of them are super cute!

But of course the best Calle is the one who scores for Notre Dame hockey team
                      Irish Hockey is my first and only religious belief
                      and my faith never dies

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                        I wonder if we are going to see more of Mike Johnson, and soon? He was great last night. I think Jackson will have to give him the next start. Of the three, he's done the most to earn one. Better effort last night all the way around, but still a way to go.
                        I believe we have found Notre Dame's new starting goalie.... I think Jackson needs to juggle the players around and switch around what goalie is 1st 2nd & 3rd string goalie....

Comment

So I know I'll be rooting against ND on Tuesday... but for now:

Go Irish, beat Trojans!
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

This work in progress will have its mettle tested Tuesday as the Irish travel to Agganis to face the defending national champs.

Some of the things I like from this young season thus far for the Irish are their shots on goal. They're averaging better than 38 shots/game thus far. I love their 1.75 GA after 4 games. I also like their PP and PK in the early goings. Their PP is a very respectable 20.8% while their PK is a stingy 94.7%. I also like that the PPG's are spread out amongst 5 different players already. They are getting more disciplined in their play, as their penalties/game has diminished to a more ND-like 6.5 infractions a game. Their +/- as a team is -11, but if I recall correctly, I believe it was in the hole in October of last season, too.

Some of the things I still don't like would include their GF/game. While they are taking tons of shots, they are averaging still only 2.25 GF/game. That number is growing, but I'm impatient...

I like that they have 12 guys on the scoresheet so far, led by Kevin Deeth, who's averaging a point a game. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Mike Johnson will start in goal for ND Tuesday. He looked to be the most steady of the three and has perfect numbers in his one game. And why not start a freshman in net against the defending national champs? They and the runner-up both started freshmen goalies in the title game last April. And let's not forget the freshman goalie in net when we played for the NC...

BU has played only one game that counts this season: a loss to UMass. They have a win and a tie in their 2 exhibition games. In that loss, BU went 33% on the PP and were perfect on the PK. If you take into consideration their 2 warm-up games, the Terriers are a robust 25% on the PP. They aren't quite as good on the PK in the 3 outings at 82.4%.

In the 3 games, they are averaging 2.33 GF and 2.33 GA. BU has 5 guys on the scoresheet for the game that counts. They're led by Alex Chiasson, who scored the 2 goals in that game against UMass with 4 players adding assists. Other biggies to watch for are David Warsofsky, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Gryba and Nick Bonino.

Kieran Millan should be in net for them although he shared time in net with Adam Kraus in their 2 exhibitions. In the game that counts, his numbers weren't that great with a GA of 3.08 and a save % of .885. Last season, Millan had a great GA of 1.94 coupled with a fantastic save % of .921. Grant Rollheiser saw time in about 1/4 of BU's games last season and his numbers were decent with a GA of 2.13 and a save % of .897.

Let's make this trip to and from Beantown a happy one.

Progress has little to do with speed and much to do with direction.

Comment

...people dont seem to write in here as much as other years!

...Anywho!

Tonight you all can watch ND take on BU on ESPNU at 7:00!

Go IRISH!

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_guy_in_section_1 View Post
                                ...people dont seem to write in here as much as other years!
                                Oh my... I'm in trouble if I'm thinking the same things as you are!

Seriously though... I wonder why this seems to be the case...

Heading home after a very good day for my students. Let's hope for a very good night for Irish hockey players!

Comment

Working...
                                X