Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

So who do you all think will start in goal tonight?

...and in case I dont get on before tonight!

Go IRISH Beat SPARATANS!
    Notre Dame Hockey, its a way of life! ...ML

Comment

I was wondering why nobody was talking about the series but it was going in in here the whole time! But yeah, we're looking good...But i think Notre Dame will bring its best hockey of the year this weekend, probably starting tonight. I have a feeling we might struggle a bit with a big strong, puck possession team like ND. I think a split is a safe prediction. I was also thinking that last weekend, though

Ya gotta lose sometime though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_guy_in_section_1 View Post
        So who do you all think will start in goal tonight?
        Phillips and Johnson should split. I'm going with Phillips tonight, but the decision wasn't even made til this morning's practice.

Originally posted by pirateasaurus
        Ya gotta lose sometime though, right?
        God, I hope you start tonight.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

If Phillips does start tonight and wins do you think they will pull him out of there on sunday or leave him?

Comment

If Phillips does start tonight and wins do you think they will pull him out of there on sunday or leave him?
            My guess would be yes. Coach Jackson earlier this week was still unconvinced as to who would be the top guy, so I can't see one game changing that. Otherwise, he would have left Johnson in after his first win...

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

First the annoying:

Well, Mike Johnson must have had the better practice this morning. If only the goalies would have good practices on a more consistent basis.

While I was going to hold our captain accountable for the CFB, apparently, I have to hold the CCHA refs accountable. No penalty was even going to be assessed. How do you issue a major after the fact? Oh wait, Shegos is in stripes...

However, I can hold Ian Cole accountable for his CFB as it was the right call. Your team is already down a guy... please, for God's sake, do the right thing.

No penalties in the first 20 minutes, followed by 2 five-minute majors and a minor during the 2nd five-minute major? (I know the first major was a bad call, but still...) What the crap is up with this "disciplined" team? No wonder they can't hold a 3rd period lead.

Now for the not-annoying:

Yay for the PK during those huge man-down minutes.

Yay for Kyle Palmieri. Finally.

Yay for Mike Johnson.

Gigantic yay for Dan Kissel. The hardest working guy in blue and gold.

I still hate shootouts.

Nice job, boys for stealing that extra point from the red-hot guys in green.

Let's work hard to stay disciplined and aim for a regulation win Sunday.

Comment

didn't watch the game but according to what I heard they played like the team I used to watch before the tying goal... and they were tough to kill the rest of the game... Still worried about the finishing, but with those pp to kill I don't have much to blame them for lack of offense.

8 penalties 2 misconducts... Jackson's team? Thang's misconduct call is dumb, but still, wow...

Johnson is impressive in shootout... I saw the ghost of Jordan Pearce back in net

Waiting for shootouts challenges my heart... even though Billy claimed he likes it.
                Last edited by yuenight_for_IRISHICER; 11-19-2009, 08:55 PM.
                Irish Hockey is my first and only religious belief
                and my faith never dies

Comment

Odd that is seems as if both sets of fans are really not happy with the outcome tonight. I know I'm not. Once again Notre Dame cannot score enough. Once again they let go of a lead, and once again it is in the last period. Once again they force an almost unwinnable situation on their netminder in the third by forcing him to come up big killing 2-man disadvantages and majors.

I knew the team lost some great talent after last season. Could it be they simply lost a lot more than what they have left? It sure looks like it so far. At least on the offensive side of the ice. No way should this be a team that scores 2 or fewer goals in 9 of their 13 games so far. Only the Bowling Green Falcons are scoring at a more anemic pace so far than are the Irish in the CCHA, and they are near the bottom on offense overall in the NCAAs.

The way this season started seemed to be reminiscent of the way the game against Bemidji started last March. A little hick-up of a goal and before you knew it, they were losing 5-1 and never really got started. A loss to Huntsville in a game Notre Dame really should have won to open the season and I'm still waiting for this team to really get started. It seems to be a complete mystery as to what it will take for the offense to come around. At some point one or more of the goalies will hit a rough stretch and give up some soft ones. And at 2 goals a game you won't win any of them when that happens. So anytime they want to kick it into gear would be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by yuenight_for_IRISHICER View Post

Johnson is impressive in shootout... I saw the ghost of Jordan Pearce back in net
                    I wouldn't go that far.... he did play a heck of a game! still we need some consistency!

Comment

State could get NOTHING clean in front of Johnson tonight. Credit goes to ND, whether it was lifting sticks or taking away passing lanes.
                      You're guys played with more purpose - clearly.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far.... he did play a heck of a game! still we need some consistency!
                        hey I only point to the SO....

I know it's not that easy to get another Jordan...
                        Irish Hockey is my first and only religious belief
                        and my faith never dies

Comment

Here I am checking scores and Mr. JJfP poses a head scratcher, "Guess what former ND player is playing right now for the Florida Panthers?! You'll never guess." Victor Oreskovich. Nice to see he's exorcised those demons.

Comment

Congrats to Christian Hanson on his first professional hat trick! He's tearin' it up for the Marlies. I bet Phil Kessel wouldn't mind a linemate like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                              Here I am checking scores and Mr. JJfP poses a head scratcher, "Guess what former ND player is playing right now for the Florida Panthers?! You'll never guess." Victor Oreskovich. Nice to see he's exorcised those demons.
                              Some media outlets reported that he not only returned to Notre Dame (that I knew) but that he also graduated, which is -- if correct -- something I did not know. At any rate, it's good to see someone turn things around. He was not someone I thought would have had a snowball's chance in hell of making the NHL after 1-plus seasons of college hockey. Too immature, to self aggrandizing. He's obviously grown quite a bit. Good for him.

Comment

A player's dad told me last year that, in his hiatus from hockey, he had returned to ND to continue his classes. I thought that was impressive enough, let alone see him return to the professional hockey after time off, and the NHL to boot! Oh, and his Panthers beat the Wings last night...

Getting back to Hanson...I failed to also mention that he had a Gordie Howe hat trick last month.

Comment

Working...
                                X