D3 Preseason Captain's Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D3 Preseason Captain's Practice

Totally out of ignorance, (sometimes a common commodity), I would assume that the coach would have had some interaction with the players when they returned to campus, especially the Captains, and I would guess he would have indicated what his expectations were for these "practices". So while the coaches may not be present at such events, I'm sure their 'spirits' are there.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

From "pink fluffy bunnies" to ducks performing surface activity. This is all becoming very clear, how we view our student-athletes these Fall days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey NutCase View Post
        From "pink fluffy bunnies" to ducks performing surface activity. This is all becoming very clear, how we view our student-athletes these Fall days.
        To protect the teams from potential NCAA sanctions, I'll keep their identity secret, but photos of the alleged activity can be seen here and here.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
          To protect the teams from potential NCAA sanctions, I'll keep their identity secret, but photos of the alleged activity can be seen here and here.

I appreciate your efforts...but where are the cinnamon buns?
          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
            I appreciate your efforts...but where are the cinnamon buns?
            This is what was witnessed, prior to being discovered by the ducks
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              Totally out of ignorance, (sometimes a common commodity), I would assume that the coach would have had some interaction with the players when they returned to campus, especially the Captains, and I would guess he would have indicated what his expectations were for these "practices". So while the coaches may not be present at such events, I'm sure their 'spirits' are there.
              This is so very very true. The "Captains Practices" are run by the "Captains" but the drills that are run are no ones but the coaches who have met with the captains prior to ever being on the ice and telling them what drills to do. This is common practice I am sure throughout all of college hockey no matter what the level. Sure there are the occassional days where we scrimmaged but for the most part these practices closely resembled the ones we had when we would take the ice with a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey NutCase View Post
                Supposedly there were 78 sightings of "pink fluffy bunnies with cinnamon buns on top" activities throughout the Northeast and upper Midwest today, some going on as early as 5am, others happening as we speak. Dont tell anyone.

In Oswego this afternoon at "pink fluffy bunnies with cinnamon buns on top". The Rookie squad took it to the vet's, in the 40 min scrimmage. More hussle, better passing, and better team defense. Just givin the facts
                Oldtimehockey

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
                  In Oswego this afternoon at "pink fluffy bunnies with cinnamon buns on top". The Rookie squad took it to the vet's, in the 40 min scrimmage. More hussle, better passing, and better team defense. Just givin the facts
                  That's encouraging!!!
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

NCAA approves new helmet
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      NCAA approves new helmet
                      I don't see cinnamon buns
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        I don't see cinnamon buns
                        It's a good thing my desktop is not current hooked up...because, trust me, there would be a picture of a pink bunny with a pastry on its dome. Oh...there would be....
                        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Just an observation.......Today's Burlington Free Press, (internet edition), has a picture of the D-1 UVM hockey team captioned "Captains Practice". I noticed that the players were all in practice uniforms.
                          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                            Just an observation.......Today's Burlington Free Press, (internet edition), has a picture of the D-1 UVM hockey team captioned "Captains Practice". I noticed that the players were all in practice uniforms.
                            It's likely D1 schools have already begun practicing as a team in a manner approved by the NCAA. Just a hunch as most D1 teams start playing games within the next two weeks, while D3 games don't begin for another month (or longer for some eastern teams)...

edit: Yeah, VT travels to play DU in 9 days. I'd be shocked if they aren't practicing with coaches already.
                            Last edited by altazo; 09-30-2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                              It's likely D1 schools have already begun practicing as a team in a manner approved by the NCAA. Just a hunch as most D1 teams start playing games within the next two weeks, while D3 games don't begin for another month (or longer for some eastern teams)...

edit: Yeah, VT travels to play DU in 9 days. I'd be shocked if they aren't practicing with coaches already.
                              Try Friday or Saturday
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

When are the teams, D1 and D3, allowed to start practicing under coaches supervision according to NCAA rules? I noticed some D3 teams have pre-season games scheduled for the middle of October but have not heard that they have started official practices.

Comment

Working...
                                X