Originally posted by hockey247 View Post
    Here are your canidates for the SHU head job according to USHR:

Lou Santini, Sacred Heart assistant
    C.J. Marottolo, Yale University assistant
    Bob Prier, St. Lawrence assistant
    Stan Moore, Providence College assistant
    Mike Corbett, Air Force assistant
    Ben Syner, Quinnipiac assistant

Interviews will be conducted today and continue through Wednesday.

A little surprised to see Stan Moore here. Any one else?

Thoughts from everyone?
    As a SLU fan, I hope Bobby Prier ends up staying with us. Real great, class act guy, but I can see his reasons for wanting a head coach spot too. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Re: Sacred Heart coach gone?

Originally posted by midwesterner View Post
      Rumor, but might be dropping hockey?
      Frankly I've never figured out how they could afford to sponsor even a partial scholarship Division-I team while playing before about 500 fans per game at a community rink approximately 15 miles from the campus. When the ECAC turned down their membership application (which reportedly included a commitment to build an on-campus rink) I thought sure the program would follow Fairfield into the history books. Its survival is a bit of a mystery.
      Last edited by rpi82; 10-03-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey247 View Post
        Here are your canidates for the SHU head job according to USHR:

Lou Santini, Sacred Heart assistant
        C.J. Marottolo, Yale University assistant
        Bob Prier, St. Lawrence assistant
        Stan Moore, Providence College assistant
        Mike Corbett, Air Force assistant
        Ben Syner, Quinnipiac assistant

Interviews will be conducted today and continue through Wednesday.

A little surprised to see Stan Moore here. Any one else?

Thoughts from everyone?

Syner isn't going anyway... just like SHU is pushing to move up to the ECAC QU is pushing to move up into the Hockey East. Syner won't leave until a rejection letter is handed to QU.

Air Force and Yale both made the first round of the Frozen Four tournament last year and can get back there this year. No doubt those guys will stay at their respective schools because of that.

Santini is probably your best option this late in the year. He knows the players, and the game plan and can ease the transition into the start of the season far better than bringing someone in from the outside.
        Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
        The Northford years

Comment

I would be very surprised if QU moved to Hockey East. First, I think the administration really likes being in the same league as Yale and other highly regarded schools. It validates many of the gains Quinnipiac has made in recent years. Second, while QU has advantages in terms of facilities and admissions in the ECAC, they would have neither in Hockey East. Until the Bobcats show they can dominate the ECAC it would be unwise to risk becoming another Merrimack in HE.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            I would be very surprised if QU moved to Hockey East. First, I think the administration really likes being in the same league as Yale and other highly regarded schools. It validates many of the gains Quinnipiac has made in recent years. Second, while QU has advantages in terms of facilities and admissions in the ECAC, they would have neither in Hockey East. Until the Bobcats show they can dominate the ECAC it would be unwise to risk becoming another Merrimack in HE.
            Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by midwesterner View Post
              Rumor, but might be dropping hockey?

Where are you getting this information from?

Comment

Working...
              X