Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominations For UM-Lowell Hockey Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nominations For UM-Lowell Hockey Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!

How timely, based on the overwhelming success of the 2009-10 UM-Lowell Men's Ice Hockey team - they've already been picked as the 9th-ranked team in the entire nation (Q: "Out of all 58 teams?" A: "Yes, out of ALL of them!") - the University, which was thinking of shuttin' 'er down a couple of summers ago, is starting a Hockey Hall Of Fame.

Nominations are being invited.

I nominate the 2009-10 UM-Lowell Men's Ice Hockey team in its entirety.

Re: Nominations For UM-Lowell Hockey Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!

Who'd have ever imagined UVM fans being so bold after beating powerhouses Yale and Air Force to reach the high point in their hockey program's history.

I'm just glad I was around to see it. Someday, Grandpa Grantfan will be telling those grandkids, "we went to a Frozen Four once, you know! And I know you think Yale and Air Force are chumps, but they were REALLY GOOD that one year. We came out of a bracket that had Michigan in it!!"
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
      How timely, based on the overwhelming success of the 2009-10 UM-Lowell Men's Ice Hockey team - they've already been picked as the 9th-ranked team in the entire nation (Q: "Out of all 58 teams?" A: "Yes, out of ALL of them!") - the University, which was thinking of shuttin' 'er down a couple of summers ago, is starting a Hockey Hall Of Fame.

Nominations are being invited.

I nominate the 2009-10 UM-Lowell Men's Ice Hockey team in its entirety.
      The University had no plans to shut down the program, it was one moron on the UMass Board of Trustees that wanted all the money funneled out to Amherst.

Was a new thread seriously needed for this? You couldn't keep the *****fest in the UVM Off-Season thread?

Nov. 8th can't come soon enough..
      UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

The gauntlet appears to have been thrown down!

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
          The University had no plans to shut down the program, it was one moron on the UMass Board of Trustees that wanted all the money funneled out to Amherst.

Was a new thread seriously needed for this? You couldn't keep the *****fest in the UVM Off-Season thread?

Nov. 8th can't come soon enough..
          Never mind the fact the Lowell's got a lot more hockey history to celebrate than Vermont.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

*****http://www.alvyray.com/Photography/Images/Elephants9sm.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              *****http://www.alvyray.com/Photography/Images/Elephants9sm.jpg******
              Game. Set. Match.

grantfan loses again.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Game. Set. Match.

grantfan loses again.
                Well, he lost before he started but it is creating amusement.

Comment

Working...
                X