X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre season pick the NCAA field

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
    93Greatlaker

Platty will beat Adrian in the National Championship in 7 overtimes. The game winning goal will be scored on a dump-in that ricochets off of Remy's head as he is working one of the penalty boxes. Sadly Remy will be rendered unconscious thus will not see the greatest goal in Platty history and will miss out on the celebration. Shortly after the game Norm will find an instance on the internet where a similar situation occured in a Cricket game in Pakistan and tell us all about it
    You might be close, but I do believe it will be on a penalty shot awarded after a disgruntled Oswego fan throws a stale bagel at Remy during Plattsburgh's OT shootout, this is consistent with the NCAA rules, including Rule 4-6, Rule 6-56-b, and Appendixes A and B.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      You might be close, but I do believe it will be on a penalty shot awarded after a disgruntled Oswego fan throws a stale bagel at Remy during Plattsburgh's OT shootout, this is consistent with the NCAA rules, including Rule 4-6, Rule 6-56-b, and Appendixes A and B.
      I actually heard that Ron Fogarty himself plans on throwing the bagel. Evidently it will be done in protest of the NCAA allowing teams to provide bagels for their athletes, but no cream cheese or butter.

I'm not capable of making these things up.
      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

There is a saying in the Catholic Church: "He who goes into the conclave as Pope comes out a Cardinal."

Thus was borne Pool D for those that go into the smoke filled room a contender and come out with golf clubs as a consolation prize. There are numerous examples of this, but in the interests of posting space, I will leave it to the readers to fill in the examples.

Then there is Webb's OOC Collorary to Pool D, which states (and I am greviously misquoting the Bard of D-III), "Some OOC's are more important than others."

And finally there is the (now defunct) MCHA adjunct to Webb's Collorary. Also known as Albom's Theorem, it states that "We shall hang together rather than individually." Rumor had it that this was first uttered in Ron Fogarty's bathroom shortly after the 2007 (oops! 2008) selection.
        Last edited by joecct; 10-01-2009, 03:08 PM.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Better a bagel than a Dasani bottle.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Better a bagel than a Dasani bottle.
            I have an unopened one that will be on a shelf in the DIII museum. No joking...

A Shawn Skelly stick blade is also in the mix. Not because I run around collecting stick blades, but rather, because it alllmost hit me in the head and killed me at St. John's last year. A cracked Kyle Jones stick is in the party as well, though the story behind that one is somewhat ludicrous.
            Last edited by Matthew Webb; 09-28-2009, 03:34 PM.
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Oswego fan throws a stale bagel at Remy during Plattsburgh's OT shootout,
              Stale or not..from the looks of it Remy never met a bagel he did not like.
              "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                There is a saying in the Catholic Church: "He who goes into the conclave as Pope comes out a Cardinal."

Thus was borne Pool D for those that go into the smoke filled room a contender and come out with golf clubs as a consolation prize. There are numerous examples of this, but in the interests of posting space, I will leave it to the readers to fill in the examples.

Then there is Webb's OOC Collorary to Pool D, which states (and I am greviously misquoting the Bard of D-III), "Some OOC's are more important than others."

And finally there is the (now defunct) MCHA adjunct to Webb's Collorary. Also known as Albom's Theorem, it states that "We shall hang together rather than individually." Rumor had it that this was first uttered in Ron Fogarty's bathroom shortly after the 2007 selection.
                At the time of the 2007 selection Ron Fogarty's bathroom was a port-A-john and the Bulldogs were six months before their first game. (Gotcha)

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post
                  At the time of the 2007 selection Ron Fogarty's bathroom was a port-A-john and the Bulldogs were six months before their first game. (Gotcha)
                  It's the thought that counts and I can't count -- which is pretty bad considering I'm an accountant.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                    I have an unopened one that will be on a shelf in the DIII museum. No joking...

A Shawn Skelly stick blade is also in the mix. Not because I run around collecting stick blades, but rather, because it alllmost hit me in the head and killed me at St. John's last year. A cracked Kyle Jones stick is in the party as well, though the story behind that one is somewhat ludicrous.
                    Better be a Puck Flattsburgh shirt in the mix...

Also, where are these Rowdy Crowd t-shirts??
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Time for Do-overs!!

Pioneers #1
                      You picked 11 teams, but your Pool B selection, Utica, is not in the tournament. Either change your Pool B to one of the ECAC-W schools you picked, your make it 3 ECAC-W and jettison one of the two bid conferences.

Hawk
                      You only selected 10 teams and St. Norbert cannot receive a Pool B bid (either ECAC-W or MASCAC). Put StN in the tournament under NCHA and pick an ECAC-W team for Pool B.

PrezedeJohnson09
                      I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I say, to discover you made an error!
                      You picked the Soaring Eagles as your Pool B bid winner, but neglected to put them in the tournament field. Just for that, may you find employment in the CCCP region, where it is tough to find a right winger at any school.

Play by Play
                      Same goof as Prezde. Please add Hobart into the field.

Regards

Your Cruise Director
                      Fixed Mr. Tournament Director.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

15 entries. Results so far.

15. Adrian

13. Stout, Plattsburgh

12. Hobart

10. Norwich, Curry, Midd, Amherst, Gustavus Adolphus

9. Superior, Oswego

8. Elmira, Manhattanville

5. St. Norbert

3. Nichols, Castleton, Wentworth

2. Hamline, Neumann, CSS, Salem State

1. St. Thomas, New England College, St. Olaf, Bowdoin, Babson
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          15 entries. Results so far.

15. Adrian
                          ....hmmmm.....it would appear that 'gojackets' hasn't responded.

Comment

No Love for UWSP??

Comment

Bump

Last few days to make your choices....

Thanks to Prezde for summarizing
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Name: NUProf

School: Norwich

1 ECAC-E Norwich
                                1 ECAC-NE Curry
                                2 ECAC-W Hobart, Manhattanville
                                0 MASCAC
                                2 NESCAC Middlebury, Amherst
                                1 SUNYAC Plattsburgh
                                1 MCHA Adrian
                                1 MIAC St. Thomas
                                2 NCHA Stout, Superior

Pool B: Hobart
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X