Myles Brand has died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles Brand has died.

Myles Brand has died. I would expect that the NCAA will continue with his policies, especially his valuing academics over athletes.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Re: Myles Brand has died.

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Myles Brand has died. I would expect that the NCAA will continue with his policies, especially his valuing academics over athletes.
    Good.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Good.
      Myles Brand died of pancreatic cancer. He was the first NCAA President to have previously served as a university president (U of Oregon and Indiana U). Keeping him and his family in thoughts and prayers.
      Last edited by fr joe; 09-17-2009, 12:55 AM.
      Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
        Myles Brand died of pancreatic cancer. He was the first NCAA President to have previously served as a university president (U of Oregon and Indiana U). Keeping him and his family in thoughts and prayers.
        Really, the NCAA should be drawing more from the academic ranks - we sometimes forget that the student part of student-athlete comes first, and thus the NCAA needs to be as vigiliant as possible at keeping the importance of that relation. Dr. Brand certainly did that, and we should be thankful for his service.

Pancreatic cancer, as I said in the RPI thread, is the worst cancer. With most other types, at least you have a fighting chance, in some cases better than that. Pancreatic is a death sentence.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Will the passing of Dr. Brand have any effect on the Fighting Sioux debacle???

stev

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Really, the NCAA should be drawing more from the academic ranks - we sometimes forget that the student part of student-athlete comes first, and thus the NCAA needs to be as vigiliant as possible at keeping the importance of that relation.
            Sometimes???? I'd say most of us on this board never notice it.

Comment

Working...
            X