ECAC West thoughts and predictions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC West thoughts and predictions??

I realize that its still a month before the teams are even allowed to practice, but what are some of your thoughts and opinions on the upcoming season for the teams and players:

Who do you think is the favorite to grab the championship?

What teams will make the NCAA tournament?

Who are the key players who must have a big year for their team to be successful?

What team takes a step forward? A step back?

Who do you think will be the best goalie? Highest scorer?Best defenseman?

What team had the best recruiting class?

Who do you think will make the All-Conference team? Who will be Conference MVP?

Do you think there are any All-American canidates in the conference?

Who will be Coach of the year?

Any Prospective future Professionals in the conference?

Just trying to get some hockey talk started!

Re: ECAC West thoughts and predictions??

I think Neumann is going to have growing pains early on as they graduated 12 guys. Their championship should give a big boost to recruiting, but they're going to be a young team this year.
    I guess what Neumann did last year means that LVC is going to win it all in 2014.

Comment

You probably have the Pool B slot nailed down, unless a MASCAC team has gotten smart in scheduling the right mix of OOC games to get a better PWC than you.

IF it is a 6/5 split as Webb suggests, there will be only one Pool C slot open in the East. If the MASCAC champ goes 22-5 and is not the Pool B selectee, it may be interesting to see who gets that slot.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hobartfan1 View Post
        I realize that its still a month before the teams are even allowed to practice, but what are some of your thoughts and opinions on the upcoming season for the teams and players:

Who do you think is the favorite to grab the championship?
        Hobart, as long as they find goaltending

What teams will make the NCAA tournament?
        Hobart, Elmira, (maybe Manhattanville)

Who are the key players who must have a big year for their team to be successful? Hobart- DeCroo, Elmira- Masters, Neumann- McKinnon, Manhattanville- Henningson, Utica- Tim Coffman

What team takes a step forward? Lebanon Valley, I think they win a conference game this year, maybe two. They took steps in the right direction last year.

A step back Neumann...They lost way too much to even come close to repeating what they did last year.

Who do you think will be the best goalie? Tuttle, Elmira. He'll have a bounce back year and be a big part of the Soaring Eagles success if they do well.

Highest scorer? Nick DeCroo, Hobart. Best player in the conference...hands down.

Best defenseman? Karl Linden, Elmira. Dynamic player on both ends of the ice.

What team had the best recruiting class? Manhattanville. Big bruisers from Western Canada...watch out.

Who do you think will make the All-Conference team? Masters, Elmira; DeCroo, Hobart, Ward, Neumann Linden, Elmira; Mikkelsen, Manhattanville, Ross McKinnon, Neumann

Who will be Conference MVP? Nick DeCroo, Hobart

Do you think there are any All-American canidates in the conference? Yes, DeCroo, Masters, Henningson, Linden, McKinnon, Tuttle, Mikkelsen, Coffman, Ward are all more than capable.

Who will be Coach of the year? Saul, Elmira

Any Prospective future Professionals in the conference? All of the guys I listed as potential all-americans....same list.

Just trying to get some hockey talk started!
        Those are my thoughts...
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Heres my opinion:

Who do you think is the favorite to grab the championship? Manhattanville because they have brought in some big time players from Western Canada.,also Possibly Elmira because they usually bring in some fantastic players from Europe every years so who knows.

What teams will make the NCAA tournament? Elmira,Hobart.I want to say M'ville but every year when it looks like their going to do it all,They lose and their season ends.I don't its too close for anyone to call at the moment.

Who are the key players who must have a big year for their team to be successful? Utica-Tim Coffman,Anthony Luckow,Matt Jimenez Neumann-Ross McKinnon Manhattanville- Masters or Linden Hobart- DeCroo LvC-Spiros Anastas

What team takes a step forward? A step back? I think Utica takes a step forward this year.They are bringing in some very talented players this year aand the recruits that their bringing in have some impressive numbers.For sure all the pressure is going to be on Neumann,But i don't think their going to be a contender for the National Championship again.Like people have been saying,They did lose 12 seniors so its going to be tuff to repeat with all the freshmen their getting.

Who do you think will be the best goalie? Highest scorer? Best defenseman?
          Luckow or Tuttle.Luckow looks promising and Tuttle always works his magic in net.Nick DeCroo....maybe Tim Coffman.

What team had the best recruiting class? Mannhattanville....hands down.

Who will be Coach of the year? Gary Hennen or Mark Taylor.

Any Prospective future Professionals in the conference? Tim Coffman or Casey Tuttle.
          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Working...
          X