X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Speaking of Steady Eddie, will Mike Lee start the proud tradition of getting drunk and fighting with cops the way Ed Belfour did for UND?
    He is from up north, so I wouldn't put it past him. I wonder if he tries to yank the cop's shirt up over his head followed by some uppercuts, screaming, "putting on the foil coach".

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I've been waiting to hear something on Cepis and I looked at Hammy's Twitter today and he had something.

http://***********/hammyhockey

Early reports make it sound like Cepis could really help out when he becomes eligible. Fast, skilled, and a "pest".
      Needless to say, I like it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Speaking of Steady Eddie, will Mike Lee start the proud tradition of getting drunk and fighting with cops the way Ed Belfour did for UND?
        Don't forget telling the cops that if they let him go, he'll give them one billion dollars.

God, I love that story.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I don't know about you guys but I've been waiting to hear something on Cepis and I looked at Hammy's Twitter today and he had something.

Is he not eligible until 2nd semester?
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Is he not eligible until 2nd semester?
            Correct. He transferred after the season started last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              And you ****ed over Hano too. Thanks ******!

Yeah... since SCSU doesn't have ANY goalscorers, clearly offense is going to be their downfall this year.
              Whatever, cling to hope that your team is going be any good at all and that Lee is going to take you to the promised land. Hard to score when you spend the whole game in your end cause your defense sucks, but dont let the truth get in the way of you having a chip on your shoulder!
              Last edited by Handyman; 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Whatever, cling to hope that your team is going be any good at all and that Lee is going to take you to the promised land. Hard to score when you spend the whole game in your end cause your defense sucks, but dont let the truth get in the way of you having a chip on your shoulder!
                And Handy knows about having a defense that sucks.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Watching SCSU fans all atwiter about their upcoming season is like watching Lucy holding that football and inviting Charlie Brown to come and kick it:

Regardless of what happens in the interim, you know how it ends.

BTW this metaphor works for the Vikings, too.
                  "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by 61ache View Post
                    I can guarantee you I could place a plywood goaltender cut out, place 100 pucks five feet in from the dot, and Jordan Schroeder would score 0 goals on the short side. Its simple geometry, its just not there. He could put it in the net through the five hole, on the weak side, a number of places, but 0 out of 100 would score on the short side.

The Number 1 lesson a goalie is taught--put your stake in the ground, so to speak, and make the player react to what you give him. Number 2 lesson a goaltender has, take away the short side on hard angles. Shooters, instinctively like the short side and it's the first thing they'll look for. 9 times out of 10 players looks to the short side first and if it's not there he'll try and go for something else (across the body, dish it through the slot, around the net, etc). Sniper's score all the time on hard angles, and that's what they get paid for. Show me a goal from a hard angle that scores on the short side and I'll show you

1) A goalie trying to do too much.

2) A goalie cheating because someone's on the weak side

3) A player making the goalie react and not vice-versa (trying to take away the five hole, down on his knees, but not sucking to the pipe, etc).
                    1) Your original post did not reference hard angle shots...just short side goals
                    2) Anyone who has ever played forward knows that a goaltender has more then the 5 holes a shooter tutor has...
                    3) Peter Sejna won the Hobey Baker by scoring hard angle short side goals...even with the goaltender hugging the post.

So I'll repeat...a sniper can score a short sided goal with a good shot regardless of the goaltender's position.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Yeah cause a team that returns more than 80% of it's scoring from last year and graduated one defenseman off a defense that had 4 first year players can't possibly get any better.
                      Nice assumption there Handy, I mean if you can assume SCSU can't improve, then we can assume the Gopher defense is still going to suck and Kangas will be like he was last year right?
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
                        Watching SCSU fans all atwiter about their upcoming season is like watching Lucy holding that football and inviting Charlie Brown to come and kick it:

Regardless of what happens in the interim, you know how it ends.

BTW this metaphor works for the Vikings, too.
                        Your analogy sucks... SCSU fans would be Charlie Brown, the one with optimism that this'll be the time. Lucy would be everyone else.

But thanks for playing, I hope you enjoy your lovely parting gifts.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Scooby...here's his former coach's assessment and some more info on Jacob Cepis. What struck me as significant was BGs head coach Scott Paluch praising him for his ability to find open spaces in the opponents' defense and his confidence while going to the net.

Although Cepis was one of BG's best offensive players, he struggled most of his last season and had just one goal and four assists in 18 games. He has outstanding speed and skill and earned Central Collegiate Hockey Association all-rookie honors as a freshmen. He's a good student/athlete (3.67 GPA in HS and 3.0 GPA at BG in sport management).

He also had internal conflicts at BG and upon leaving said, "I'm not happy with hockey right now. There are some decisions you have to make in your life. You have to be happy and you want to do well and you want to be the best you can be. This is what's best for me right now."

I'm sure after sitting out a while he's anxious to get back in form. It remains to be seen how long that will take, where he fits in and how he adapts to the Gopher system.

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                          It's a good thing they don't use plywood goalie cutouts in real games, then.
                          Hey, you're talkin' about Adult Open Hockey's most consistent player.
                          Last edited by HarleyMC; 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Your analogy sucks... SCSU fans would be Charlie Brown, the one with optimism that this'll be the time. Lucy would be everyone else.
                            He didn't designate them you mental midget.

Comment

That's my point, Einstein.

And like Charlie Brown, that optimism turns into an effort with no reward.

And Lucy isn't everyone else. It's your hockey program.

Get it?
                              "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Will Cepis be able to play against British Columbia (exhibition)?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X