This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Wisconsin has not stuck around very long at Minnesota!! Shocked to see Lofty go, I liked the kid, but he is no Ballard, Leo, Martin, Goli. exc!! Good luck Sam, hope you go all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
      Caught Lou Nanne with Bump on the drive home. Lou speculated, and was confirmed by someone who claimed to be Sam's uncle, that he left because of playing time and this was a decision long in the making.
      I find it strange as well given he played in all but a couple of games last year and I believe he was a healthy scratch for just 3 of the 8 games this year. Maybe his idea of long in the making is a couple of weeks.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe he felt horrible about knocking Bariball out for the season.
        Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
        INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Evidently he means Dirty...
          No - SIM or SCSF.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
            Don't all North Dakota players first play major junior in Canada?

Evidently some regulars on this board thought this was a serious question.

Comment

Well, the rumor now is that a high profile player is being pressured by the NHL team that owns their rights to leave mid-season. Of course the rumor is posted and the player is not identified, and the topper is apparently we won't know anything for a month.

Wow.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Well, the rumor now is that a high profile player is being pressured by the NHL team that owns their rights to leave mid-season. Of course the rumor is posted and the player is not identified, and the topper is apparently we won't know anything for a month.

Wow.
                [rolls dice in hand] COME ON GARTH SNOW[/roll dice in hand]

Brandon did trade for Ness's rights right around the time the Islanders ended their prospect evaluations this summer. I always thought that was a bit odd, maybe just paranoid of Snow. Now U of M's D-core is headed toward uncharted territory, with an Islander's club trying to rebuild with prospects (puts on tin foil hat and pops some corn in anticipation).

Any idea if The Don is going to make some signings this week? I think today is when the signing period opens.
                Last edited by 61ache; 11-11-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Wow.
                  So basically it's either Garth Snow saving Ness from a decimated program just in time to draft another future Gopher [Gardiner?], Mike Gillis needing Schroeder after all the Canucks' injuries or smoke/bull****. Have to assume the Wild aren't dumb enough to pull Leddy after four games [plus DR and Lemaire aren't there anymore] and no one else left is a high-end prospect for their team, but either way it's pretty sad that we've reached the point as Gopher fans where we're expecting mid-season departures.
                  M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
                    Wisconsin has not stuck around very long at Minnesota!!
                    They wise up they made a bad decision and move on. There's no other plausible explanation. I really can't blame them for not being able to stomach rodentsota for more than a few years. I vacationed there a week in 1997 and almost didn't live to see this day. But I will admit the perch we caught almost tasted as good as the ones from WI.

Related to this subject, now maybe you can see why Eaves brings in boatloads of players after Earl and Pavelski bailed unexpectantly. He doesn't want to get caught in the same situation again where all the top end guys have bailed and all he can send out are 4 lines of 3rd line players.

Is this Gardiner kid related to the one @ UW?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      They wise up they made a bad decision and move on. There's no other plausible explanation. I really can't blame them for not being able to stomach rodentsota for more than a few years. I vacationed there a week in 1997 and almost didn't live to see this day. But I will admit the perch we caught almost tasted as good as the ones from WI.

Related to this subject, now maybe you can see why Eaves brings in boatloads of players after Earl and Pavelski bailed unexpectantly. He doesn't want to get caught in the same situation again where all the top end guys have bailed and all he can send out are 4 lines of 3rd line players.

Is this Gardiner kid related to the one @ UW?
                      Yeah he is, Max Gardiner is Jake's little brother
                      Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice

National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

My Gopher Hockey Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gophers79 View Post
                        Yeah he is, Max Gardiner is Jake's smarter, more talented, little brother
                        FYP

Comment

Wow.
                          Almost certainly its Schroeder receiving pressure from Vancouver. With 0 goals and 5 assists and no chance of playing with Barriball this season, his development probably appears in neutral to the Canucks.

Vancouver made all kinds of promises to Brett Skinner to forgo his senior season and then traded his rights a few months later. He's been stuck in the AHL ever since, bouncing from organization to organization.

Comment

According to Fiona Quick's twitter, it sounds like it is Schroeder...
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

College hockey blows. I have to find something else to latch onto, evidently.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                                Almost certainly its Schroeder receiving pressure from Vancouver. With 0 goals and 5 assists and no chance of playing with Barriball this season, his development probably appears in neutral to the Canucks.

Vancouver made all kinds of promises to Brett Skinner to forgo his senior season and then traded his rights a few months later. He's been stuck in the AHL ever since, bouncing from organization to organization.
                                I was wondering whether that might happen. It seems like other teams have felt free to take liberties with Schroeder and have really gone after him, and no one on the Gopher roster has done anything about it. If I were the Vancouver GM, I'd want him out of there and put him somewhere that he'll have teammates who will drop the gloves for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X