X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
    I agree we are too thin at D to try it now But if people get healthy I think it would be a worthwhile experiment. When will we hear on Baribal ?
    The depth at forward is larger than the depth at "D". I don't see Ness moving. Positionally he's one of the smarter defensemen the Gophers have.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The depth at forward is larger than the depth at "D". I don't see Ness moving. Positionally he's one of the smarter defensemen the Gophers have.
      It will prolly never happen. He has great hand eye coordination and his position play is good.Time will tell if he is able to move to the next level. The kid I really like and think he could end up being a great player is Budish he is thick thru his upper body and he plays with a chip to his game .

Comment

It will prolly never happen. He has great hand eye coordination and his position play is good.Time will tell if he is able to move to the next level. The kid I really like and think he could end up being a great player is Budish he is thick thru his upper body and he plays with a chip to his game .
        Budish once he gets going should be a 1st or second liner all the time and should score in bunches.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I agree we are too thin at D to try it now But if people get healthy I think it would be a worthwhile experiment. When will we hear on Baribal ?
          Jupiter just posted on GPL that he's having tests today on his knee to determine his status for the year. Out for the Badgers for sure.

Comment

Budish once he gets going should be a 1st or second liner all the time and should score in bunches.
            He is a kid you can park in front of the net and he is difficult to move. He can be downright brutal in the corners with those big shoulders Im excited to see what kind of player he turns into . I wish we had a few more like him.A guy I work with has coached hockey a long time and has had season tickets quite awhile feels that we are getting too many primadonna type players and that individually they are or were great but that collectively they struggle as a team whats your opinion ?

Comment

He is a kid you can park in front of the net and he is difficult to move. He can be downright brutal in the corners with those big shoulders Im excited to see what kind of player he turns into . I wish we had a few more like him.A guy I work with has coached hockey a long time and has had season tickets quite awhile feels that we are getting too many primadonna type players and that individually they are or were great but that collectively they struggle as a team whats your opinion ?
              I'm not sure that's the case. I think it's been more about "near misses" on players and those players are the players that stay. Take David Fischer for example. He hardly seems like a prima donna to me but he's no where near lived up to expectations. A prima donna situtation to me seems more like what Okposo pulled and guys like Okposo haven't been the norm in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not sure that's the case. I think it's been more about "near misses" on players and those players are the players that stay. Take David Fischer for example. He hardly seems like a prima donna to me but he's no where near lived up to expectations. A prima donna situtation to me seems more like what Okposo pulled and guys like Okposo haven't been the norm in my opinion.
                I agree with you on that . What we need are those players that get better and better every year and then all of the sudden that junior or senior season they breakout. Its has to be hard to always be right on how a player is going to develope at the next level. We need to have some pleasant surprises those kids that blossem at the college level

Comment

I agree with you on that . What we need are those players that get better and better every year and then all of the sudden that junior or senior season they breakout. Its has to be hard to always be right on how a player is going to develope at the next level. We need to have some pleasant surprises those kids that blossem at the college level
                  Agreed, and I think that's what hasn't happened and there is some luck involved. Tony Lucia is poised to do the impossible and wait until his senior year to become a goal scorer. I hope the it continues, although I understand in context it was just UAA.

Comment

Agreed, and I think that's what hasn't happened and there is some luck involved. Tony Lucia is poised to do the impossible and wait until his senior year to become a goal scorer. I hope the it continues, although I understand in context it was just UAA.
                    Thats who I was thinking about, I went to the game last Friday with my son who bashed Tony the whole way down in the car and then Tony goes out and plays his best game . I had a great giggle on that one My son is 25 and can be way to quick to judge and flush a season down the toilet . I say give them time its a long season full of ups and downs

Comment

Jupiter just posted on GPL that he's having tests today on his knee to determine his status for the year. Out for the Badgers for sure.
                      Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds and he can come back and play this year.

The sad thing is we haven't even played Michigan yet and a key player is possibly knocked out for the season with a knee injury.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

That sucks to hear that any kid is going to be out for the year but at least the gophers will have less diving penalties now....

Comment

I hope if Barriball is out we see Lucia moved up with Schroeder and Hoeffel for line one.
                          I would agree with this for the first line.
                          After watching the UAA/UMN Sun game, it looked like Tony turned a corner. He was possibly the best player on the ice IMO.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            I would agree with this for the first line.
                            After watching the UAA/UMN Sun game, it looked like Tony turned a corner. He was possibly the best player on the ice IMO.
                            He was on Friday too.

Comment

He was on Friday too.
                              Yeah, I would have guessed that as well with his two SHG, but I didn't watch the Fri game, so I didn't know for sure.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'll post this over here as well:

Lucia was awesome in this series. Not just the goals, but the sacrifices he was making as well. With just a few minutes left and leading 5-1 and 4-1, he was still dropping down and taking slappers to the legs/gut. I like it.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X