X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
    Injury is a real possibility on any hit.

It only takes a fraction of a second to move your head up or down. What if Leddy had his head up the whole time, and only dropped it right after the shot when the UAA player was about to make contact? I don't think you can make the hitter responsible for something the person receiving the hit can change in a split second, which is why the responsibility ultimately lies on all players to always keep their heads up.
    Injury is a possability on any hit. But it is a higher possibility with a hit to the head, thus the emphasis on such hits, as with CFB.

And WHAT IF Leddy had done a triple Lutz first? I don't know if that would have been a penalty. But in this case, Leddy didn't drop his head before the hit so your "what if" doesn't matter. It was down before the hit began and stayed down from what I recall. That is hitting a person in a vulnerable position. In the case where a person were to move his head into a check being thrown, than it shouldn't be a penalty because the player being hit wasn't in the vulnerable position at the beginning of the hit. You don't protect players by having a rule that states, because a person can move their head quickly into an elbow, hits to the head should be allowed!

Comment

http://***********/hammyhockey

New goalie recruit. Adam Wilcox from South Saint Paul. The word is it's Alex Stalock's cousin.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If he is Stalock's cousin, the Gopher students need to chant "Wilcox! Wilcox!" every time he touches the puck or comes within five feet of considering touching the puck.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          New goalie recruit. Adam Wilcox from South Saint Paul. The word is it's Alex Stalock's cousin.
          Stalock's cousin?
          If UMN had the Defense of the Ages, UMN could be just like UW then.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            If he is Stalock's cousin, the Gopher students need to chant "Wilcox! Wilcox!" every time he touches the puck or comes within five feet of considering touching the puck.
            "ISAAC! ISAAC!"

This is after Reichmuth stopped the puck behind the net on a dump in while the opposing team changed lines.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Stalock's cousin?
              If UMN had the Defense of the Ages, UMN could be just like UW then.
              LOL, yes, yes they could.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 61ache View Post
                So any time any player hits another player in the head they should be suspended right? If that were the case there would have been 2 people dressed for game 2 last weekend and Brian Schack would have been banned for life after the Boe incident last year. Common sense here people.
                JFC. He just said that it didn't warrant a suspension. It is right in the post you quoted!
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9unlpJMAVHA&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9unlpJMAVHA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Obviously not college hockey related, but just following up on the video of that unbelievably brutal hit that I posted today that occurred on Sat. Oct 31, just one day after Leddy's hit, during an OHL game between the Erie Otters VS Kitchener Rangers. Ben Fanelli was left with basically the same thing Tom Pohl had, a fractured skull, lacerations on the face and he remains in critical condition. Mike Liambas is suspended indefinitely by the OHL until further review of the video. Awesome skull at the end. Kind of appropriate...
                  Last edited by HarleyMC; 11-03-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

3 players that are MIA (no points yet) this season:

Carman
                    Hansen
                    Sachetti

Sachetti and Hansen were voted in my little survey as the two players most likely to step up and fill the void. Doesn't help that 3 of the 6 games the Gophers were held scoreless, but still, time to get moving.

Comment

Carman
                      Hansen
                      Sachetti

Sachetti and Hansen were voted in my little survey as the two players most likely to step up and fill the void. Doesn't help that 3 of the 6 games the Gophers were held scoreless, but still, time to get moving.
                      Carman has been pretty good at getting his name on the game reports regardless, though.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Carman
                        Hansen
                        Sachetti

I was one that thought Sachetti would have a breakout year and he still could the season is still early. Though zero points through 6 games is not the best way to start.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

According to a Tweet just posted by Hammy there *could* be really bad news regarding an injury to Bariball from today's practice. Hammy mentions the dreaded words "season ending" is possible. Erf.
                          Last edited by Greyeagle; 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                            What Goon said
                            See two great minds think a like.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              According to a Tweet just posted by Hammy there *could* be really bad news regarding an injury to Bariball from today's practice. Hammy mentions the dreaded words "season ending" is possible. Erf.
                              man, the bandwagon ticket scalping sector is going to take a serious hit... *sigh*
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                That's quite a blow if true...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X