X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Your own set is convinced the Gophers D was worthless last season and I'm pretty dang sure you're smart enough to have picked that up.
    You saw who you quoted right? You should know how his mind works by now...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      Yep...
      Kangas 36 games 17-11-6 2.79 GAA SV % .901
      Eidsness 41 games 24-12-4 2.56 GAA SV % .906

Eidsness > Kangas
      Another brilliant synopsis from Goonville. So your argument is head to head on SV%, Eidsness is far superior to Kangas by .005? And you're serious? Just to show you how ridiculous your argument is, the difference in SV% is a colossal 5 saves. Add to that the fact that Eidsness played 5 more games and it's clear to me that, even with the down season, Kangas is the better goalie.

No one expected the numbers to be down for both Kangas and Bachman last season. But that is often the case with collegiate goalies following a good year (i.e. JPL ). Of course, if you compare the Kangas and Eidsness freshman numbers there's very little doubt who the better goalie is. I suspect the numbers for Eidsness will also be down this season. We shall soon see, my friend.....

Alex Kangas Fr, 31 Gm, 12-10-9, 1.9830 GAA, SV% .930

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      If Kangas puts up his Freshman numbers I am willing to bet the Gophers win the WCHA if not a top 6 finish.
      Can you narrow that down for us a bit?

Comment

So the Gopher defense absolutely blows, until we start talking about the goaltenders. Got it.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          So the Gopher defense absolutely blows, until we start talking about the goaltenders. Got it.
          Right. Makes sense don't it?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            Add to that the fact that Eidsness played 5 more games and it's clear to me that, even with the down season, Kangas is the better goalie.
            At least Goon had numbers to back up his claim, you just have your opinion.

So, I'll give my opinion. Who's the better goalie? After watching just one season from Eidsness and two from Kangas, I would give the slight nod to Kangas at this point. Kangas had a dominant freshman season and then I think his confidence and "swagger" really took a hit last year, and that can be a killer for a goalie, where so much is mental. Eidsness did great for us last year as a young freshman goalie, but did tend to wander at inopportune times and had issues with rebounds. I didn't expect anything more from him though, he gave us a chance to win each night and that's all I wanted of him, especially with his age. Kangas, on the other hand, had unrealistic expectations placed on his shoulders (remember last year at this time when some fans were saying that his numbers would improve from his freshman year?), and I think the pressure got to him as the season went along. I'm excited to see how both will do this year. Eidsness with another year of experience under his belt...and then seeing which Kangas shows up. If I had to guess, I would think Kangas' numbers for this year will fall somewhere in the middle of his frosh/soph seasons.

I suspect the numbers for Eidsness will also be down this season.
            I would take this bet though. It's not like his numbers were outstanding last year, he just got the job done on most occasions. I would imagine his GAA stays similar to the 2.56 from last year, but the save % will go up from .906 IMO.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Considering the source that's the usual logic.

Comment

Goon's World

New recruits are NOT seasoned veterans. That's deep.
                Ah, but in goons world, und's unproven freshmen will propel them to number 4, but on every other team freshmen are a complete liability.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  At least Goon had numbers to back up his claim, you just have your opinion.

So, I'll give my opinion. Who's the better goalie? After watching just one season from Eidsness and two from Kangas, I would give the slight nod to Kangas at this point. Kangas had a dominant freshman season and then I think his confidence and "swagger" really took a hit last year, and that can be a killer for a goalie, where so much is mental. Eidsness did great for us last year as a young freshman goalie, but did tend to wander at inopportune times and had issues with rebounds. I didn't expect anything more from him though, he gave us a chance to win each night and that's all I wanted of him, especially with his age. Kangas, on the other hand, had unrealistic expectations placed on his shoulders (remember last year at this time when some fans were saying that his numbers would improve from his freshman year?), and I think the pressure got to him as the season went along. I'm excited to see how both will do this year. Eidsness with another year of experience under his belt...and then seeing which Kangas shows up. If I had to guess, I would think Kangas' numbers for this year will fall somewhere in the middle of his frosh/soph seasons.

I would take this bet though. It's not like his numbers were outstanding last year, he just got the job done on most occasions. I would imagine his GAA stays similar to the 2.56 from last year, but the save % will go up from .906 IMO.

with first round draft pick senior Finley gone, his number will nosedive.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    Ah, but in goons world, und's unproven freshmen will propel them to number 4, but on every other team freshmen are a complete liability.
                    Someone must have put glue from your Dad's airplane in the used gopher jock you're breathing through, you just said something accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      It's the halos!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        I would take this bet though.
                        Minus your lucky sig?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          The wonder of this years frosh class is that all (4) of them bring something that is going to be exciting to watch.

Leddy's offense and skill carrying the puck.
                          Helgeson's size, grit, and toughness.
                          Budish's power forwardness.......boy, is that going to be fun to see for a change. A power forward that likes to play in front of the net.
                          Birkholz's speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

There's no fluff or fold in this years recruits.
                          I guess I've been tuned out a bit during the off-season, I take it Nathan Condon won't be joining the program?
                          04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                          USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                          I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                          Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                          I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
                            I guess I've been tuned out a bit during the off-season, I take it Nathan Condon won't be joining the program?
                            I think he's scheduled for the 2010-11 season.

The Gophers lose almost 50 points from their line up with Ryan Stoa (24g-22a-46pts)signing a professional contract and apparently that has no bearing what so ever on the pre-season rankings? Give me a break. - Goon's World
                            75.6% of scoring returns:

F Jordon Schroeder (So), 13-32-45
                            F Jay Barriball (Sr), 11-23-34
                            D Cade Fairchild (Jr), 9-24-33
                            F Mike Hoeffel (Jr), 12-8-20
                            F Ryan Flynn (Sr), 6-13-19

All of the above look to improve and with the addition of recruits like Budish and Birkholz, the loss of Stoa's numbers will not be as significant as some naysayers may think.

Comment

I think he's scheduled for the 2010-11 season.
                              Correct. If they had had more defections my guess is Condon and perhaps Youso would have been on the short list to bring up to fill in. Condon's going to be in Fargo again this year AFAIK.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Under the NCAA bylaw “Time Limits for Athletically Related Activities,” sports programs cannot hold mandatory practices with coaches during the summer off season. Workouts can, however, be turned over to strength and conditioning coaches and team captains provided they are considered voluntary. Gopher hockey players have been meeting all summer and working hard in preparation for this coming season.

"For the most part everyone is there almost every day because guys want to get better and improve for next season,” men’s hockey captain Tony Lucia said. “If you're not in there getting better, then somebody's going to pass you, but so far we're very excited about the guys’ work ethic.”
                                “It’s all business right now", said Josh Birkholz. "We’re here at 7:30 every morning. All of us are working really hard. It’s a day-by-day thing to get stronger and improve as a team collectively, but everyone knows in the back of their mind that we have potential to win a national championship this year and every single year. It’s a matter of doing the little things right before that to get that big goal.”

Comment

Working...
                                X