This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

I have two tickets to sell at face value ($22 per ticket) for the games against the Badgers on Friday Nov 6th and Saturday Nov 7th. The Friday tickets are in section 106 (row G) and the Saturday tickets are in section 220 (row F). If you're interested in either or both games send me an email through USCHO or at Sunnybasic@msn.com. I'm willing to sell the two tickets for either or both games depending on buyer's prefence.
    I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

And the Gophers are out of the polls already.

It is obviously deserved. Crazy thing is, I still think they are ranked too high with their 106 votes, good enough for 21st.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        And the Gophers are out of the polls already.

It is obviously deserved. Crazy thing is, I still think they are ranked too high with their 106 votes, good enough for 21st.
        Shutout in 3 of the 4 games? Yeah i'd say so too, i don't care who your playing, shutout in 3 of 4 games is horrid... gotta be people calling the Lucia's head.
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Is it time to install the 1-2-2 system?
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Anybody got tickets for sale for the Gophs vs. Bemidji game on Saturday night 11/14? Looking for 2-4
            Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
            THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Let's face it. They got bit by guys leaving early again. Why does Denver have it's high scoring seniors and the Gophers is gone?

If Stoa was here things would be a lot different.
              That is a great question. Every kid leaves on their own and makes an individual decision. It would have been nice to have Stoa around another year, we sure could use the goals. I wish that we could get a group of kids that take it upon themselves to bring this program back and stay as long as it takes. Man, I hope they turn this around soon. Does anyone foresee see an expectation of a frozen four in the next couple years? We have the pre-season player of the year and it hasn't started well

Comment

Sam Warning of Cedar Rapids (USHL) commits to the Gophers for 2011
                http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4429

Cardinal posted this on GPL and Hammy's Twitter had it today.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

*GASP*

He isn't Minnesotan! Throw him back.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4429

Cardinal posted this on GPL and Hammy's Twitter had it today.
                    I really hope Sam grows more being 5 foot 8 inches is fine but this club needs kids to stay in the corner and grind it out.

*GASP*

I would like to throw the current team back.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      Is it time to install the 1-2-2 system?
                      It's called The Trap. No need to be afraid of saying it.

However, the trap is used by teams with a lack of talent or those protecting a lead. The Gophers have a ton of talent, they're just not playing well together. And consequently, you need to score to have a lead to protect...

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

*GASP*

Interesting move. Out of state tuition is more taxing on the athletic budget than what it costs to fund all the instate guys that play for the Gophers. If tDon decides to go for more non-Minnesota bred players, the budget will get stretched.

Comment

Unless he's also getting all the players hookers and blow, I would think the budget would be just fine.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by montyminny View Post
                            Interesting move. Out of state tuition is more taxing on the athletic budget than what it costs to fund all the instate guys that play for the Gophers. If tDon decides to go for more non-Minnesota bred players, the budget will get stretched.
                            I'm sure they'd pay the extra $4k a year* if they could get somebody that can score.

*Unless they're from North Dakota/South Dakota/Wisconsin/Manitoba, in which case tuition is the same as in-state.

Comment

To further put said ridiculous statement in context, Minnesota's mens hockey program net profit in 2007 (last year I could get data for) was $4.5 million. No other school made over $2 million, and only 5 other schools netted more than $750k. Again, I think they can afford it.

Comment

So I heard Dan Barreiro wondered aloud yesterday what would happen first: the Wolves landing Ricky Rubio or the Gopher hockey team scoring again.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X