X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Fairchild had the broadside of a barn to shoot at on another open netter and missed that too. COM'ON MAN!
    If we're thinking of the same play, (I can't remember if it was him for sure - feed across to the right side of the net, 7 feet out and missed?) he was handcuffed by a pass that wasn't quite on causing the miss ( I can't picture it exactly but it seems like it was almost in his feet. I just remember as soon as the puck went wide, I knew the pass was the problem.) It seemed like a lot of their passes both nights were just off enough to throw off timing for the follow up pass or shot. I expect that will improve. It seemed worse on Friday, as often seems to be the case when a team isn't skating and trying to make longer passes. But there were still signs of it on Saturday, even when they were skating better.

I didn't really like having this series this early in the season. Neither team looked as sharp as I expect they will look by mid-season when one would expect to see a better played game, with more chances generated off skill plays and less off errors and miscues.

Comment

So let me see if I got this straight...the Gophs looked rough in the first two games of the season on the road at their biggest rival and you are all surprised? The lines didnt click and the PK and PP stunk even though they had played a whole whopping 1 GAME TOGETHER previous to the trip? Yes I can see why everyone is so upset stupid gophers should have been clicking on all cylinders like it was the second half of the season and we were playing Tech!!!!11!!1! My lord the team didnt even make the NCAAs last year did you really think they were going to start off the season on fire?

Maybe my vision was clouded or my mind was mush from the ******** seating in the upperdeck at the Puke Arena but I liked what I saw a lot on Saturday and that seemed to be the consensus of the people that were there. Friday was horrible but the team rebounded and played 100% better the next night what more can you ask?

If you guys want to already concede the team is terrible that is fine but I would suggest then maybe not watching this year because I think you are going to be sorely mistaken.

BTW watching a game at the Puke Gardens Arena or whatever they call it is like watching a game at the X right down to the cheesy dance music and 80s hits and the fake "Fan o Meters"! They also have 3/4 of their fans sitting on their hands just like at Mariucci
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Christ Handy, settle down. Where are the people saying that the season is over?
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Oh please you read this thread you would think they lost in OT to Union...waaaah the pk was horrible...boohoo the PP passed liked crap...sniff sniff I am not getting back on the bandwagon yet...its two games in and people think this should be the 1980's Oilers by what they have said here! Last year the Gophers got mauled twice in the Forks and put up no fight and this year they fought back and played BETTER the second night...that puts them 2 steps ahead of last year already.

Don't be Sioux fans, 2 games in October is nothing to get your panties in a bunch about especially on the road

Christ why am I the one being positive? (I wasnt Friday night but then again it was hard to be they played like Bantams out there )

(note: In both my posts I am exaggerating for effect just so you know )
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Don't be Sioux fans, 2 games in October is nothing to get your panties in a bunch about especially on the road
            You're worse than Sioux fans. At least they wait about five games to call for Hakstol's head and they keep it on SiouxSports. After one game Gopher fans were calling for Lucia's head here, GPL and everywhere else.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Oh please you read this thread you would think they lost in OT to Union...waaaah the pk was horrible...boohoo the PP passed liked crap...sniff sniff I am not getting back on the bandwagon yet...its two games in and people think this should be the 1980's Oilers by what they have said here! Last year the Gophers got mauled twice in the Forks and put up no fight and this year they fought back and played BETTER the second night...that puts them 2 steps ahead of last year already.

Christ why am I the one being positive? (I wasnt Friday night but then again it was hard to be they played like Bantams out there )

If they had played like Sat. night all weekend I would have had no issues. Friday night threw me into a huge tailspin though. Sports psychology never ceases to amaze me.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So let me see if I got this straight...the Gophs looked rough in the first two games of the season on the road at their biggest rival and you are all surprised? The lines didnt click and the PK and PP stunk even though they had played a whole whopping 1 GAME TOGETHER previous to the trip? Yes I can see why everyone is so upset stupid gophers should have been clicking on all cylinders like it was the second half of the season and we were playing Tech!!!!11!!1! My lord the team didnt even make the NCAAs last year did you really think they were going to start off the season on fire?

Maybe my vision was clouded or my mind was mush from the ******** seating in the upperdeck at the Puke Arena but I liked what I saw a lot on Saturday and that seemed to be the consensus of the people that were there. Friday was horrible but the team rebounded and played 100% better the next night what more can you ask?

If you guys want to already concede the team is terrible that is fine but I would suggest then maybe not watching this year because I think you are going to be sorely mistaken.

BTW watching a game at the Puke Gardens Arena or whatever they call it is like watching a game at the X right down to the cheesy dance music and 80s hits and the fake "Fan o Meters"! They also have 3/4 of their fans sitting on their hands just like at Mariucci
                Just to clarify, my comments on the pk wasn't a critique of their play so much as a comment on the fact that they seemed to switch from the attacking the puck style I remembered from last year to a more stay at home style, which surprised me given the success they had on the pk last year. I realize that might also change, as the players get more comfortable.

I'll admit I was very disappointed in the lack of heart on Friday, given that the last couple years they seemed to come out firing on all cylinders at the beginning of the year. Saturday did look much improved. But by no means have I given up on the team after one weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the warning at the end. That helps. Maybe you need a support group.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/Sarcasmsupportgroup-1.jpg******

Comment

Frankly, I wasn't too excited by the Gophs performance Saturday. The Sioux just seemed as much deflated as the Gophers seemed charged. Remembering Friday's Sioux team...we're lucky to have a point.

All this understanding its very early.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

I will say it now, as we begin the 3rd period tonight.... I will be the first to say it. Time to fire Don. This is horse hockey, 0-15 on the pp. Enough said.
                      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Go you Green and White
                      Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Fight with all your might!
                      Rah! Rah! Rah!
                      We are here to cheer you
                      We are out to win your fame,
                      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

At least we're winning the face-off battle 33-17 so far.

Comment

Someone on GPL says that the Gophers match up well with UAA so the games should be better.

I guess the Gophers don't match up with Denver.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Someone on GPL says that the Gophers match up well with UAA so the games should be better.

I guess the Gophers don't match up with Denver.
                            It's ok. According to GPL, we were also supposed to lose the games against Denver because they were ranked higher, so don't be upset that we got shut out 6-0 at home both nights against a clearly superior team.

Comment

Throw in the towel. This season is over.
                              A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Well, I guess my Sunday afternoon is a bit more open now that I don't have to even bother watching back tonight's game.

While we're all not happy with the results so far this season, lets give this thing some time. It's not like we were pounded by Union and RMU or something. These are two legit national contenders in North Dakota and Denver.

Sure, it would've been nice to see the Gophers actually in the games, but it's not even November yet.

North Dakota has proved so many times that even with a rough start to the season, there is plenty of time to turn things around.
                                04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                                USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                                I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                                Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                                I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Working...
                                X