X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Positives:

Taylor Matson, buried two in transition, crashed the net for one, had occasional sustained forechecking, evidently have two pretty good goaltenders.

Negatives:

Can't hold a lead. Can't will a goal out of sustained pressure when it is desperately needed, still like to miss the net by 3' or more when shooting, and God only knows what Friday night was supposed to be about.

A long ways to go and 12 critical points coming up the next few weeks with 4 must have points against Anchorage.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      *Gopher fans clamoring to get back on the wagon*

I never *ing left.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And Sioux fans tempering their bravado.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          And Sioux fans tempering their bravado.
          Not I!
          Only the halos were spouting after yesterday's win.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Not I!
            Only the halos were spouting after yesterday's win.
            Plus me making fun of Brent! But that's fun for everyone.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Plus me making fun of Brent! But that's fun for everyone.
              That's even fun for me.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

They got one point on the road in a series in which they were heavily outshot and often times outplayed. Their powerplay is a mess, their defense is stationary much of the time, and their passing is often horse****. The only redeeming quality of this team right now is the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  They got one point on the road in a series in which they were heavily outshot and often times outplayed. Their powerplay is a mess, their defense is stationary much of the time, and their passing is often horse****. The only redeeming quality of this team right now is the goaltending.
                  Matson and Hoeffel as well, Saturday night anyways.
                  Last edited by state of hockey; 10-18-2009, 06:45 PM.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Hansen and Hoeffel as well, Saturday night anyways.
                    Matson was out to prove something. His name came up a multitude of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Matson was out to prove something. His name came up a multitude of times.
                      He was flying around the ice like a man possessed. His set up on the shortie was nice. But he let Eidsness' stick block his shot on a sure goal on an open net. You have to get that donut off the ice and make that shot 10 out of 10!! COM'ON MAN!

Fairchild had the broadside of a barn to shoot at on another open netter and missed that too. COM'ON MAN!

I saw very little "going to the net". The majority of the shots were perimeter attempts and too many were off target. That's WHEN they decided to shoot. Shot attempts were 2-1 Sioux. COM'ON MAN!
                      Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-19-2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

are you sure it isn't sue fans panicking, since a horrible team like the gophers couldn't even be beat at home?
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          are you sure it isn't sue fans panicking, since a horrible team like the gophers couldn't even be beat at home?
                          Did you repress the result of an event that happened on Friday October 16th? Cause that 'horrible'(your words) Gopher team was beaten on that day. Sorry if that reminds you.

But hell, 3 out of 4 points? Better than being swept or having a split. Not as good as a sweep though

Comment

We'll see if they figure it out. The Sioux are the ones with all the freshmen and they are way ahead, however, last year it was the Gophers with all the freshmen and it was the first part of the year that they were really good and then it fell apart. We'll see.

The thing that bothers me is time and time again the last couple of years we've had these "teachable" moments without much change occuring afterwards. We have two pretty dang good goaltenders right now, TWO. It'd be a shame to waste that.
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-18-2009, 10:06 AM.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say Matson, not Hansen. Edited.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

I am a little concerned with the pk too. That was a bright spot last year. Do I remember incorrectly in that I thought last year they played a pressure pk as opposed to forming a tight box that allows the pp team to pass around the perimeter at will?

Comment

Working...
                                X