Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got no problem with it. Kangas played well but why not?

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I've got no problem with it. Kangas played well but why not?
      After the way they lost there's no reason why not. The reason I suppose would be that Kangas was their best player, but they still lost 4-0 so that's meaningless.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci...nclick_check=1

This statement bothers me.

Senior captain Tony Lucia said the bitterness of losing in Grand Forks earlier this year resurfaced.

"We had a lot of guys talking about being tough coming into the game, so that was disappointing," he said. "It was the first game of the season, but we've got a lot of learning to do."
        Frankly leadership was terrible last night going into one of the most important weekends of the year. Lucia's quote is problematic...not for the fact that players felt this way...but for the fact that captain Lucia seemed resigned to accepting it.

- As arguably one of the heralded players in college hockey this year, Schoeder's name wasn't mentioned.

- Assistant captain Fischer, after a lackluster first being down 1-0, said something like 'maroon is cruising'.

- Coming into the third down 2-0, three Gophers were in the box...including TWO team captains.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

It's funny that people complain about a team being "soft" and "marshmallowy" and then turn around and complain when they are in the penalty box.

If you play a more physical game, you're going to be in the penalty box more. Can't have it both ways.
          University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
          National Champions 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

JMB, if we're smart physically, we won't be in the box more. We're ahead 1-0 right now, but we're still not being physical in front of our net. TIE THE GUY UP IN FRONT OF THE NET! As a former defenseman, this ****es me off the most. The Sioux players have all the time in the world to tee up and take their best shot against Patterson. Our PP is atrocious. Just horrid. Good God.

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
              It's funny that people complain about a team being "soft" and "marshmallowy" and then turn around and complain when they are in the penalty box.

If you play a more physical game, you're going to be in the penalty box more. Can't have it both ways.
              Last night was not about playing soft. It was about not showing up for the game...and last nights penalties, including two captains riding the pine in the third, was more about lazy or careless not tough hockey.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Apologies to the Sue fans...last night's game blew. First game of the year...BIG game...big turd. Echoing some of the points here, seeing a huge arse whoopin' is no fun for anyone. I'd rather see a great game from both teams and watch the magic of college hockey at it's best. Some may like those games but not me.

Glad to see we came out tonight a little better. 1-0 so far. GO GOPHS!!!
                GOPHER HOCKEY: CHAMPS 2002 & 2003!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                  JMB, if we're smart physically, we won't be in the box more. We're ahead 1-0 right now, but we're still not being physical in front of our net. TIE THE GUY UP IN FRONT OF THE NET! As a former defenseman, this ****es me off the most. The Sioux players have all the time in the world to tee up and take their best shot against Patterson. Our PP is atrocious. Just horrid. Good God.
                  You really expect a WCHA ref to understand "smart" physicality? They see a hard check and assume penalty.
                  University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
                  National Champions 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Thus far I like Mike Carman's game. Although this is a Carman type of game.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

At least there was no Siouxeep.

Comment

Good game tonight from Minnesota. It will be fun to see where both teams are when they meet up again in January. Until then, good luck
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

*Gopher fans clamoring to get back on the wagon*

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            *Gopher fans clamoring to get back on the wagon*

I'm still pretty concerned. They played better but we saw in the end the same issues that prevented them from winning games last year. That point will loom large at the end of the year.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm not clamoring to get back on the bandwagon at all. We played better tonight, but I still think the Gophers are soft and need to play a helluva lot better if we're going to even get home ice for the WCHA playoffs. We clearly can't hold leads worth a ****. I'll take a tie, but **** we coulda had a win.

Comment

Good goaltending from Patterson tonight. Shot attempts were really down this weekend. At least the Gopher offense showed some signs of life in this game, but they've got a long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X