X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Well, pretty easy to see that nothing has changed. I wanted to believe the rhetoric. I bought it hook line and sinker. I'm a fool.
    Scooby, you're not a fool you're just a fan that loves his team. But if you make every game a life-and-death thing, you're going to have problems. You'll be dead a lot.
    Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-17-2009, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I see both sides to the argument. They can say yeah it was our 1st game of the year we are going to be rusty and passes are not going to be very crisp. But on the other hand when you are playing one of your top rivals if not the top rival they should at least give some effort and I saw none after the 1st goal scored against us.

If they turn it around tonight and move there feet and give a solid effort they could come away with 2pts then all will be forgiven. (Glass half full view.)
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Two subsequent power plays produced little emotionally or offensively for Minnesota. Moreover, silent all night was its top line of Mike Hoeffel, Ryan Flynn and Jordan Schroeder, the preseason WCHA player of the year who failed to record a single shot
        http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci...nclick_check=1

This statement bothers me.

Senior captain Tony Lucia said the bitterness of losing in Grand Forks earlier this year resurfaced.

"We had a lot of guys talking about being tough coming into the game, so that was disappointing," he said. "It was the first game of the season, but we've got a lot of learning to do."
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-17-2009, 09:05 AM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTheGloves View Post
          JUST LIKE LAST YEAR !!

Flickertails Yeah Yeah!
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

You can call UND whatever you want, you're still their b^tch.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Hate to say it but I sat next to a super nice goofer fan and his father last night at the game... got to talk some good hockey and explain a few things to him about the Ralph since it was his first time there... he was unlike the *** goofer fan that was big-talking in the entrance of the Ralph before the game. I wish I would had seen him afterwords.... anyways just wanted to say thanks for the good talks to the nice gentleman and father who had to deal with a lot of Sioux cheering. I almost felt bad they didn't get to cheer a goal.....almost.
              Last edited by willythekid; 10-17-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Who knows what we will be called next year but make no mistake, the goofs got their ***** handed to them by the Fighting Sioux last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
                  Wow that was an embarrassing performance by the Golder Gophers tonight. Your goalie sucks, your captain is a joke, and I don't think I have ever seen a team care less about a game.
                  The bolded part is wrong.

Everything else I can't argue.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    The bolded part is wrong.

Everything else I can't argue.
                    Kangas was the only one who showed up... without him it would have been worse for sure

Comment

I think I remember seeing an article online about how the Gopher players stayerd on campus and worked out - very hard, I think it said, and skated together - very seriously, I think it said, and broke in the vaunted freshmen and built team chemistry - very tight, I think it said.

And then they don'y even compete with North Dakota in the very first game of the regular (remember the optimistic pasting of the Canadian team) season.

Let's just forget and ignore all the BS and big summer talk and all the hype - this is a Frozen Four team, I think I read, and just let the players show their stuff on the ice.

The only reasons I understood for why this team is rated in the Top 10 is because Leddy and Budish are amazing, Schroeder and that they are the UMTC. I can accept Schroeder, but is it not amazing how quickly the players themselves, with their gutless, heartless effort in North Dakota, shut themselves up!

Comment

How long before the "fire Lucia" rumors start up?

Comment

Patterson in, Kangas out. Not because of his play that's for sure.

Lofquist hurt, Wehrs in. That's a severe downgrade in the toughness category. Not that a matters, a marshmallow is always a marshmallow.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Patterson in, Kangas out. Not because of his play that's for sure.
                            That's smart. Bench the one guy who actually played last night.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

They are probably just experimenting to see if the guys play better in front of Patterson. They probably can't play worse.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                They are probably just experimenting to see if the guys play better in front of Patterson. They probably can't play worse.
                                Probably?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X