X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Nice on the Titus!

Due to employment, my current bikes are all from the manufacturer in WI...Madone 6.9 road bike, Madone 6.5 Sioux road bike (stays at work to ride on lunch rides), Trek 8500 hardtail, Trek XO-1 cross, and a Trek 970 steel that I have built up as a SS.

I'm thinking about selling the 8500 and trying out the Top Fuel dual suspension...
    Dude...you are sick. And well equipped. Do you work for Trek? I say that the dual-boinger would be a must. Did you do a custom Sioux paint job on the 6.5?
    GOPHER HOCKEY: CHAMPS 2002 & 2003!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mo-Tay View Post
      Dude...you are sick. And well equipped. Do you work for Trek? I say that the dual-boinger would be a must. Did you do a custom Sioux paint job on the 6.5?
      Yeah, I've worked at Trek for over 4 years now. Good times, the lunch rides keep you in shape...lots of fast guys.

If I can manage to sell the 8500 this winter, I'll be getting the dualie.

Yeah, the painters here are pretty cool and have time to do side projects when the winter hits. I posted some pics in the cycling thread here last year.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I posted some pics in the cycling thread here last year.
        That is the best pictorial metaphor I've seen for your crappy hockey team. No wheels.

Comment

Someone here is slacking (probably me ), I'm surprised a link to this article about Nick Bjugstad from the Strib hasn't been posted.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Bjugstad rules. He is a lot of fun to watch, especially when he is decimating Crapids.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Bjugstad rules. He is a lot of fun to watch, especially when he is decimating Crapids.

He should be fun to watch playing for the Maroon and Gold.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                Clearly, if Dirty is involved, the data must be flawed. By the way, where is the best place to go on the net for the latest UND arrest reports?
                I might get called a traitor for this but I have enjoyed using this search engine and I think it's what you are looking for. I expect a thank you.

http://www.ndcourts.gov/publicsearch/contactsearch.aspx
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Game article and notes for this weeks UND series.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204813377
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, any predictions as to who steps up this year and becomes the missing goal scoring threat that the team needs?

Candidates:
                    Jake Hansen
                    Patrick White
                    Nico Sachetti
                    Zach Budish

Other?

My pick is Hansen.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm just a lowly Sioux fan, but from what I saw at the end of last year, I would pick Sachetti from that list.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm just a lowly Sioux fan, but from what I saw at the end of last year, I would pick Sachetti from that list.
                        Your good people brian. Your opinion is welcome here.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          So, any predictions as to who steps up this year and becomes the missing goal scoring threat that the team needs?

Candidates:
                          Jake Hansen
                          Patrick White
                          Nico Sachetti
                          Zach Budish

Other?

My pick is Hansen.
                          From that list I would say Sachetti IMO. He seemed to be more involved in the games at the end of the year from what I remember anyway. It would be nice if White decided to get involved a little more this year.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

You're not all bad.

Sachetti was a kid that I thought early last year would be a solid contributor eventually and I think with more playing time and confidence that will happen. I saw glimpes of strong puck handling and the way he moved his feet coming from the boards and the corners. He may not be a flashy scorer/sniper 5 on 5 but he will draw attention from the defense and his ability to carry the puck will create open looks to feed his linemates. This should also make him dangerous on the PP.

I agree with Scoobs that Hansen will be a key component to fill in the loss of Stoa.
                            Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-15-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Candidates:
                              Jake Hansen
                              Patrick White
                              Nico Sachetti
                              Zach Budish

Other?

My pick is Hansen.
                              I'm assuming you mean other than the obvious (Hoeffel)... I'd say that all 4 of these players will "step up" and contribute. I think Sachetti will be really solid, but maybe as more of a set-up guy. I envision Budish and Hansen scoring the most out of these four players.
                              Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice

National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

My Gopher Hockey Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Your good people brian. Your opinion is welcome here.
                                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                You're not all bad.
                                Must resist urge to be nice to Gopher fans the day before Sioux/Gopher series begins...

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X