X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

A bit of a stretch to assume line chemistry will be improved simply because a player says the team is close-knit, don't you think?
    Come on Brian, you've got to be bored to ask a question like that. I've played on teams that were close knit and some that weren't. Being close knit always increases the chance of good line chemistry. A great deal of line chemistry is psychological.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I am home from work early and eagerly waiting to see how much you can bend Harley out of shape.
    You live an exciting life my friend.

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    On that note, I thought Tony Lucia was fantastic in the exhibition. Obviously you can't read too much into a single game, let alone the very first of the year that doesn't count for anything and is against a sub-standard opponent. None-the-less, Lucia was the best player on the ice on Saturday IMO. He made a couple plays that last year I would have said he was simply incapable of.
    I really think Tony is going to step up this season. I'm predicting this to be his best season as a Gopher. BTW I wouldn't be surprised if he and/or Schack drops the gloves in GF.
    Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-07-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Not really. I'm ticked at work, so just wasting time here.
      How about you?

Really, if any of us had better things to do, we wouldn't spend so much time on here.
      You should be on your bike BrianVF! How did your season go? I will be in Detroit Lakes doing a little road riding this weekend.

Can't believe hockey starts next week at Mariucci West. GO GOPHS!!!
      GOPHER HOCKEY: CHAMPS 2002 & 2003!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        Come on Brian, you've got to be bored to ask a question like that.
        Or just rational.

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if he and/or Schack drops the gloves in GF.
        The only way that happens is if Lucia "pulls a Gwoz" and walks out onto the ice so that Schack/T Lucia have someone to hide behind.

Originally posted by Mo-Tay View Post
        You should be on your bike BrianVF! How did your season go? I will be in Detroit Lakes doing a little road riding this weekend.
        Every lunch break I'm on my bike.
        Season went well, my favorite season is just starting though with cyclocross racing. It goes until the end of November.
        Do any mtb racing this year? Have fun in DL!
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The only way that happens is if Lucia "pulls a Gwoz" and walks out onto the ice so that Schack/T Lucia have someone to hide behind.
          Two words...."Dirty Lite?"

Every lunch break I'm on my bike.
          Brian, can I make a suggestion? If you're gonna ride...get a REAL bike. IMO Asian accessories are a must.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/HarleyMCJan.jpg******

Comment

• Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            Still confused about history I see.

Comment

With all the hype this summer, I wonder if the Sioux boosters will be raffling off a used Toro during the first intermission for the "lawnmower tossing". Back in the day, Sioux fans used to throw and break booze bottles after a loss. It's good to see they've cleaned things up a bit.

Comment

Two words...."Dirty Lite?"

Brian, can I make a suggestion? If you're gonna ride...get a REAL bike.
                Dirty Lite doesn't bother me. Dirty is the most respected poster on the board, I could only hope to emulate him.

Real bike? Let's see, right now I own 5 bicycles and 2 motorcycles. Which one doesn't classify as a real bike?

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Still confused about history I see.
                Not confused at all. Crystal clear.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Dirty Lite doesn't bother me. Dirty is the most respected poster on the board, I could only hope to emulate him.
                  Ah..ha. You fooled me once with your dry humor but not this time. Sioux fans.

Real bike? Let's see, right now I own 5 bicycles and 2 motorcycles. Which one doesn't classify as a real bike?
                  Mopeds don't count. Those are lawnmowers or farting cockroaches, whatever.

Comment

Ah..ha. You fooled me once with your dry humor but not this time.

Mopeds don't count.
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...ahhh...huh huh.

I don't own a moped, unlike 90% of the UW campus.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Come on Brian, you've got to be bored to ask a question like that. I've played on teams that were close knit and some that weren't. Being close knit always increases the chance of good line chemistry. A great deal of line chemistry is psychological.
                      He didn't say that team chemistry isn't important, he just said you can't know the team will have chemistry because a player says so. What is a player gonna say? "Well, we've got a lot of talent, but we can't stand each other..."?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                        Now, if you do get along off the ice like Fairchild says, then you are probably more willing to stick it out until you learn to feed off of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          He didn't say that team chemistry isn't important, he just said you can't know the team will have chemistry because a player says so. What is a player gonna say? "Well, we've got a lot of talent, but we can't stand each other..."?
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          All I heard was, "Blah, blah, blah... I'm a dirty whore."
                          I've noticed you hear what you want to hear. Go back and read my post again. Does THIS help?:

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/larson_what_dogs_hear.jpg******

Comment

Harley,

I dont post on here very often, as I enjoy just reading the never ending useless rants. You sir have kept me entertained for the last few pages on your "defense of the ages" talk. let it go! Anyway, about Lucia fighting. He had his chance last year at the Ralph. If i remember correctly, along with the video, he broke the "code". He agreed to fight, then when our D-Man Jones lined up across form him at the face-off he ran! or should I say scurried off. barriball was the best! I loved seeing him get all tough, puff out his little chest when the ref was between him and the UND player, great stuff. I laughed the hardest when he ripped off his shirt! All with a ref to protect him. i hope the Gophers try that crap again....so funny! BTW hextall is back again. I wonder if your grand TDon is gonna tell his guys to go after him again. That was really effective.

Prediction: Like the last few years, the Gopher season will go down the toilet after they get spanked by the Sioux. The only bad part is that it will be a lot earlier this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DropTheGloves View Post
                              If i remember correctly, along with the video, he broke the "code". He agreed to fight, then when our D-Man Jones lined up across form him at the face-off he ran!
                              Just because Jones is a lunatic doesn't mean Lucia agreed to a fight, but I suppose you were on the ice during their conversation?

I forgot to add:
                              "Here's your halo"
                              Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-09-2009, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Just because Jones is a lunatic doesn't mean Lucia agreed to a fight, but I suppose you were on the ice during their conversation?

I forgot to add:
                                "Here's your halo"

Slap, you should know that no earthly rodent fan, no matter how infinite their arrogance, can bestow the heavenly holographic headgear.

Comment

Working...
                                X