X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    What happens come playoff time.... you guys sit back and watch the other teams that made the playoffs?
    Yeah no team that ever rotates goalies wins the title or makes the NCAAs...those teams from Denver and Minnesota earlier this decade never played more than 1 goalie, UND sure has never done that in any year they have been in the playoffs, Sconnie never played multiple goalies, SCSU never did in their NCAA tourny years...

Quit sniffing glue son it rots your already taxed out brain
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I think you are underestimating how much Lucia plans to play Patterson. I think it is more likely that Lucia will rotate regularly than having Kent just play BS games. Kangas is going to need plenty of days off if last year is any indication...he should play in 60-70% of the regular season games, no more.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      For regular season I'm willing to bet it's closer to 50. I bet Lucia is just going to go with a set Friday/Saturday rotation all year and see who's rolling come playoff time.
      I could be underestimating, quite easily. I can agree with that.

I could see 75/25, and assuming that Kangas doesn't melt down, I'd be wary of a 50/50 split.

I could see Patterson starting a game or two during a 3-4 week stretch against top teams, and then against schools like MTU, UAA, MSU-M, etc. And I would expect more of a split towards the end of the season.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        I wish they had a couple more games before jumping into WCHA play...... strange that there are no games this weekend.
        I don't like the schedule either, they could really use another game. It's basically the same as last year except they have an additional break this weekend. I was doing some checking and this type of schedule with one exhibition before the regular season only started last year (budget cuts??). Compare it to 2006-07 start when they had 5 NCs and 1 Exhibition, the most this decade to start before jumping into the regular season. Last year they proved it's not a huge factor as they went unbeaten in their first 11 games.

Comment

Without checking the schedule, my guess is there's no series in UAA this season, so MN has two fewer non conference games - otherwise, they'd probably have a pair of them this weekend before traveling to Grand Forks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            Without checking the schedule, my guess is there's no series in UAA this season, so MN has two fewer non conference games - otherwise, they'd probably have a pair of them this weekend before traveling to Grand Forks.
            Jan. 29-30 @ UAA.

Comment

Sounds like line chemistry may come a lot easier this year. That's something I think really hurt the 2-4 lines last year.

“The team this year is the most close-knit team that I have been a part of. It is a fun atmosphere. Everyone is on the same page. We have a big-time experience factor this year, which is really nice...And at the same time, 18 of 22 guys have that bitter feeling from last year. So everybody is chomping at the bit to get going.” - Cade Fairchild

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                Sounds like line chemistry may come a lot easier this year. That's something I think really hurt the 2-4 lines last year.
                Fairchild will be huge this year. Lots of senior leadership on this team, seniors that matter will make a huge difference. If they carry the tone it's going to be fun.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Fairchild will be huge this year. Lots of senior leadership on this team, seniors that matter will make a huge difference. If they carry the tone it's going to be fun.
                  On that note, I thought Tony Lucia was fantastic in the exhibition. Obviously you can't read too much into a single game, let alone the very first of the year that doesn't count for anything and is against a sub-standard opponent. None-the-less, Lucia was the best player on the ice on Saturday IMO. He made a couple plays that last year I would have said he was simply incapable of.

Comment

Jordan Schroeder named to ALL CHN Preseason First Team.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...06_2009-10.php

Barriball and Cepis are considered "Players to Watch".
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      Sounds like line chemistry may come a lot easier this year.

A bit of a stretch to assume line chemistry will be improved simply because a player says the team is close-knit, don't you think?
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        A bit of a stretch to assume line chemistry will be improved simply because a player says the team is close-knit, don't you think?
                        You really have nothing better to do, do you?
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          You really have nothing better to do, do you?
                          Not really. I'm ticked at work, so just wasting time here.
                          How about you?

Really, if any of us had better things to do, we wouldn't spend so much time on here.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            Not really. I'm ticked at work, so just wasting time here.
                            How about you?

Really, if any of us had better things to do, we wouldn't spend so much time on here.
                            I am home from work early and eagerly waiting to see how much you can bend Harley out of shape.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I am home from work early and eagerly waiting to see how much you can bend Harley out of shape.
                              I tend to agree with him though. Just because you are buddies off the ice, doesn't mean you are going to have the ebb and flow with each other on the ice. Now, if you do get along off the ice like Fairchild says, then you are probably more willing to stick it out until you learn to feed off of each other.
                              Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

I hear he is quite bendy...
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X