X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I wouldn't normally put this out there (generally frown on hearsay, depending on the person putting it forth), but I've known the family friend for about 20 years, and I trust him completely and he is not one to exaggerate or add fuel to any fire.
    Just playin' dude. In retrospect, I'm sure tDon won't be goin' that route again this season. I totally agree with you on Kangas for key games. He still da Khan man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      a family friend had lunch with Sonmor in the past couple of weeks, and Sonmor said that tDon himself admitted that Patterson should have seen more time last year. Basically, "I stuck with Kangas too long." was the quote given to me. (no details on what games, however)

I'm thinking the exhibition/holiday tourneys, but maybe that's just me?
      If your friend is a good source, it sounds to me that Patterson will see more than just exhibition/holiday tourney games.

Comment

Exhibition win articles.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204807365

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wish they had a couple more games before jumping into WCHA play...... strange that there are no games this weekend.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            I wish they had a couple more games before jumping into WCHA play...... strange that there are no games this weekend.

It was only British Columbia, but the defense was very good and Helgeson looks like the real deal. Hopefully they'll have some good practices and can put a beat down on the no names in a week and a half.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I know you guys and the site hates this sort of post, but here goes:

a family friend had lunch with Sonmor in the past couple of weeks, and Sonmor said that tDon himself admitted that Patterson should have seen more time last year. Basically, "I stuck with Kangas too long." was the quote given to me. (no details on what games, however)

I'm thinking the exhibition/holiday tourneys, but maybe that's just me?

Anywhichway, the more ice time doesn't surprise me, but given the previous MO's of Gophers hockey, I'd say BS games, look for Patterson, and key games, write down Kangas Khan in stone.
              I think you are underestimating how much Lucia plans to play Patterson. I think it is more likely that Lucia will rotate regularly than having Kent just play BS games. Kangas is going to need plenty of days off if last year is any indication...he should play in 60-70% of the regular season games, no more.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I think you are underestimating how much Lucia plans to play Patterson. I think it is more likely that Lucia will rotate regularly than having Kent just play BS games. Kangas is going to need plenty of days off if last year is any indication...he should play in 60-70% of the regular season games, no more.
                For regular season I'm willing to bet it's closer to 50. I bet Lucia is just going to go with a set Friday/Saturday rotation all year and see who's rolling come playoff time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  For regular season I'm willing to bet it's closer to 50. I bet Lucia is just going to go with a set Friday/Saturday rotation all year and see who's rolling come playoff time.
                  What happens come playoff time.... you guys sit back and watch the other teams that made the playoffs?

Comment

This is what I was thinking as well and we will soon find out. If Patterson gets a start against the susies I would think he would continue with a rotation of some kind unless he has a complete meltdown up there.
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      What happens come playoff time.... you guys sit back and watch the other teams that made the playoffs?
                      That would be hard to do since all the teams in the WCHA make the playoffs. Nice try though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        He wasn't even on the bench.
                        He was in the stands though. Didn't look too under the weather (Kangas).

Comment

Wow, we got a real genius here.

Comment

[QUOTE=ScoobyDoo;4391160]Wow, we got a real genius here.[/
                            you goofer fans are mean I meant the NCAAs but you already knew that..
                            Last edited by willythekid; 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Do your parents blame themselves or the paint chips?
                              Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-05-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I want to believe that (I think he needs to do that) but with our early schedule that may be tough. UND, Denver and Sconnie are 3 of the first 4 opponents I could see Lucia being a bit gunshy to give Kent starts there. (I hope he does but I wont blame him if he doesnt unless Kangas bombs)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X