X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    By the way, where is the best place to go on the net for the latest UND arrest reports?
    I usually go here for the most up-to-date reports.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
      Leave Harley alone can't you see he's got enough to do with his heavy sophomore social science load. He doesn't have time to educate all of us on philosophy, logic, stats for the sociologist, AND college hockey
      Hey Was!, I was wondering when you'd get a bundle in your grundle and visit your real home thread again.

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      I do think so.
      I was joking...poking fun at INCH (thus the ). No need to get wound up. :
      I'll have to try harder not to take any of your dumb, humorless posts seriously next time (thus the ) . Straighten out Minnesota "Falling" Star too because he apparently didn't comprehend your attempt at humor either.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to do anything to prove an opinion on a message board.
      It depends on the content of your opinion. If you make a generalized critical statement about a high profile individual or organization, most people want an explanation. Except for Sioux fans.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        I'll have to try harder not to take any of your dumb, humorless posts seriously next time .
        You've been posting here since May 08 and are just realizing this now about my posts?

It depends on the content of your opinion.
        Nope, no explanation needed, especially when talking about INCH.
        Even INCH realizes that it is the stepchild of the college hockey websites.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

You've been posting here since May 08 and are just realizing this now about my posts?
          I'm slowly catching on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Authentic.....don't forget Authentic.

When Eaves called my son hung up on him.
            He's now a Jr (he's young for his school class & was old for his his hockey age designation) in HS and no longer playing hockey - he was a solid B player but his HS team is a really good so he decided to Nordic Ski during the winter. Your boys still playing?
            My oldest son, who is a real hockey nut, gave up the sport for the good of the family. His little sister has developemental/learning/physical issues and his younger brother has ADHD, so all the extra time my wife and I have is dedicated to the 2 younger siblings. We don't live in the same town the rink is at/his teamates live in, so time was a big issue for us. Once he goes to high school next year he'd be out of hockey anyway because he's going to a Lutheran High School 40 miles from the town where the rink is. He does other actvities besides hockey that are here in town, so it isn't like he's not doing other fun athletic stuff, just not hockey. But he and I both really his the rink and the youth games a lot. But his sister is coming along pretty good all things considered.

Younger ADHD son was removed from hockey to focus on school. He doesn't really miss hockey. He is very athletically gifted, I always wonder how far he could have gone in hockey. He too is making gains, but it's been an uphill climb. This ADHD thing is a tough nut to crack and keep cracked.

Best wishes to the Greyeagle family from the Timothy A family.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Gophers 6 vs. UBC 1

Patterson in nets for the first two periods. Kremer for the third. No Kangas.

Helgeson is very tall. Still needs to fill out a little, but man that is one tall kid. Scoring by committee seems to be the word of the day. Hoeffel, Barriball, Lucia, Leddy, Sachetti, and Fairchild all netting a goal a piece. Leddy showing some of his offensive smarts cheating up on a PP to net it on a cross net pass to the open side.

The only one of the freshmen I didn't notice much was Budish. Not sure why to be honest. Flynn was a beast all over the ice. One thing I noticed was neither Wehrs nor Miller were playing but Schack was out there.

Looked better defensively. Didn't get pushed around. Just one bad turnover in the neutral zone caused the one goal against. Over all I was pretty pleased. I didn't see anything that caused me concern.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                My oldest son, who is a real hockey nut, gave up the sport for the good of the family. His little sister has developemental/learning/physical issues and his younger brother has ADHD, so all the extra time my wife and I have is dedicated to the 2 younger siblings. We don't live in the same town the rink is at/his teamates live in, so time was a big issue for us. Once he goes to high school next year he'd be out of hockey anyway because he's going to a Lutheran High School 40 miles from the town where the rink is. He does other actvities besides hockey that are here in town, so it isn't like he's not doing other fun athletic stuff, just not hockey. But he and I both really his the rink and the youth games a lot. But his sister is coming along pretty good all things considered.

Younger ADHD son was removed from hockey to focus on school. He doesn't really miss hockey. He is very athletically gifted, I always wonder how far he could have gone in hockey. He too is making gains, but it's been an uphill climb. This ADHD thing is a tough nut to crack and keep cracked.

Best wishes to the Greyeagle family from the Timothy A family.
                He must be a tremendous kid, the apple doesn't fall far, eh? Glad they are all doing well. My kids are in local Catholic schools soI fully understand the financial hit, but it's easily the best money we've ever invested. Better let this roll back to hockey, I will start hating you again later this season.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Patterson in nets for the first two periods. Kremer for the third. No Kangas.
                  I read in another report on Media Day that tDon indicated Patterson may see more ice time this season. Surprised Kangas didn't get a look though.

Comment

I read in another report on Media Day that tDon indicated Patterson may see more ice time this season. Surprised Kangas didn't get a look though.
                    Well, Patterson is a fourth rounder and Kangas is a fifth. Not that it means a dang thing, of course. Especially with goalies.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Kangas doesn't really need a "warm-up" against a crappy Canadian team. He's that good.

Comment

Kangas doesn't really need a "warm-up" against a crappy Canadian team. He's that good.
                        it's a little weird you die hard gopher fans didn't know that kangas had the flu. i read it on a link from college hockey news website before the game. so that's the real reason why he didn't play.

i don't even like the gophers and i knew that.

you guys are slacking!

Comment

I found the report in the Daily blog

Kent Patterson, and not Alex Kangas, is the starter at goalie. Kangas is reported out with the flu.
                          He wasn't even on the bench.

I like the D combination of Helgeson/Fairchild. Total SOG in the third, Gophers 24-2 for a total of 44-11. I didn't see the game but it sounded like the Schack attack was in high gear again.

Lineup:

Hoeffel-Schroeder-Barriball
                          Flynn-Carmen-White
                          Lucia-Sacchetti-Birkholz
                          Hansen-Matson-Budish

Helgeson/Fairchild
                          Leddy/Fischer
                          Ness/Lofquist

Comment

I know you guys and the site hates this sort of post, but here goes:

a family friend had lunch with Sonmor in the past couple of weeks, and Sonmor said that tDon himself admitted that Patterson should have seen more time last year. Basically, "I stuck with Kangas too long." was the quote given to me. (no details on what games, however)

I'm thinking the exhibition/holiday tourneys, but maybe that's just me?

Anywhichway, the more ice time doesn't surprise me, but given the previous MO's of Gophers hockey, I'd say BS games, look for Patterson, and key games, write down Kangas Khan in stone.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I know you guys and the site hates this sort of post, but here goes:

a family friend had lunch with Sonmor in the past couple of weeks, and Sonmor said that tDon himself admitted that Patterson should have seen more time last year. Basically, "I stuck with Kangas too long." was the quote given to me. (no details on what games, however)

I'm thinking the exhibition/holiday tourneys, but maybe that's just me?

Anywhichway, the more ice time doesn't surprise me, but given the previous MO's of Gophers hockey, I'd say BS games, look for Patterson, and key games, write down Kangas Khan in stone.
                              A friend of my great uncle's cousin who wears a hearing aid saw Sonmor standing in line at McDonalds and...... IMHO, I agree with that for last year. This season if Kangas doesn't rebound with consistently good stuff, I don't think tDon will hesitate to put Patterson in.

Comment

A friend of my great uncle's cousin who wears a hearing aid saw Sonmor standing in line at McDonalds and...... IMHO, I agree with that for last year. This season if Kangas doesn't rebound with consistently good stuff, I don't think tDon will hesitate to put Patterson in.
                                I wouldn't normally put this out there (generally frown on hearsay, depending on the person putting it forth), but I've known the family friend for about 20 years, and I trust him completely and he is not one to exaggerate or add fuel to any fire.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X