X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    I'm pretty sure that one went right over your head.
    I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is you believe INCH is an unreliable source of information ("check the source"). If so, "Begging the question" (Petitio Principii) means I am supposed to accept that premise without sufficient proof of it's validity. Personally I would hesitate to make a statement like that unless I had strong psychometric data to substantiate it. Do you have that?
    Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-03-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Ugh
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm sure brian conducted a seven year scientific study on INCH and will be happy to share everything he learned.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          I'm sure brian conducted a seven year scientific study on INCH and will be happy to share everything he learned.
          That would be great, show me the stuff and I'll accept the premise. Otherwise it's best to not make comments you can't prove.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            That would be great, show me the stuff and I'll accept the premise. Otherwise it's best to not make comments you can't prove.
            Do you have any facts to back that up? Where's your proof of it's validity?
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Do you have any facts to back that up? Where's your proof of it's validity?
              I'm not questioning it.

Comment

I'm not questioning it.
                So you can't prove your comment "Otherwise it's best to not make comments you can't prove."?
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So you can't prove your comment "Otherwise it's best to not make comments you can't prove."?
                  I trust the integrity of the data based upon the reputation of the individuals (editors, writers, media and coaches) who participate in a hockey website that has national exposure.

The point is the burden of proof is on the one who questions the data and the statistical instruments used. If so, you have to produce the data to refute it. Then you can prove INCH is a unreliable source.
                  Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-03-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for not answering my question.
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Thanks for not answering my question.
                      Proof based upon the reputation of the participants is a valid argument. Brian has to prove their reputation to produce reliable data is flawed. The burden of proof is always on the one who questions the data.

Comment

Leave Harley alone can't you see he's got enough to do with his heavy sophomore social science load. He doesn't have time to educate all of us on philosophy, logic, stats for the sociologist, AND college hockey

Comment

Gopher fans should love this if they haven't seen it already....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,193765

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that one went right over your head.
                            Are you surprised?

They're associated with ESPN...what more proof do you need?
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is you believe INCH is an unreliable source of information ("check the source").
                              I do think so.
                              I was joking...poking fun at INCH (thus the ). No need to get wound up.

But yes, I did do this.

Brian has to prove their reputation to produce reliable data is flawed.
                              I'm pretty sure I don't have to do anything to prove an opinion on a message board.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Clearly, if Dirty is involved, the data must be flawed. By the way, where is the best place to go on the net for the latest UND arrest reports?
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X