X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Not that I would disagree with any of their choices since it is just the preseason, but remember to check the source.
    Right. INCH is too blind to see the "Defense for the Ages".
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      No I said if you have a DEFENSE FOR THE AGES!!111!! like you attest you can win the league with shaky goaltending.
      I don't think Wisconsin will have a good year if their goaltending is shaky. As competitive as the WCHA will be, I don't think anyone will have a top 3 finish with shaky goaltending. And while I think UW has a good blueline, they need a few more Roes, Rahkshanis and Schroeders to finish that high with poor goaltending.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I don't think Wisconsin will have a good year if their goaltending is shaky. As competitive as the WCHA will be, I don't think anyone will have a top 3 finish with shaky goaltending. And while I think UW has a good blueline, they need a few more Roes, Rahkshanis and Schroeders to finish that high with poor goaltending.
        All I heard was, "Blah..Blah...Blah....Euro is a dirty whore."
        Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-02-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          All I heard was, "Blah..Blah...Blah....Euro is a dirty whore."
          Uh oh... who told you?!?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            Not that I would disagree with any of their choices since it is just the preseason, but remember to check the source.
            Let me guess...you're also going to tell us the contributing editors, writers, media and coaches....are....are flawed?

Comment

*****http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/p/popcorn-eating-emoticon.gif******

While we sure know what the "A" stands for in Timothy A, this has been quite entertaining. Thanks Harley and Euro!
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Ski yo momma!
              Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
              Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Doesn't this belong in the "Drunk Cheesehead Of The Day" thread?
                Ah-hem, you're the guy with the word "gibberish" underneath your name.....not me. And I don't drink. I'm this talented naturally.

On a personal note:

How is your son who would be about an 8th grader doing in hockey these days? I remember years ago you boasted your son the forward would embarrass my son the goalie, and they were squirts at the time. Has Eaves contacted him yet about signing up with the BADgers?

Now back to your regularly scheduled badger bashing......

Personally, I'd rather red than urine. Yes, they are both liquids in the body, but blood spreads nutrients and oxigen throughout the body, while urine is the product of one of the body's trash collectors. You have to admit, those uni's the rodent wore against Air Force early this year were pretty hideous.

And on another football note....I hope UW keeps the axe tomorrow and firmly plants it in Goldy' forehead.

Let's go RED!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Let me guess...you're also going to tell us the contributing editors, writers, media and coaches....are....are flawed?
                  What part of "not that I would disagree with any of their choices" didn't you read? He's saying INCH is a bad source. Even ESPN gets it right every once in a while...

Wisconsin is better defensively then Minnesota...Minnesota is better offensively then Wisconsin. And I'm neutral...I hate both.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Ah-hem, you're the guy with the word "gibberish" underneath your name.....not me. And I don't drink. I'm this talented naturally.
                    Authentic.....don't forget Authentic.

On a personal note:

How is your son who would be about an 8th grader doing in hockey these days? I remember years ago you boasted your son the forward would embarrass my son the goalie, and they were squirts at the time. Has Eaves contacted him yet about signing up with the BADgers?
                    When Eaves called my son hung up on him.
                    He's now a Jr (he's young for his school class & was old for his his hockey age designation) in HS and no longer playing hockey - he was a solid B player but his HS team is a really good so he decided to Nordic Ski during the winter. Your boys still playing?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Umm, no.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        What do they know? 4 of 6 Rookies from WCHA and not one from the annual number 1 freshman class in the country.
                        I didn't know Michigan was in the WCHA.

INCH 2009-10 Preseason All-America Teams

Jordan Schroeder - 1st Team
                        Cade Fairchild - 2nd Team
                        Nick Leddy - Rookie Team

Oddly enough, not one Wisconsin "Defense for the Ages" player is mentioned. It's all flawed.

I'm always amazed every year with the national media bias in favor of the rodents. They are picked 4th in the WCHA but 6th in the country ahead of the 2nd and 3rd place teams in their own league. I guess tDon mails out a lot of those urine and marooon colored glasses to all the beat writers in the enitre country every year.
                        Would like a glass of your favoirte fruity fu fu whine with that cheese?
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          What part of "not that I would disagree with any of their choices" didn't you read? He's saying INCH is a bad source. Even ESPN gets it right every once in a while...
                          So INCH is a "good source" in this particular case because a Sioux fan agrees with it. But if a Sioux fan disagrees with INCH it's a "bad source". Got it. "Begging the question" is a classy Sioux fan kinda thing.

Media Day - Summary of some of Don Lucia's comments on the Gophers this season:

1) Scoring by committee: "I think at times last year our team was too top heavy with one line for scoring. 2009's team is a team by committee where we'd like to have 5 players score 5 more goals instead of one player scoring 25 goals. Offensively Jordan (Schroeder) and Jay (Barriball) are going to lead the way for us, but we need other guys to step up. We don't need guys to go from seven or eight goals to 20, but have those guys go from seven or eight goals to a dozen."

2) More aggressive defense: "We need our five returning defensemen to take that next step. At times we were a little vulnerable in front of our own net and got overpowered, but we have had a good year in the weight room and some of that has been remedied. I also think that our compete level on a nightly basis has to be better, and that is something we as coaches are going to work on right from day one. At times, we are going to have to be a more difficult team to play against. The game of hockey is speed and skill, but a lot of times those puck battles are going to be what wins you the game."

3) Senior leadership: "We like some of the kids we got in as freshmen, as always, but we have six seniors and I feel very strongly that as our seniors play this year our team's going to go. I feel that if our seniors have a great year, our team will have a great year."

4) Consistent goaltending: "As we go in we need to have that consistent goaltending from start to finish, and I think that is going to be imperative."

5) Priority on line chemistry: "Some people asked who Jordan (Schroeder) is going to play with without Stoa there and we don't know right now, but we are going to rotate some guys and see who looks like they have the best chemistry. We don't have to have our first line in the first week of the season we have to find out who has the best chemistry and talk to the guys and see who they feel they have good chemistry with. It doesn't have to be which three players are the best, it's which three players are going to play well together."

Comment

So INCH is a "good source" in this particular case because a Sioux fan agrees with it. But if a Sioux fan disagrees with INCH it's a "bad source". Got it. "Begging the question" is a classy Sioux fan kinda thing.
                            I'm pretty sure that one went right over your head.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I was glancing through this thread and haven't been following the Golden Gopher freshmen. Now you guys have got me even more excited for Sunday's game. I'll be in section 7 row 10 as usual!

jorgie

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                I didn't know Michigan was in the WCHA.
                                Maybe it wasn't that clearly spelled out. I was saying INCH couldn't know anything when they choose 4 of 6 freshman of the year from the WCHA, and further proof they don't know anything is that none of the 6 are from MICH. I figured they should just automatically list all the Michigan freshman. Then, if there are less than 6 freshman at Mich that year, choose from the rest of the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X