X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men's College Hockey Poll has the Gophers in 6th and 2nd in the WCHA behind Denver.
    But the WCHA coaches poll has them down in 4th.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/135211/

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
      But the WCHA coaches poll has them down in 4th.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/135211/
      UND is too high. It even surprised Hakstol. And rightly so IMO, UND has a lot of question marks. They lost 9 seniors, have the largest freshman class and the smallest senior class. I'd put Wisconsin and the Gophers dead even on defense and special teams with a slight edge for the Gophers on offense and goal tending.

The predictive validity for the WCHA poll has been quite low and unreliable in recent years (25%/8 yrs). The norms on the USA Today Poll are larger and it makes more sense to me as to where teams are right now. The Poles don't matter much anyway.

39th annual Grand Forks Herald WCHA Coaches Poll:

1. Denver (8) 80
      2. UND (2) 70
      3. Wisconsin 61
      4. Minnesota 58
      5. St. Cloud State 55
      6. Minn.-Duluth 37
      7. MSU-Mankato 34
      8. Colorado College 26
      9. Alaska-Anchorage 20
      10. Michigan Tech 9

Player of the year: Ryan Lasch, SCSU (3); Jordan Schroeder, Minnesota (3); Chay Genoway, UND (2); Rhett Rakhshani, Denver (1); Patrick Wiercioch, Denver (1)
      Rookie of the year: Mike Lee, SCSU (5); Nick Leddy, Minnesota (2); Dylan Olsen, Minnesota-Duluth (2); Matt Donovan, Denver (1)

Comment

The Poles don't matter much anyway.
        Forgot all about that one. Now I'll have to go find that thread for some entertainment while I eat my breakfast. Possibly the funniest thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
          Forgot all about that one. Now I'll have to go find that thread for some entertainment while I eat my breakfast. Possibly the funniest thread ever.
          Agreed.

Bring it out of retirement.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
            According to recent poles only a pole would like a pole thread.
            Last edited by Greyeagle; 09-29-2009, 10:28 AM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              What about a Pohl?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Because there are a lot of poles in poles?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  What about a Pohl?
                  I stuck with the "all pole" linup.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    I stuck with the "all pole" linup.
                    Enough.

Pohlitely pohlice your pohlemic anti-pohl pohlicies.

Pohleaze. With pohlka dots.
                    "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

UND is too high.

Agreed, although this is ironic coming from a Gopher fan.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

2009-2010 BIG TEN NETWORK MEN'S ICE HOCKEY SCHEDULE - Minnesota Gopher Games

Friday, January 15 North Dakota at Minnesota 8 PM ET LIVE
                        Friday, February 19 Colorado College at Minnesota 8 PM ET LIVE
                        Friday, March 5 Wisconsin at Minnesota 8 PM ET Delay at 11 PM ET
                        I just noticed this! Don't they realize CC and UND are NOT Big Ten teams? I don't get BTN and don't want them to show any games. Does this mean, at least, that Mich and Mich St are on FSN?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          I just noticed this! Don't they realize CC and UND are NOT Big Ten teams? I don't get BTN and don't want them to show any games. Does this mean, at least, that Mich and Mich St are on FSN?
                          Mich St. isn't even on TV. At all.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

UND is too high. It even surprised Hakstol. And rightly so IMO, UND has a lot of question marks. They lost 9 seniors, have the largest freshman class and the smallest senior class. I'd put Wisconsin and the Gophers dead even on defense and special teams with a slight edge for the Gophers on offense and goal tending.

The predictive validity for the WCHA poll has been quite low and unreliable in recent years (25%/8 yrs). The norms on the USA Today Poll are larger and it makes more sense to me as to where teams are right now. The Poles don't matter much anyway.

39th annual Grand Forks Herald WCHA Coaches Poll:

1. Denver (8) 80
                            2. UND (2) 70
                            3. Wisconsin 61
                            4. Minnesota 58
                            5. St. Cloud State 55
                            6. Minn.-Duluth 37
                            7. MSU-Mankato 34
                            8. Colorado College 26
                            9. Alaska-Anchorage 20
                            10. Michigan Tech 9

Player of the year: Ryan Lasch, SCSU (3); Jordan Schroeder, Minnesota (3); Chay Genoway, UND (2); Rhett Rakhshani, Denver (1); Patrick Wiercioch, Denver (1)
                            Rookie of the year: Mike Lee, SCSU (5); Nick Leddy, Minnesota (2); Dylan Olsen, Minnesota-Duluth (2); Matt Donovan, Denver (1)
                            You gave me a chuckle! Minny and Wisco dead even on defense? HA! I'm sorry but Minny's defense was terrible last season and until proven otherwise this season, Wisco is far superior on defense. Offense you may have an edge...

As for UND... they lost a lot of senior leadership, but they also return key players in all the key positions which is probably why they are located where they are, along with the fact that they won the league last year probably gave them an edge. I think Minny has a lot more question marks considering their mid-season collapse last year and how they will respond to that this year. Just my thoughts...

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                              You gave me a chuckle! Minny and Wisco dead even on defense? HA! I'm sorry but Minny's defense was terrible last season and until proven otherwise this season, Wisco is far superior on defense. Offense you may have an edge...
                              This is hilarity at its finest. Keep it coming.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                This is hilarity at its finest. Keep it coming.
                                The goofers defense is a joke but why would you find that funny?

Comment

Working...
                                X