X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    So in other words, no SCSU fan should ever think that our team, that is getting better players and has better coaching, should actually be expected to get better.....got it.
    Oh you can expect the team to get better. Charlie Brown expects to kick the football every year, too.
    "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

I posted this earlier today on GPL and I may as well post it here too.

I went to Chris Heisenberg's list today just to put myself together a list of current recruits so I could sort of keep track of them in my head a pay attention to how they do this year for their prospective teams.

It looks like this is what he has up there for players, teams, and possible years to be coming to the Gophers. Anyone have any corrections? Especially the teams they're playing for this year.

Nathan Condon-LC 2010 Fargo (USHL)
      Jake Youso-LC 2010 Owatonna (NAHL)
      Ryan Walters-LC 2010 Des Moines (USHL)
      Nate Schmidt-LD 2010 Fargo (USHL)
      Mark Alt-D 2010 Cretin-Derham Hall
      Christian Isackson-RC 2010 St.Thomas Academy
      Max Gardiner-RC 2010 Minnetonka
      Erik Haula-LW 2010 Omaha (USHL)
      Justin Holl-RD 2010 Minnetonka

Ben Marshall-LD 2011 Mahometdi
      Nick Bjugstad-RC 2011 Blaine
      Seth Ambroz-RC 2011 Omaha (USHL)
      Travis Boyd-RC 2011 USNDPT U17 Team
      Ryan Reilly-LC 2011 or 2012 Holy Angels
      Connor Reilly-LW 2011 or 2012 Holy Angels
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-25-2009, 06:32 PM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I really have high hopes for Bjugstad.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I'm an Air Force brat
          Based on previous posts, you've been demoted from a brat to a weenie.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Everyone thinks their team will be better - someone has to continue to suck.
          And after three seasons of "suck" and fan catastrophic neurosis, let's hope the Gophers will break their streak this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I posted this earlier today on GPL and I may as well post it here too.

I went to Chris Heisenberg's list today just to put myself together a list of current recruits so I could sort of keep track of them in my head a pay attention to how they do this year for their prospective teams.

It looks like this is what he has up there for players, teams, and possible years to be coming to the Gophers. Anyone have any corrections? Especially the teams they're playing for this year.

Nathan Condon-LC 2010 Fargo (USHL)
            Jake Youso-LC 2010 Owatonna (NAHL)
            Ryan Walters-LC 2010 Des Moines (USHL)
            Nate Schmidt-LD 2010 Fargo (USHL)
            Mark Alt-D 2010 Cretin-Derham Hall
            Christian Isackson-RC 2010 St.Thomas Academy
            Max Gardiner-RC 2010 Minnetonka
            Erik Haula-LW 2010 Omaha (USHL)
            Justin Holl-RD 2010 Minnetonka

Ben Marshall-LD 2011 Mahometdi
            Nick Bjugstad-RC 2011 Blaine
            Seth Ambroz-RC 2011 Omaha (USHL)
            Travis Boyd-RC 2011 USNDPT U17 Team
            Ryan Reilly-LC 2011 or 2012 Holy Angels
            Connor Reilly-LW 2011 or 2012 Holy Angels
            Looks like some young teams ahead.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Coaches have been on the ice with the team since Sept. 15 for a 2 hrs/wk max. according to NCAA rules. Officially the first Gopher practice is Oct. 3. The University of British Colombia Thunderbirds are coming to Minnesota to play exhibitions next week at UMD on Sat. Oct 3 and the Gophers the next day on Sun. Oct 4. The 2009-10 Gopher hockey season is about to begin!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              And Handy knows about having a defense that sucks.
              I think Jones and Finley defined that category didn't they?

2009-2010 BIG TEN NETWORK MEN'S ICE HOCKEY SCHEDULE - Minnesota Gopher Games

Friday, January 15 North Dakota at Minnesota 8 PM ET LIVE
              Friday, February 19 Colorado College at Minnesota 8 PM ET LIVE
              Friday, March 5 Wisconsin at Minnesota 8 PM ET Delay at 11 PM ET
              Last edited by HarleyMC; 09-28-2009, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Apologize if this has been discussed. Never had a need to know but now may have a reason to.

Does FSN transmit Gopher hockey games in HD?

Please advise.

Thanks!
                "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Yes, FSN North broadcasts in HD. Check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                    Yes, FSN North broadcasts in HD. Check this out.
                    Thanks!

I'm already a DirecTV subscriber. Who carries inexpensive converter boxes?

Charles Schulz

Comment

• FSN has an HD channel yes, but Gophers games are not in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
                        Apologize if this has been discussed. Never had a need to know but now may have a reason to.

Does FSN transmit Gopher hockey games in HD?

Please advise.

Thanks!
                        Gopher Games are NOT in HD and it was posted at GPL that none of them this year will be in HD.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Pretty sure the only Gopher games you can see in HD are the three on BTN.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Gopher Games are NOT in HD and it was posted at GPL that none of them this year will be in HD.
                            Disappointing, but I guess it shouldn't be a shocker given Gopher hockey has to be down on the list of FSN North priorities (unless the Wolves have been relegated to D-League).
                            M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

Originally posted by StateOfGophers View Post
                              Disappointing, but I guess it shouldn't be a shocker given Gopher hockey has to be down on the list of FSN North priorities (unless the Wolves have been relegated to D-League).
                              I'm not sure how DISH handles it but I know my Comcast has two stations for FSN North, one in HD and one not and the one in HD is usually just a bunch of bars cause not much of their programming is in HD except for all the Twins games and some of the Wild and T-Wolves games.

Comment

USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men's College Hockey Poll has the Gophers in 6th and 2nd in the WCHA behind Denver.

Comment

Working...
                                X