X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
    That's my point, Einstein.

And like Charlie Brown, that optimism turns into an effort with no reward.

And Lucy isn't everyone else. It's your hockey program.

Get it?
    It's not easy to make the transition from the Brady Bunch to Peanuts.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Yeah cause a team that returns more than 80% of it's scoring from last year and graduated one defenseman off a defense that had 4 first year players can't possibly get any better.
      Nice assumption there Handy, I mean if you can assume SCSU can't improve, then we can assume the Gopher defense is still going to suck and Kangas will be like he was last year right?
      Think whatever you want...I am not one of the people spouting off that the Gophers are going to be great...in fact right now I dont have much confidence in them at all.

And what does bringing back a bunch of scoring mean? Who brought back the most scoring last year? And sorry but your defense stunk last year and I dont see them improving enough for you to be a darkhorse.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Your analogy sucks... SCSU fans would be Charlie Brown, the one with optimism that this'll be the time. Lucy would be everyone else.

But thanks for playing, I hope you enjoy your lovely parting gifts.
        Hey nimrod, that was what he was saying...ya see the season is Lucy and you guys are Charlie Brown...what they don't teach you higher level thinking at whatever A school you went to in High School?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Will Cepis be able to play against British Columbia (exhibition)?
          My understanding is no. Second semester (Jan. 2 against BOWLING GREEN ) for the Dodge holiday tourney is the first game he will wear the "M".

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Will Cepis be able to play against British Columbia (exhibition)?
            This is a great question... anyone know the answer?
            Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice

National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

My Gopher Hockey Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              He didn't designate them you mental midget.
              Obviously he DID desginate them, as he went on to say so here, genius...

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
              And Lucy isn't everyone else. It's your hockey program.
              So let me help you put together that analogy... Charlie Brown is SCSU fans, and Lucy is all the fans who laugh at SCSU fans who get their hopes up every year, only to fail.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Hey nimrod, that was what he was saying...ya see the season is Lucy and you guys are Charlie Brown...what they don't teach you higher level thinking at whatever A school you went to in High School?
              You're right on your analysis, but Go4 wasn't, that's why I corrected him. So thank you for helping me show him he can't construct an analogy with a hard hat and a construction crew.

P.S. I really like how you took a shot at my high school... then admitted you have no idea where I went. Don't know where you went either, but I can guarantee that if you looked at our classes %s of who went to college, and then looked at where, you wouldn't have a case.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

...but I can guarantee that if you looked at our classes %s of who went to college, and then looked at where, you wouldn't have a case.
                J.F.C.

How old are you, nine? Are you soon going to inform him that your daddy could beat up his daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                  J.F.C.

How old are you? Nine? What's next? You'll tell him that your daddy could beat up his daddy?
                  No... he claimed my high school was full of a bunch of morons, then admitted he had no idea where I went. If an SCSU fan had said that to a Gopher fan, you guys would be all over him for that.

Now... if he looked to see that I live in Cottage Grove and incorrectly assumed I went to Park High School, then I can see where the confusion arised.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Now... if he looked to see that I live in Cottage Grove and incorrectly assumed I went to Park High School, then I can see where the confusion arised.
                    With this I agree.
                    So it's time for you to fess up. HM? STA? CotV? CDH? CA? MPA? SPA?

Comment

No... he claimed my high school was full of a bunch of morons, then admitted he had no idea where I went. If an SCSU fan had said that to a Gopher fan, you guys would be all over him for that.

So he makes a remark followed by the emoticon that clearly indicates he was joking around, and you take that as an insult, and choose the most childish response possible. But that's ok since your high school also didn't teach you how to comprehend that level of humor/sarcasm. Got it.

See what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        With this I agree.
                        I'm an Air Force brat and graduated in Germany. The "Euro" nickname is simply because my friends aren't very creative.

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        So he makes a remark followed by the emoticon that clearly indicates he was joking around, and you take that as an insult, and choose the most childish response possible. But that's ok since your high school also didn't teach you how to comprehend that level of humor/sarcasm. Got it.
                        I'm sorry if the big grinning face in the middle of my response to his high school crack was confusing for you. I truly apologize to any and all who thought I was at home cursing at my computer monitor, pounding the walls or crying uncontrollably. (Now here's where I'd add a smiley face, but... is that gonna send the wrong message?)

Comment

I can tell from recent posts that the season will be starting soon.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            I can tell from recent posts that the season will be starting soon.
                            WCHA season starts tonight: WCHA All-Stars vs. Team U.S.A. Ok, so the men's side is still a ways away, but details details. You can tell I'm desperate for hockey when I'm going to women's puck, and to see Aaron's sister.

Gigi Marvin: the only Gopher I respect... and I promise I'll respect her in the morning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              With this I agree.
                              EHS?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                EHS?
                                Eagan?

Comment

Working...
                                X