Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State 2009-2010

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
    I hope we don't turn into Ferris state this season...
    At this rate, I'm sure some UIC hockey alums would blush at our box scores...

... OK, perhaps it's not that bad, but still, the penalties are becoming a big problem.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      At this rate, I'm sure some UIC hockey alums would blush at our box scores...

... OK, perhaps it's not that bad, but still, the penalties are becoming a big problem.
      I think the silver lining is it's a correctable problem - especially in a young team - and was MSU's biggest undoing lastnight. It's a learning process on the road. You have to overcome mental fatigue (which there may have been coming into the game) and by the third period it became physical. That leads to dumb penalties.

Comment

Here are my 3 stars of the weekend

#3 Got a big goal from someone not on the top line
        #2 How about Drew "Palmy" Palmisano and Bobby "Al" Jarosz?!
        #1 We did it. We actually snuck out of Oxford with 3 points

Comment

Considering the cloud of sourness surrounding campus from the football loss tonight, three points in Oxford is a hell of a silver lining.

Huge, huge win, and a huge, huge weekend. Two very competitive games, and - something I wouldn't have expected whatsoever entering the weekend - a win against the best team in the country. We're not that 9th-to-11th place team everybody was projecting us to be this season.

Now the real question, loosely pasted from the other thread: Will this, combined with the overall good start, bring people back to Munn for the Western game on Friday? (My preliminary answer is "no," though I'd like to stay optimistic.)
          Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 10-25-2009, 12:43 AM.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Considering the cloud of sourness surrounding campus from the football loss tonight, three points in Oxford is a hell of a silver lining.

Huge, huge win, and a huge, huge weekend. Two very competitive games, and - something I wouldn't have expected whatsoever entering the weekend - a win against the best team in the country. We're not that 9th-to-11th place team everybody was projecting us to be this season.

Now the real question, loosely pasted from the other thread: Will this, combined with the overall good start, bring people back to Munn for the Western game on Friday? (My preliminary answer is "no," though I'd like to stay optimistic.)
            I sure hope people weren't blitzed with football coverage (pun semi-intended) enough to miss the win that came about 2 minutes later. I hope this is worth a couple hundred fans at least. We get a few goals against Western at home and that sure helps too. There are sure enough gimmicks going on on Friday to make it fun.

Comment

Well i think we officially now can be really excited and optimistic about this team and season! I was honestly hoping we would just stick around with Miami and play with them and any points would be a huge bonus but man, we nearly had 6! I guess you could also argue we also nearly had 0 but whatever!

I was also hoping Bowling Green would be solid this year but it looks like they are about where we were mid-season last year.

Now we can look forward to an undefeated Western who may or may not be better than years past. I think we will win a couple this weekend though. Maybe even break 4500 in attendance?!?!?!

Comment

Well i think we officially now can be really excited and optimistic about this team and season! I was honestly hoping we would just stick around with Miami and play with them and any points would be a huge bonus but man, we nearly had 6! I guess you could also argue we also nearly had 0 but whatever!

I was also hoping Bowling Green would be solid this year but it looks like they are about where we were mid-season last year.

Now we can look forward to an undefeated Western who may or may not be better than years past. I think we will win a couple this weekend though. Maybe even break 4500 in attendance?!?!?!
                Wan't it great to get that win before coming home for 3 out of 4? That sets up well for us.

I hope we can break 4500. We may have had 5500 for the Broncos last time around but that was before the collapse.

Too much going against BGSU this year. The looked good to close out last year but ... new coach, new system, no goaltending left and they just hemhorraged players last season and after.

Comment

We're not that 9th-to-11th place team everybody was projecting us to be this season.
                  I had this vague idea that we'd have an 8th-place team - sure as heck was hedging my bet! I had no clue these guys could put the puck in the net at this pace. Though I did believe we'd have decent goaltending.
                  Last edited by owslachief; 10-26-2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

So was this a devastating defeat for Miami, like the front page suggests? I'm pretty sure the only people that find this defeat devastating are the pundits that didn't do their homework and picked this team to be a basement dweller.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Originally posted by MCB View Post
                      So was this a devastating defeat for Miami, like the front page suggests? I'm pretty sure the only people that find this defeat devastating are the pundits that didn't do their homework and picked this team to be a basement dweller.
                      Yes, I did a double-take when I saw Andrew Rowe's pic with the superhead "Devastating Defeats".

Puzzled in Kansas City

Comment

I guess it wasn't that devastating since Miami held onto the number one spot. State moved from the "others receiving votes" to number twenty. Barely edging out the 0-3-1 Gophers.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

If we can get a pair of wins this weekend, i think we can push into the top 15 but Western always brings it strong against us, even if they're not actually any good.

Comment

If we can get a pair of wins this weekend, i think we can push into the top 15 but Western always brings it strong against us, even if they're not actually any good.
                            They're #2 in the Pairwise!

Comment

Partly to get this thread going again, with 36 hours until puck drop:

http://statenews.com/index.php/artic...o_work_for_msu
                              "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

We're in danger of not sucking.

Although ... there are still moments - we'd better come better prepared tomorrow in K-zoo or it won't be a good result.

AAP - I finally got the full version of your dance routine. Impressive.
                                Last edited by owslachief; 10-30-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X