Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 Clarkson hockey players face sex charges

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Where the hell did they find girls in Potsdam in July?
    The girl was supposedly enrolled in the hockey camp.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The girl was supposedly enrolled in the hockey camp.
      That doesn't answer my question.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Not for me. It has to do with Clarkson Hockey, so it must be BAAAAAD!
        Well if it's just out of blind hatred for Clarkson hockey...that's ok then.

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Great point Wicked, and the fact that it was without her consent kind of takes the age thing out of the picture.
        Except that's not a fact...they've been charged with it, not proven guilty yet.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Was it an act of "Bill Clinton's non sex?" Then does it count ??
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I agree that they are not guilty until proven so, what I stated was that "If" it was without consent, age has nothing to do with it.
            Most of the previous comments were about age.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Was it an act of "Bill Clinton's non sex?" Then does it count ??
              Depends on your definition of "Was"...

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I agree that they are not guilty until proven so, what I stated was that "If" it was without consent, age has nothing to do with it.
              Most of the previous comments were about age.
              No...you stated "the fact that it was without her consent." Go back and read your post.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                That's not especially obvious when you only quote the one post, especially when it's the one that explicitly states it isn't commenting about the case.
                Which is why I clarified the remark in my next post.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  I don't see how this reflects on him... his players may not be saints... most college players aren't saints and lets face it, there are a limited number of true character types around.

I hardly see that this reflects on Roll unless it becomes a pattern (like say, Tim Whitehead).
                  If I read the account correctly, the girl was attending the Clarkson hockey camp. Secondly, the boys were Clarkson hockey players, and the incident occurred on the Clarkson campus. When exactly does it become Roll's problem?

One case coming to mind quickly was Gilligan/hockey hazing case at UVM. And that wasn't even a sexual in nature. The guys walked on water in Burlington and they showed him the door.

I'm not saying that's what I think should happen in this case, I was wondering aloud how the Clarkson admin. will choose to handle their coach, given the complete mess they made of the Schwan/Morris scuffle.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    One case coming to mind quickly was Gilligan/hockey hazing case at UVM. And that wasn't even a sexual in nature. The guys walked on water in Burlington and they showed him the door.
                    Ummm ... I don't want to get banned, but someone really needs to describe to you what exactly the Elephant Walk entails. Cuz I would think it's pretty sexual in nature.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    I do find it funny that of the first two guys arrested... one was from Connecticut and the other was a former commitment to the Maine Black Bears. I can't connect the dots to anyone with those similarities that liked little girls...

KEITH JOHNSON!!!!!!!

With all these arrests at UMaine this summer, it looks like Timmay avoided another winner here.
                    I'm completely shocked and dismayed to see that you forgot to mention the episode of To Catch a Predator where the predator had a Maine hockey hat on.

Comment

An update.......

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS09/909099990
                      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Where the hell did they find girls in Potsdam?
                        In July???? Fixed your post!!! I suppose there is SUNY-Potsdam.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Seriously, the facts are sparse in this case. What the heck is sexual contact without her consent? Was she drunk? Passed out? Or just too young to consent? I don't know.

What I do know is this says nothing about Clarkson Hockey. It is a well run program with a good coach and staff and I am sure all of them are sick about this. What a rotten way to start off a collegiate career. Sure justice needs to run its course, but given what is out there for facts I don't think this is a reflection at all on Clarkson, Clarkson's hockey program or staff, or necessarily even the players. Depending on how the laws were broken, it could be nothing more than bad judgment or ignorance about the laws. Who among us hasn't violated the letter of some law in that way in our lifetime? Hope it works out without too many bruises for Roll, Clarkson, the ECAC, or college hockey in general.
                          9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                          1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

I don't think the school wants the Hockey Camp Counselors doing the nasty with underage campers. It was 3 guys and one young girl that's not exactly a romantic evening. These guys are three little predators. I hope her Dad finds them in a dark alley some day.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I guess I should have pointed out that I was referring to what was in the article concerning the charges.
                              In any case, the gentlemen involved are going to have to defend themselves against the charges stated in that article.
                              "Having sexual contact with a 16 year old female without her consent."
                              I was just trying to state that the charge of "without her consent" trumped the underage female.
                              I for one hope that this is not true, as it is bad for all of hockey, Certainly Clarkson is on the front line, but this will be talked about in every locker room in every school that has a hockey team.
                              The best thing that could happed is that it is resolved as soon as possible, and we get on the business of College Hockey.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

if these guys were working the camp, then they knew the ages of the campers --- so that thought that "some girls look older" is bs.

and if they were working the camp, then it does reflect on the coaching staff. even if they didn't think they had too, it now seems someone needed to say, "hey boys, don't shag the campers!"
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X