Coaching Changes - Facts, Rumors & Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Changes - Facts, Rumors & Suggestions

OK, so we left the old thread...perhaps a bit prematurely. IMO people were suggesting that there are a great number of competent, compassionate coaches in Women's Hockey - but that description did not fit every single person behind the bench. Sounds like reality in any walk of life. No one is here to assassinate character. We are sharing our experiences, thoughts and feelings. At the least, we can hear of interpersonal relationships in a hockey world that we care about; coaches included. Sometimes we share information, sometimes we express concerns. If this is correct, then we need this topic to be available. Obviously the number of views and responses will tell.

Re: Coaching Changes - Facts, Rumors & Suggestions

Great thread idea Pops. This will give people the chance to speak up about coaches and include interactions with them, both good and bad. My daughter only had three coaching teams coming up thru the youth ranks and all three of them were straight-forward kind of people. If she screwed up, they would tell her and explain why and how to do it better next time. I know there are alot of people on this forum that are not Lainie Wintrup (former Chatham coach) fans. When we visited Chatham, one of the remarks my daughter made to me was that Lainie reminded her of her youth coach at DU. She always knew where she stood. Is that good? Some relish that. Is it bad? If you are not used to it, I could see where it would derail a player. So are there good coaches and bad coaches? I think it is all in the players perspective and of course, the players take on the situation is then relayed to the parent who then makes a judgement about the coach.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Comment

Agree with the previous post, kids respond to different coaching style, and that is why when kids are looking at schools, they need to make sure they support the coches coaching style and philosophy so they know they can happy.
      Chatham has always struggled getting top notch coaches, I do not know if the pay is bad, or people don't want to coach at an all girls school?
      Manchester has done a nice job at Chatham, but there is still alot of work to be done, and some recruiting of better talent, to be able to move up in that conference.

Comment

Annmarie Cellino added to Trinity coaching staff:

http://athletics.trincoll.edu/sports/wice/coaches/index

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
          Annmarie Cellino added to Trinity coaching staff:

http://athletics.trincoll.edu/sports/wice/coaches/index
          Congratulations Annmarie!!! She wasn't the biggest or the fastest, but from her first goal (shorthanded against Plattsburgh) to her last (powerplay against Amherst) she was a gamer.

Comment

Nichols College hired Colleen Harris as their new assistant coach. Colleen was the captain at BC last year.

Comment

It's a great thing to see that Nicole, Annmarie and Colleen have been recognized for their contributions and rewarded with these positions. IMO this is the right direction for the college game (including Men's !). There is a good deal of pressure on the Hockey student/athletes, in large part due to the length of the season and the incredible amount of time that goes into it. Having an ***'t who understands their position and allows them to enjoy the processes of competition in priceless.

Comment

Did you see the opening at Chatham ? I am very curious to know what happened. With the season so close to starting, one can only hope that the 'right' person is still available. Does anyone know what happened ?

Comment

I am taking bets that is David Stockdales position. He was doing alot of the recruiting and the job description on NCAA.org states "recruiting". I heard an unconfirmed rumor that the other assistant coach was waiting for a work visa to come thru from Canada. Don't know when practices start but I imagine Coach Manchester would love to have both of those positions filled before then.
                  "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Comment

Working...
                  X