Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The official MCH'AQ' season thread

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
    Hey, so the MCHA goes 2-1 this week against the NCHA. That must be a first (even if it is UWEC).
    Adrian could have uesd these results last year. Good for their OWP and OOWP
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Adrian could have uesd these results last year. Good for their OWP and OOWP
      Crapshoot discussion............!

Adrian were a very good team last year as well as the year before........and magically, now they are an unprecidented # 6. in the meaningless poll !

Will the tie vs the <18's mean anything in the next poll or will St Norbert's weekend vault them ahead of Adrian ?
      Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-01-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
        Eau Claire aren't the doormats of the NCHA are they ?
        I wouldn't call them a doormat, but this year they are a couple of notches below Stout and Norberts. I think they were .500 last year.
        The NC schedules of Marian and Lawrence only get more difficult from here.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
          Crapshoot discussion............!

Adrian were a very good team last year as well as the year before........and magically, now they are an unprecidented # 6. in the meaningless poll !

Will the tie vs the <18's mean anything in the next poll or will St Norbert's weekend vault them ahead of Adrian ?
          A few things:

1) Plattsburgh was the only team in the top 7 to actually win a game over the weekend, I think they are safe.
          2) Adrian SHOULD move up, however 2 things:

a) will the posters treat the US-18 game as if it didn't happen (in which they seem to have always done in the past
          b) or will they be impressed with a shoot out loss.

3) Going along with (1) will there be enough room up top for Adrian to move up? In last weeks poll 4-9 were pretty close.

Will SNC jump Adrian?
          If yes, you would have to assume that the voters had no regard to the close game with the US-18 game. Remember SNC just demolished, even with a little luck, the once #3 team in DIVISION III, not an exb game.
          If no, you would have to think that they did hold the game credible.

But Im sure you NL along with the Bulldog staff could care less about a poll and are looking forward to the MCHA season.

If it were me I would probably move Adrian up to #3 or #4. Whats going to be even more funny is when Middlebury moves ahead of Adrian
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
            I wouldn't call them a doormat, but this year they are a couple of notches below Stout and Norberts. I think they were .500 last year.
            The NC schedules of Marian and Lawrence only get more difficult from here.
            Eau Claire has historically struggled in the NCHA, but have shown some improvement in the last few years. They may have been around .500 overall last season but certainly not in league play. With LFC gone, I believe Eau Claire is again predicted to finish last in conference, but the pre-season coaches poll really mean nothing. Didn't look at the box score against Lawrence, but I think they outshot Marian pretty good.

As for next weeks poll, who cares? But I'd imagine Adrian will stay right were they are as they haven't played a NCAA game yet this season. I know they're gonna be super tough this year. I would be surprised if SNC isn't in the top 5 after their sweep of pre-season favorite, Stout.

edit: my bad, they didn't outshoot Marian or Lawrence by a substantial margin. 39-30 vs. Marian, and 34-24 against Lawrence. Hat's off to those teams, huge wins for them.
            Last edited by altazo; 11-01-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              ......... but the pre-season coaches poll really mean nothing.
              ...........But I'd imagine Adrian will stay right were they are as they haven't played a NCAA game yet this season. /////////////.

Wake up and smell the coffee.................Adrian have done what no others have done in college hockey let alone D III vs USA National < 18.

2 wins 1 shootout loss......in 3 years of existence

They were for real in their first season.... & snubbed
              They were for real in their second season....& snubbed
              They are for real now !!!1!!

Coming soon to an arena near you !!!!!
              Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-01-2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

1) Plattsburgh was the only team in the top 7 to actually win a game over the weekend, I think they are safe.
                Yes

2) Adrian SHOULD move up, however 2 things:
                a) will the posters treat the US-18 game as if it didn't happen (in which they seem to have always done in the past
                b) or will they be impressed with a shoot out loss.
                .....doesn't matter.........it's about wins and losses ......not polls !~!!

3) Going along with (1) will there be enough room up top for Adrian
                to move up? In last weeks poll 4-9 were pretty close.
                plenty of room.............but U18 Coach Kleinendorst doesn't get a ballot.
                His opinion of where Adrian stacks up vs NCAA teams they have played ( DI &DIII) would be credible.

Will SNC jump Adrian?
                Probably

But Im sure you NL along with the Bulldog staff could care less about a poll and are looking forward to the MCHA season.
                Precisely......!!!!!!!!

If it were me I would probably move Adrian up to #3 or #4. Whats going to be even more funny is when Middlebury moves ahead of Adrian

# 2 or # 3 is probably where they belong,

It's taken you awhile Remy........but I thing you get it !!
                See you in January.
                Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I am awake. And I thought I was giving Adrian and the rest of the MCHA props in that last post?

Comment

I know *****ing about grammar is a no-no and that I will probably get a lot of red for this statement, but Northernlite is really making my head hurt.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      I am awake. And I thought I was giving Adrian and the rest of the MCHA props in that last post?
                      And I thought I was making a point about how the system works, not disparaging Adrian.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        I know *****ing about grammar is a no-no and that I will probably get a lot of red for this statement, but Northernlite is really making my head hurt.
                        Well, I know NL personally, and I'm going to tell you this. If he wants to, anything he can come up with will be more intelligent than anything you can hatch, in any form he decides to put it in.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Now you know how some of us feel about your tripe.
                          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                            Now you know how some of us feel about your tripe.
                            Ahh yes...thank you...I apologize for upsetting the supreme master.
                            Last edited by gojackets; 11-01-2009, 11:35 PM.
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Ahh yes...thank you...I apoligize for upsetting the supreme master.
                              Since you got on the grammar kick and all, it's "apologize".
                              “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                                Since you got on the grammar kick and all, it's "apologize".
                                I know. I just typed too fast. Please forgive me.
                                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                                X