X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    What's LAMO?, or is it not printable? Sorry, I'm a tech newbie...
    LMAO = laughing my *** off. LAMO is a typo.

Big weekend for the Raiders: hockey in Lowell, football in Worcester (all in MA ) -- difficult test for both teams.

EDIT: using symbols to represent words is censored?
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      I plan on going to Friday's game. My only question is if I will be able to purchase a ticket at the box office. I've done some research and your arena fits about 6,500 for hockey. Only thing is, will this game sell out beforehand?
      You won't have a problem getting tickets at the box office.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        LMAO...Dog, the neutral zone is between the bluelines, where he plastered him against the boards OMG !! I was in the penalty box staring at McIntyre the whole time ! It was right in front of me across the ice. Center ice is anywhere between the bluelines not in your offensive or defensive zones.

Ya O/K

Thanks Shabby, I didn't have a clue where the Neutral Zone was. I appreciate your assistance. I also apologize for my lack of knowledge. No one ever communicated the size of that zone to me.

I'm moving on now, as you and I watched a different occurence. I'm standing behind our Local 1st team All American, as I believe this team has tremendous potential this year.

I BELIEVE....and will be patient rather than pointing fingers at our players for nominal stuff.

The funniest part of your point was, critisizing one of our players for a penalty, while you were apparently in the Penalty Box.

Heck, while you were in there, you should of told him yourself what a huge error he made.

Comment

Was at the UML game tonight, and the first thing I had to say was ... UML has a great arena. I felt like I was at an AHL game (then again, it's probably because the same building is host to the Lowell Devils of the AHL).

I was sitting in the visitor's section (Section B) in the front row, and had a great view of the action. There were several times where players were slammed into the boards near my location, and it was just one of those feelings you will always remember. Anyways, onto the game:

The 1st period we started out slowly, and it hurt us when we gave up a PPG on our 1st penalty of the night. But thankfully, we didn't give up as we were able to fight back and tie the game at one. However, UML was able to retake the lead -- because they were able to set up traffic in front of the net and just direct the puck at the net with nothing fancy in mind. If we're going to score goals this season, we need to do that.

The 2nd period was a real thriller, as I was able to see both Colgate goals close-up as well as the lead-up to the scores. Colgate's 2nd goal (Brisebois) was a beautiful one, as I saw him beat his defender, fire a shot at the goalie, then get his own rebound and capitalize on the opportunity. Then our 3rd goal was amazing to watch as well, as the puck trickled into our offensive zone, and Bourdon was able to control it and beat the goalie for the score. The Colgate crowd in attendance (albeit small compared to the UML crowd) was making noise for all 3 goals, and the players on the ice were giving Bourdon the "congratulatory hug" right in front of where I was standing.

Unfortunately, the 3rd period was once again, a disaster. Another PPG allowed, then on the 4th goal (the one that went under review), it looked like Evin had covered up the puck, then was shoved into his own net, forcing the puck out of his control and behind him. I couldn't tell whether the whistle was blown before or after, but it's just one of those situations where the call went against us, and as a result, we were gagging in disbelief, resulting in UML's 5th goal not too long after.

As far as goaltending goes, Evin played a good "50 minutes". But after the 3rd UML goal (thankfully Don Vaughan called a timeout), it looked like he was primed for a fall (just like the Yale game last Jan). I just hope this was another learning experience for the team. We need to play a FULL 60 minutes and NOT just try and "coast our way to a victory" in the 3rd period. Any small mistake and it could cost us the game.

I am happy to see that freshmen are lighting the lamp though. Christian Long has 2 goals, Bartliff one, Bourdon one. If these 3 players can keep it up in addition to Day, Smith, and McIntyre (I just hope the preseason pressure isn't keeping him from doing his thing), we'll have solid depth at offense. Defense is slowly getting better despite 3rd period breakdowns. Goaltending is looking okay, I'm glad that Evin is getting some starts as it'll benefit him in the long run. Congrats are in order for Adam Corrin (1st career point at Colate) and Robbie Bourdon (1st career goal). Hopefully we can get all the kinks out come league play.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Mini gallery of images from Colgate at Lowell - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...ate-at-lowell/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
              Mini gallery of images from Colgate at Lowell - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...ate-at-lowell/
              Thanks for the pictures. If you view photos 64-69, they consist of Lowell's 4th goal (the one that went under review). It looks like the refs did get the call right, even though from my perspective in the stands, it looked like Evin had covered it up -- it was actually already behind him
              Colgate '09

Comment

Good game last night. I think Coach Vaughan did all he could to help the guys in the 3rd, we just have to learn how to protect leads/ties when the game is on the line. I don't know if you can practice that with a young club you just have to hope a couple of guys on D and a big forward or two step up and become the go to guys to clear the zone and puck when it gets dicey. And do so without having to take penalties which seem to have compounded our third period frustrations the last two games. Maybe then the game will slow down for everyone and Evin will develop the confidence he still seems to need to get through that last 20 minutes. He was great earlier in the game and clearly has the tools..Playing 2 ranked teams back to back can't be easy. Don't know what to make of the fact the big 3 were fairly invisible last night..did UML shadow each of them? That said, many of the frosh seem to be playing an important role and are already among the main contributors early in this season...

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  Thanks for the pictures. If you view photos 64-69, they consist of Lowell's 4th goal (the one that went under review). It looks like the refs did get the call right, even though from my perspective in the stands, it looked like Evin had covered it up -- it was actually already behind him
                  Looked it was covered up too from upstairs. That being said, the puck didn't go into the net until Evin was shoved into the goal by the diving UML player. Not sure what the replay "official" saw on the replay just off to my right but I could clearly hear him telling the referee at ice level that he didn't have any sound - wasn't that one of the stipulations with replay this year in Hockey East because of what happened to Lowell against BU last season?

Comment

I was at the UML game last night too, first 'Gate hockey game I've caught in a couple of years. It certainly helps being back on the east coast now after two years out in Minnesota!

I was really encouraged by the team's performance in the second period. We're clearly able to hang with the tough opponents, but right now only for a period or two at a time. UML stepped it up a bit in the third, and had a far superior power play to ours, and then we fell apart. The last UML goal was an awful turnover, a pass right back into the slot onto a UML player's stick, and it was in the net almost before Evin could react.

The other thing I was struck by last night was how physical UML was. There were a number of hard hits on our players. Unfortunately, I felt like we didn't respond with that same physical edge, so UML had the advantage there. There was some jawing back and forth in the third, but we didn't answer back with hard checks of our own. I think it might have played into the final result. It makes a difference when your team thinks for a second about having to take a hard hit, while the opponents aren't as worried about it.

Wound up sitting next to Brain Day's grandmother at the game. She said he had a lot of fans there last night, from family, friends, former coaches, etc. Rainman, you must have been in the Colgate sweatshirt down against the glass - I was the other one in the Colgate sweatshirt, a couple rows up in section C.
                    Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by GoRaiders View Post
                      Rainman, you must have been in the Colgate sweatshirt down against the glass - I was the other one in the Colgate sweatshirt, a couple rows up in section C.
                      That was me. I did see you at the game GoRaiders

Just got back from Worcester. Dominic Randolph is the real deal. Here's hoping that 10-1 doesn't keep us out of the playoffs, though I have a bad feeling it will
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Third period collapses aren't fun, especially on the heels of getting a 2nd period lead. Evin got the start, which certainly makes me wonder if he might have been getting the edge on Long in practice. Which then makes me wonder if last night hurt him a great deal (3 goals? Ouch). Excited to see some of the young guys step up as forwards, but the defense is going to continue to have some growing pains going forward. Sometimes, it just takes one win, to show you can do it, before things start clicking

3 straight against ranked opponents is a tough way to go, but Army and Niagara are in Starr next weekend. Certainly very winnable games
                        ECAC Champions: 1990
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                        ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                        NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                        Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Is Silver Puck next weekend against Army/Niagara or the following against Harvard/Dartmouth?

Comment

Silver Puck weekend is Harvard/Dartmouth.

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                            Don't know what to make of the fact the big 3 were fairly invisible last night..
                            No points for Day or Smith the last 3 games; no points for McIntyre the last 2 games. Yes these guys are very good players but they need to be more consistent.

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                            many of the frosh seem to be playing an important role and are already among the main contributors early in this season...
                            Very encouraging.

Comment

Today's game against the under 18 team is listed for 7:00 PM but I was told it was at 2:00 PM....anyone know ?? They hammered Utica College Fri and tied Cornell last night 3-3.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

The US Under 18 game is listed for today at 2 PM, a change from originally scheduled. And they beat Cornell 3-2 at Lynah, not tied them
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X