This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

Walked in the door at just about 5:00 am last night after the bus rolled into Hamilton around 3:30 am. Gotta love those 8:07 pm starts.

As for the disputed goal, I don't think anyone up in the press box had any idea what was going on until the official went into the penalty box to start looking at a replay monitor. At that point, it was clear they were looking for a possible goal (remember the NCAA playoffs last year with UVM/AFA) though when the play actually happened I don't know. The coaching staff on the Colgate bench was none too happy with the call of no goal. The replay is on tomorrow morning and should be on numerous times this week so I'll be interested to see what happened.

Couple of random notes - the Yale and Cornell games are both on Time Warner Sports. The Brown game will not be, contrary to earlier reports. So that means 7:07 face-offs on Friday and next Tuesday night. Then the RPI home game on the final regular season weekend is also on Time Warner as well as the NHL Network. No TV for the Union game the following night but every home game will still be on All-Access.

Hopefully we'll be giving away tickets to the Cornell game this Tuesday with Coach Vaughan on the Coaches Show at the Inn. It will probably end up being a trivia question of some sorts and whoever gives us the correct answer first gets the tickets. The show is at 7pm on the radio and All-Access inside the Tap Room.

Comment

also attended the game with a friend who had been to Princeton the night before...looked like we simply didn't have our legs and let's face it, Quinnipiac isn't a bad hockey team despite recent losses. A lot of IFs now since realistically a top four seed looks out of reach. Evin looked very sharp and I would imagine he'll be the guy down the stretch; he's earned it. To me McIntire looked like he was playing hurt, although he logged major minutes in the third period. Seemed like a lot of line switching between the top six forwards, obviously to no avail. Still hoping we can get 2 out of 3 next week (Brown will not be that easy) so we can stay #5 or #6. Bottom line: I wouldn't say our play Sat night was uninspired, but one never got the feeling that we could come back. I hope a strong sense of urgency is imbedded in this team...

Comment

I disagree that a top four seed is not very possible. If we can beat Cornell that puts us tied for fourth three out of first. We play all the teams ahead of us home in the next three weeks with the exception of SLU(If we only won that game or tied). You are expected to win at home...split the road. If we can win at home I think we get a top four place. Of course, a moot point if we don't.

Yale Union and RPI have only two home games left(2 home 4 away) I still think we have a fairly good chance if we win most at home ans split our two away games. This weekend looms large !
        Last edited by sshablak; 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I know this is still quite a ways away, given the fact that we have some VERY important games ahead of us, but those making the trip to Harvard on Feb. 20th, there will be a reception before the game for Colgate alums. About 40 or so people have already signed up, including a few members of Kevin McNamara's family. They had the same thing at Quinnipiac last Saturday, though I was unaware of it until I went to view their basketball court during the 1st intermission.

You do have to sign up for it ahead of time though. Right now, I am unsure about registering for it, but I thought I'd give it a mention for those who may be planning to attend that game. One thing's for sure: they will be a good contingent of Colgate fans at this game (our last road game of the regular season).
          Colgate '09

Comment

If we beat Cornell...I'm hopeful but won't hold my breath.

If there's one game a year that players and fans are energized for, this is it. The atmosphere at Starr vs. Cornell is unlike any other game. Unfortunately, we always manage to come up short. I don't see why this game will be any different with such a stingy Cornell defense, our inconsistent pp, and lackluster 3rd period output.

Winning at home...I won't hold my breath for that, either. With Union, RPI, and Cornell doing well, their fans will feel right at home at Starr, especially if their pep bands come.

We absolutely, positively, have not proven we can beat a top team...or even a team on a 10-game skid. I want to be wrong but don't see why it will happen now. Hopefully during the playoffs the team will play with a sense of urgency and intensity and Evin will steal the show.

One game at a time...
            Go 'Gate
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Tell me Bill, why are you such a Debbie Downer ALL the time? Have some faith in the boys. God knows they deserve it. Who knows? Maybe the way Evin's been playing we'll squeak a 2-1 win vs. Cornell. I'm confident we can beat both teams this weekend, and Princeton proved Cornell is not unbeatable on Saturday. I still believe.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm in the Magoo and Torcher Bill camp on any real hope for a top 4 finish. Again, we've only beaten two teams with winning records and the win against RIT barely counts here because they're from Atlantic Hockey (RIT's not a bad team, but I doubt they'd be .500 if they played in the ECAC). Please prove me wrong - I'm begging anybody to tell me to stop being a cynical worm - but I don't see us winning two out of three over the next week. Evin's playing well and maybe, just maybe some students will show up for Yale and Brown, but this team hasn't won a "statement" game all year.

Comment

Holding my tongue....

Comment

Naysayers...Go Awayyyyy !! This is for Colgate hockey fans only !!

We tied Yale and outshot them in New Haven...why not at Starr ???

Comment

shabby checks your stats (and I was there)...for one thing Yale outshoots virtually everybody...they outshot us something like 44-22 at The Whale...

Comment

Holding my tongue as well,... however here is the 'Perfect Storm' scenario: Yale is so looking ahead to Cornell they overlook us, and we win. Brown is so tired out and demoralized from the 11-1 thrashing in Ithaca, they can't keep up with us, and we have renewed confidence after beating #6 Yale....

It is doable....let's go guys!
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Naysayers...Go Awayyyyy !! This is for Colgate hockey fans only !!

We tied Yale and outshot them in New Haven...why not at Starr ???

Shabby, I;m with you. WE, as the sum of all our parts, have grown very quickly on the back end, considering all the Freshman.
                          The goaltending appears to be headed in a positive direction, even with the two losses, Evin continued to be strong.
                          The PP needs a boost, but overall we see some brightness in the depth of scoring.
                          While we had as a team, a poor showing in our last game, we were likely due, and did leave with 2 points coming home for three games in 5 nights.
                          We have also suffered from a number of injuries this year, and still have players playing through challenges.
                          Overall, I'm happy with what we have accomplished with so many new recruits, and we should be happy with our position in the standings currently.
                          Let's cheer this team on, and stay positive with what we can still achieve.

Comment

Oops...my bad ! We were ahead 3-1 at one time though. Ok..so we're def the dog's here, well I believe we can do it, please, no negativity here. If you have nothing positive to say, please go to another thread, believe me, I have lived(and died) with this team since around 1962. It gets very difficult at times. Please don't make it harder than it is already. Go Gate !!

Comment

It's all right in front of us - 3 games in a row at home. Go win them.

Will anyone be happy with a split this weekend? I won't. Neither should anyone else.

Bill, people don't like your posts because what you say is 100% true and deep down they know it. Say what you want. It's a free country last I checked.

Comment

I see Tchr "Benedict Arnold" Bill has thrust his knife in Colgate's back again on the weekely ECAC Pick 'em thread...

With boosters like Bill, who needs naysayers?.....
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X