This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

Canisius isn't terrible - they've beaten Air Force and Ferris St (who is 13-3-2) this year. Sure it's a game we should have won, being up 2 with less than 5 minutes to go. But I like how we can put the puck in the net - the defense will get better. We're a fun team to watch for the first time in 3-4 years. If we're going to lose I'd rather it be 7-6 than 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
      Canisius isn't terrible - they've beaten Air Force and Ferris St (who is 13-3-2) this year. Sure it's a game we should have won, being up 2 with less than 5 minutes to go. But I like how we can put the puck in the net - the defense will get better. We're a fun team to watch for the first time in 3-4 years. If we're going to lose I'd rather it be 7-6 than 2-1.
      Canisius isn't great either. They are 9-9-2 and lost to Army twice, Holy Cross twice and are standing 50th in KRACH -(we're at #37) - with a SOS of 26.5. Admittedly we tied Army, and anything can happen when the puck is dropped...but still, this is a team we should have put away...Bessette or no Bessette. This was a W on the schedule that is now lost....but perhaps I'm hyperventilating..
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

At this point, it is what it is and the game is over with. Canisius played a heck of a hockey game and certainly picked up a deserved victory. They played the game of their lives (like a playoff game since this was their only ECAC game all year) and Colgate couldn't match their overall tenacity and grit in the end. The same team went up to Cheel Arena last year and beat Clarkson in OT, at least this was on the road.

Hopefully getting the next two week to think about the loss, while at home for the holidays, will have the team ready to go for the Notre Dame tournament. I know in talking with the players at the start of the season, a lot of them spoke about the Brown/Yale weekend and how it motivated them the rest of the season. Maybe this loss is this year's Brown/Yale weekend. Plus, the last few years there has been a bad loss, last year it was that entire weekend, the year before that it was at home to UCONN, a night after beating them 7-1.

My only regret on the weekend was not going up to the press box to meet Rob Ray

Comment

What was the lineup for that weekend vs. the weekends where we haven't faired so well?

5 2 2
          2 3 2
          0 1 0

Take some look into those numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by UHhky View Post
            What was the lineup for that weekend vs. the weekends where we haven't faired so well?

5 2 2
            2 3 2
            0 1 0

We don't need smack talk on this thread. You're either with us, or agin' us. Differences of opinion are tolerated, but hammering 'Gate hockey fans is out of bounds.

There is a place for smack on the USCHO board...
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Did you even look into those numbers? They are entirely about Colgate...

Comment

UHky, I don't understand those numbers, except for the fact that if you add the numbers vertically, you get 7-6-4, our regular season record so far.

Also, looking at the boxscore ... why did all of our players have a "negative" rating in the +/- statistic? Firman 2 goals, MINUS 3. Price 2 goals, MINUS 2. Day and Smith EACH 4 points, but MINUS 1. Only Bartliff finished with a PLUS (+1), despite not recording a point. I guess because we scored 6 goals and lost?

I'm sure someone who understands hockey statistics more than me can explain this.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by UHhky View Post

5 2 2
                  2 3 2
                  0 1 0

5-2-2 Long
                  2-3-2 Evin
                  0-1-0 Bessette

C'mon 'Gate....that was an easy one!!!
                  Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                    Sure it's a game we should have won, being up 2 with less than 5 minutes to go.
                    I've heard THAT story before
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                      I've heard THAT story before
                      Go away! You back-stabbing traitor...

And I mean it in the nicest way possible.
                      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        Also, looking at the boxscore ... why did all of our players have a "negative" rating in the +/- statistic?
                        +/- is for even strength goals. 4 of our 6 goals were PP goals so the players on the ice don't get a + or - .

I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that if a team gets a short handed goal then those players get a + while the other team's players get a minus.

Comment

Gate Radio

Could you please let us know what the correct times are in Chicago. Both EST and Chicago time would be helpful.

Thanks

Comment

1/2 - 7:05 pm EST, 6:05 pm CST, Colgate vs. Notre Dame
                            1/3 - 4:05 pm EST, 3:05 pm CST, Colgate vs. North Dakota or Niagara

The Sunday game time is set in stone because Notre Dame is playing the late game both nights.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                              1/2 - 7:05 pm EST, 6:05 pm CST, Colgate vs. Notre Dame
                              1/3 - 4:05 pm EST, 3:05 pm CST, Colgate vs. North Dakota or Niagara

The Sunday game time is set in stone because Notre Dame is playing the late game both nights.
                              Thanks for the Above info. Will Mac be back in the line-up for Chicago trip. Is his lower body injury on the mend, and was it caused in the RIT game by chance ?

Merry X-mas
                              Last edited by doghok; 12-24-2009, 06:55 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

I have known all those answers but not sure if it's in his best interest to say ! He has been hurt and playing since the RIT game though.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X