This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

Gees...Cornell has beaten the same two teams and are third in the nation.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Yeah, agree. I love how Cornell is perennially ranked in October in the top 10 or top 5 with a 0-0 record. Has to be that pro-Cornell, anti-Colgate ECAC sports writer's bias...
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Gees...Cornell has beaten the same two teams and are third in the nation.
        Not only the same ECAC teams, but the same non-conference too.
        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Couple things as I come out of a brief weekend bout with the regular flu (not H1N1) that hit me hard after the Dartmouth game on Saturday. Thankfully as of now I'm just about back to 100%.

I spoke with the folks at Athletic Communications last night and the problem with the All-Access video (for home events) is going to be addressed (i.e. hopefully fixed) this week. The people that handle this stuff are supposedly going to iron out all the technical stuff and the video should be back to normal for the Quinnipiac/Princeton weekend prior to Thanksgiving. The issue is on our end so there's no need to upgrade your computers. But, for those of you that have Time Warner, the Quinnipiac game will be on TV.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned it, but congratulations to Bruce Crowley on winning this year's Silver Puck. In my brief time with Colgate, I don't think I've met anyone as quite as passionate about the school and the program as Bruce. His enthusiasm rubs off on everyone and it's a joy to have him around. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Yale on Saturday night leading the cheers in the Colgate section amidst a sea of blue from the Yale folks.

For those not making the trip and listening online, I just recorded an interview with the ECAC Hockey commissioner Steve Hagwell. We talk about the move to Atlantic City, the current state of the league, and possible expansion/contraction among other topics. I imagine it will run on Saturday.

Comment

Gutcheck time....Big weekend coming as we need to beat an improving Brown squad (something we've had a hard time doing lately). We're off to an ok start but nothing short of a split this weekend will keep us up in the standings.

Looking at the schedule after next weekend no home games for two months ! Maybe we can get a crowd...will the stoogents still be here ?

Also...Smith is on pace for the 25 goals I forecast for him earlier, still don't think he gets enough press. Anyone know anything about Larkin's cond ? Big blow if we lose him !

Comment

Looking at the schedule after next weekend no home games for two months ! Maybe we can get a crowd...will the stoogents still be here ?
              Yeah, they'll still be around as the university *insists* that classes be held the Mon. and Tues. before Thanksgiving. (the only schools that I know of that give students the whole week off are West Virginia and UConn)

Anyone know anything about Larkin's cond ? Big blow if we lose him !
              Still no news. The game notes are up for this weekend at gocolgateraiders.com, and all it says about him is that he was ECAC Rookie of the Week. I've still got an unpleasant feeling about his condition though.

Anyone making the trip to New England this weekend? I will definitely be at the Brown game on Friday (I live only 20 min. from Providence), and maybe at the Yale game depending on travel and ticket situations. Brown will be no pushover, we went 0-1-1 against them last year and haven't beaten them on the road since 2005. I'm not too concerned about Yale, as we went 1-1 against them last year, but we can't overlook either team.

P.S. the Brown game is on Friday the 13th (Colgate Day). Wear your Colgate attire! We lost the last Colgate Day game (3-2 @ Harvard last Feb.), but I've got a better feeling about this year.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                Brown will be no pushover, we went 0-1-1 against them last year and haven't beaten them on the road since 2005. I'm not too concerned about Yale, as we went 1-1 against them last year, but we can't overlook either team.
                Rainman: NOT TOO CONCERNED ABOUT YALE? They are the preseason pick to win the league, and you're not worried? It's payback time for last year's debacle - perhaps the worst loss in recent 'Gate hockey history. It was that come-from-behind win that turned their season around and helped make them eventual champions!

Brown will be tough. I'd be happy with three points coming out of this w/e.

Comment

Also...Smith is on pace for the 25 goals I forecast for him earlier, still don't think he gets enough press.

While I agree in theory, I also think Smith is a great player as well. However, he is a sophomore whom has been fortunate to play in his freshman year with some skilled players. When he wasn't with Mac last year, his point production deminished substantially after x-mas up until the Quinny series..

When they switced him back a few weeks ago to the top line, his production went back up, as he is a very good finisher around the net. Smith also see's the ice well, and that will make the top line produce more frequently.

I my humble opinion, underclassmen don't usually get the same press as the upperclassmen. If Smith can produce well without the contribution of his current line-mates, then he will become a strong leader in his upperclassmen years.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    Rainman: NOT TOO CONCERNED ABOUT YALE?
                    Well of course I'm concerned about Yale, what I meant to say was I'm MORE concerned about Brown. Why? Because we haven't beaten them on the road in 4 years. But the Bulldogs (IMO) are still the team to beat, and after that 5-4 OT loss I had nightmares about it for about 2 weeks. Plus, I couldn't even watch or think about hockey (including NHL) for that time period as well.

What I was really trying to say was that we gotta take it 1 game at a time. We can't overlook the Bears while thinking about trying to steal 2 pts from the Bulldogs. Should be a fun weekend.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Great news...Larkin's injury is not as bad as thought. He is questionable for this weekend. Price is banged up also...if they both can't go it will be a real struggle.

Comment

Good to hear that our drafted frosh D-men are not seriously injured in the same manner that Poplawski was last year. But at least 1 of them will need to play in each game this weekend, or else we'll only be dressing 5 D-men. Hopefully Leidl is okay, as he did not play in either of the 2 games last weekend.

I will be at both games this weekend (I bought a ticket for the Yale game last week through the Colgate ticket office -- got it in the mail today ). Will post a review of the Brown game Friday night, and a review of the Yale game sometime Sunday or Monday.

Go 'Gate! Beat Brown and Yale!
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Looks like the complaints re lack of press coverage got heard! Headed to the game this evening so I will be able to confirm or deny rainman's impressions

Comment

Great news...Larkin's injury is not as bad as thought. He is questionable for this weekend. Price is banged up also...if they both can't go it will be a real struggle.

Comment

WHEW!!!! Good win for the Raiders...nice that Corbin get his first collegiate goal. Also nice to hear we were setting up some screens that resulted in goals!!!!! Congrats, guys. Go 'Gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice win tonight. A lot of firepower. A shame to lose the shutout and then stagger a bit in the 3rd before righting the ship but the key is we did and we won. On another subject, I was looking at the Middlebury roster a minute ago and found Jak Knelman listed as a soph forward from Holy Angles in Edina Minn. Small world. Glad he's back in college hockey probably better suited for Div 3 than Div 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X