• Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-10 D1 Pick-em'

3 people picked UAA to win the WCHA?
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
      Colgate lost 5 starting d men and finished 10th in the league last season. I dont recall any team having much success with as much youth as gate will have on the blueline this coming season.
      Colgate was missing 2 top defenceman to injuries last year, both returning this season, and 2 of the four incoming defenceman are high NHL draft-picks.

Colgate set a record last year with 19 ties during there season, which could of easily turned into a something much higher in the standings.

Up front, well, there is some highly talented individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by doghok View Post
        Colgate was missing 2 top defenceman to injuries last year, both returning this season, and 2 of the four incoming defenceman are high NHL draft-picks.

Colgate set a record last year with 19 ties during there season, which could of easily turned into a something much higher in the standings.

How many ties? collegehockeystats.net has their record at 12-18-7 last year.

Also, picking Brown 9th? Something just smells funny about that prediction.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Colgate played 19 OT games last season. 6-6-7 in OT you do the math !!
          Last edited by sshablak; 08-31-2009, 07:17 AM.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
            I think picking BC first is a stretch.
            So where are your picks?
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Colgate played 19 OT games last season. 6-6-7 in OT you do the math !!
              I apologize. My bad. I should have realized when he said ties that he obviously meant OT games. I'll work on that telepathy thing.

And, since posting our picks is the popular thing to do: Here's my ECAC picks.
              1. Princeton
              2. Cornell
              3. Yale
              4. Quinnipiac
              5. Dartmouth
              6. Harvard
              7. St. Lawrence
              8. RPI
              9. Union
              10. Colgate
              11. Clarkson
              12. Brown

Hmm. Maybe I should put some Liberty League teams up towards the top.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                Colgate lost 5 starting d men and finished 10th in the league last season. I dont recall any team having much success with as much youth as gate will have on the blueline this coming season.
                Not true, Miami had 4 freshman defenseman 1 sophmore and 1 senior last season and played for the title. Granted they had one of the top offenses in the country returning and colgate doesnt, but as far as youth on the back end it has been done.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by doghok View Post

not sure what a defenceman is but getting two DEFENSEMEN back off injury will help, but you still need to score more consistantly.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    Hey not a bad idea. I've been thinking of a variation on that feature - without spoiling the most likely coincidence of picking CHA alphabetically.
                    Hey thanks for doing this, havent seen this before and it is a pretty neat concept.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      not sure what a defenceman is but getting two DEFENSEMEN back off injury will help, but you still need to score more consistantly.
                      A defenceman is a defenseman from Canada.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        A defenceman is a defenseman from Canada.
                        well then I stand corrected lol

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          Not true, Miami had 4 freshman defenseman 1 sophmore and 1 senior last season and played for the title. Granted they had one of the top offenses in the country returning and colgate doesnt, but as far as youth on the back end it has been done.
                          I would have to say that the Miami situation is the exception rather than the norm and NYHOCKEYGUY's point is true the majority of the time.
                          I see colgate having some success at home when they can get the line match-ups they want but they will struggle on the road when opposing coaches send out their best defensive lines against McIntyre`s line and put their top offensive lines out against gates weakest defensive pairings.

Comment

Only three weeks (or 21 days, if you like) until RPI and UMass get it started!

See posting #1 and "Click" to Play -
                            53 have picked so far.
                            Last edited by owslachief; 09-18-2009, 06:44 AM.

Comment

6 more days to change or add your picks (see Post #1).

FYI - By this time the app's kind of slow - it takes a few seconds for the page to come up, see someone else's picks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                                Well he has Duluth 8th, and to be honest, even with Stalock and Sharp, they finished 7th last year. 8th might be a little low, but not crazy.
                                Up until the last month of the season, did any of you guys even know who Sharp was? Or even up until the playoffs for that matter? No, because he DIDN'T do anything. He was a middle of the pack scorer who caught fire at the end of the season. If he played the way he did in the playoffs all year, we most definitely would not have finished 7th. Fontaine was our main point getter last year for almost the entire season til the last couple of games. 3 of our top 4 scorers are still on the team. I do understand that just looking at the stats and not following the team for the whole season would make it seem like it's a huge loss, but as far as the regular season is concerned, it's not really.
                                "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Working...
                                X