Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hockey News Ranks College Jerseys

PC doesn't wear those jerseys any more.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
      I didn't know how much in bugged me until the PA guy kept saying it during the Frozen Four... although by the last two goals I don't care what he could have called us.
      There must be someone pretty high up at BU not too bothered by it... seeing as basically every teams game jersey / sweater / shirt / uni etc just says "Boston" and not "Boston University"

Comment

As far as jerseys go... I have to say that I love the Merrimack yellow ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          As far as jerseys go... I have to say that I love the Merrimack yellow ones.
          Very similar in style and execution as the classic Habs sweater. That's never a bad thing.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
            Yeah... if you follow the link to the poll for voting BU is listed as "Boston." ...Clearly not an informed bunch over there at THN.
            I'm biased, naturally, but there were a lot of people in this forum who were equally perplexed when THN deemed Puckman the worst logo in the ECAC (behind, oddly enough, a Green D, two Red Cs, and an Orange P), when most of the community thinks Puckman is one of the best in the nation.

I'd thought THN was garbage on college hockey before that, but that really cooked their goose with me.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I'm biased, naturally, but there were a lot of people in this forum who were equally perplexed when THN deemed Puckman the worst logo in the ECAC (behind, oddly enough, a Green D, two Red Cs, and an Orange P), when most of the community thinks Puckman is one of the best in the nation.

I'd thought THN was garbage on college hockey before that, but that really cooked their goose with me.
              I can't believe we're agreeing on something, but that's just horrible. Puckman is awesome.

Comment

Yeah... if you follow the link to the poll for voting BU is listed as "Boston." ...Clearly not an informed bunch over there at THN.
                The use of Boston for BU seems to be increasing. Here is a series of pictures form the FF where BU is always referred to as the Boston Terriers.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW when it comes to the "Boston" debate, I've seen a lot of America East (you know, our primary conference) publications that just say "Boston", although most say "Boston U."
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    The use of Boston for BU seems to be increasing. Here is a series of pictures form the FF where BU is always referred to as the Boston Terriers.
                    A lot of the national championship apparel also simply said "Boston".
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      To be fair absolutely everything that guy said was incredibly annoying
                      Oh, if only you'd had a chance to see a baseball game in Nats park too... ALL of the PAs in DC are incredibely annoying... really... something has to be done.

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      A lot of the national championship apparel also simply said "Boston".
                      Maybe the administration is up to something...
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        FWIW when it comes to the "Boston" debate, I've seen a lot of America East (you know, our primary conference) publications that just say "Boston", although most say "Boston U."

What the hell is the "America East" what other powerhouses are in that conference?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Very similar in style and execution as the classic Habs sweater. That's never a bad thing.
                          Yup... thats what makes them so cool! (Even though I am a Bruins Fan first and foremost)

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
                          What the hell is the "America East" what other powerhouses are in that conference?
                          Come on... we have Stony Brook and University of Maryland Baltimore County!

Maybe the administration is up to something...
                          I dont know... I think it's been that way for a long time...
                          Last edited by ericredaxe; 08-25-2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                            No Notre Dame bias here. Their football team is probably ranked top five too.
                            It really does get old.
                            no offense to Notre Dame fans but your jersey are butt ugly. Your school has terrible colors that don't go together and the Font on the front of the jerseys is brutal. I would put Noter Dame probably dead last, not sure how they ended up 1st but whatever.

P.S. Join a conference for football ***... oh yeah you would get worked in the big ten or big east thats right...
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

I actually really like the Notre Dame jerseys- if only for the fact that they have (what I assume is) the school's academic emblem as a shoulder patch. I think that's cool. I wish UW would do something similar. Maybe not with our regular jerseys, but it'd be awesome to see our academic "sheild" emblem incorporated to our third jerseys. Traditionally, you can't possibly make our thirds any uglier.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                I actually really like the Notre Dame jerseys- if only for the fact that they have (what I assume is) the school's academic emblem as a shoulder patch. I think that's cool. I wish UW would do something similar. Maybe not with our regular jerseys, but it'd be awesome to see our academic "sheild" emblem incorporated to our third jerseys. Traditionally, you can't possibly make our thirds any uglier.
                                with the exception of last years 3rd jersey... I haven't seen anything about htis years 3rd jersey yet but the shield would be a neat idea, or a motion W like the womens team has...
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X