Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Here is a question... with the late addition of the fenway game... and all the hype sure to surround it.... i wonder if BU is now wishing Red Hot Hockey was next season instead?
    Cornell will still dominate that event in attendance like they did two years ago, and local NY BU alums will still go to RHH for sure. I will probably still sell out. I love the high profile schedule.
    Last edited by candycanes99; 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

I picked up 6 in Field Box 37, 4 in F and 2 in E. I hope I'm high enough to at least see the ice I hear the $15 seats are 'limited view' Hopefully that just means I'll have to look past Baldwin's big head to see the game

Go Terriers!
      Burn the bats!

Yes, I said bats. No, it's not a typo. YES, it's a bad pun. No, it's not funny. I'm sorry. It's just that my backspace key is broken.

Carry on.

GO BU!

Comment

Aha - just checked a few minutes ago, and they've charged me. I called the office just to make sure, and the reason why it took a bit, apparently, was b/c I had requested to move to section 114 from 112, where I was last season. Great success (borat)!

Also, for fenway, my buddy wasn't able to purchase 4 at a time for sections Loge 120-130...So he ended up with Grandstand 25, which is a little to the left. I'm ok with that!

Comment

Nobody else wants them great seats on the 3rd base side??? More elevation and closer to the rink, not to mention seats that face center ice
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Nobody else wants them great seats on the 3rd base side??? More elevation and closer to the rink, not to mention seats that face center ice
            Face it Mook. Nobody is as brave as you.

BU Hockey: Frozen Fenway Frank
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Not a neighborhood I want to be caught in after dark. But then, I'm not quite the diplomat you seem to be.

I just bought two in section 9. Finding more than two in a row wasn't happening if I wanted an actual view of the rink. I have 6 friends asking for tickets, so I think I'll take my chances with the 9/17 public sale. If those front row CF bleacher seats are cheap-ish, they might not be a bad ticket. Distant, but with an elevated view of the whole rink.
              Go BU!

Comment

Does anyone know if they will have lots allowing tailgating? Wouldn't mind backing the truck up and sparking up the grill pregame.
                Go BU!

Comment

doubt any of the gas stations that charge $50 for parking want grills firing away on their premises.
                  lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                    Does anyone know if they will have lots allowing tailgating? Wouldn't mind backing the truck up and sparking up the grill pregame.
                    yeah there's really not much around there in the way of space for tailgating. the only spacious lot nearby is that oneon beacon right after you go over the mass pike and im not sure they'd allow that.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Tailgating's not allowed in any lot for Sox games, so I doubt they'll change that rule for the hockey games.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking of that lot off Beacon. Seems unlikely now that I think of it. Too bad, I was going to give free rost bratwurst from Karl's Sausage Kitchen to anyone wearing a BU sweater.

At least we are guaranteed to get a well prepared Kayem hot dog instead of the travesty that Agganis serves.
                        Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                          Yeah, I was thinking of that lot off Beacon. Seems unlikely now that I think of it. Too bad, I was going to give free rost bratwurst from Karl's Sausage Kitchen to anyone wearing a BU sweater.

At least we are guaranteed to get a well prepared Kayem hot dog instead of the travesty that Agganis serves.
                          probably can't fire up a grill in the back of your pickup, but you can open a cooler with sangys and soda and pre-game on bay state road drop a puck and pass/shoot back and forth on the "icy snowy" road, just watch out for passing traffic
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This should be a really cool experience- I was able to buy a block of 30 tickets by calling the ticket office directly. Me and a bunch of my med school friends will be in Section 114, so if you want to drop by and help me teach them the BU cheers- I'd appreciate the help.
                            BU '05, '08, '12

Comment

Looks like according to the seating diagram, the BC/NU seats have already sold out, and now have opened up seating in the bleachers for both groups.

I'm not really surprised since this is an unique event at popular Fenway. I'm sure the early offer went out to BC football & basketball season ticket holders which offer more of a greater overall fanbase than BU has. I'm sure BU will sell out soon enough.

http://www.tickets.com/fenwayhockey/

Comment

I'm in the VWR now. I got the alumni e-mail for the presale....

....and, I just discovered, also received an e-mail about the previous presale. It went to my spam folder because I previously marked Agganis Arena e-mails as spam. I was tired of getting too many e-mails about crappy concerts and events.

Boooooooooo to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X