Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    gj
    Bookmarked. And not just a regular buried bookmark, a genuine bookmark toolbar bookmark. That's kinda a big deal around my laptop.
    Go BU!

Comment

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Go Flyers. That is all.

Comment

Somehow my business travel schedule just so happens to have me in Boston the week of the ND game...need a little advice on procuring a ticket(s)...won't be there until the evening of the 20th so unless there are scalpers outside I need to do something from afar in advance of the game.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Driving to Baltimore 2 weekends ago...car in front of me has the big orange O for the Orioles on the right side of their hatch... on the left..?...a big BU Terrier decal of Rhett with the spiked collar. Didn't know they made them that big.
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
          Somehow my business travel schedule just so happens to have me in Boston the week of the ND game...need a little advice on procuring a ticket(s)...won't be there until the evening of the 20th so unless there are scalpers outside I need to do something from afar in advance of the game.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Driving to Baltimore 2 weekends ago...car in front of me has the big orange O for the Orioles on the right side of their hatch... on the left..?...a big BU Terrier decal of Rhett with the spiked collar. Didn't know they made them that big.
          i have one (of course, you have to then sit with me). (weeknights, tough to get a kid in after school )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So, as an aside, how does one root for the rangers without rooting for Boyle?
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
              Go Flyers. That is all.
              Go Caps... but maybe we shouldn't start this conversation.

I, for one, could not be more pumped for tomorrow right now... I was just bombarded by a group of drunk Northeastern students doing Husky chants (I live across the street from Matthews) an it seems to have riled my mood for tomorrow night a bit.

Interesting news: It seems as if all the 108 sports pass tickets for the U-18 game have been picked up, which is a great sign, maybe we will indeed get a full house!
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Also... I noticed CHN was very insistent on spelling Max's name NiCastro, with a capital C... any truth to this? I've only seen Nicastro up until now...

And I know CHN has a reputation for being wrong.
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                  Also... I noticed CHN was very insistent on spelling Max's name NiCastro, with a capital C... any truth to this? I've only seen Nicastro up until now...

And I know CHN has a reputation for being wrong.
                  Definitely Nicastro.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Is tonight's game on WWZN as well as WTBU?
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Is tonight's game on WWZN as well as WTBU?
                      Neither of the exhibition games are on WWZN. Also, The Boston Hockey Blog will be live blogging tonight's game, and every other game (unless we're at a rink where we don't get internet access - looking at you, Merrimack ).
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Here's another recommendation for Candycanes' DVD. Great work. However, watching it did make me pretty sad - all it did was reinforce the fact that we're never going to have a more successful season.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          Here's another recommendation for Candycanes' DVD. Great work. However, watching it did make me pretty sad - all it did was reinforce the fact that we're never going to have a more successful season.
                          It was a perfect season, winning every tournament and every major individual award, going undefeated against BC (ending their season too) and beating every team we played. so yeah, BU can't top that unless they go undefeated for the whole year. I don't think that's anything to feel sad about. Another national championship will make us all feel pretty good, even if they don't get every single accolade along the way like they did in 08-09.
                          Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

If you've seen any AUS teams before, there will be similarities. Visors, not full face protection. Older and often bigger than NCAA players, but not as quick. X plays with a bit of an edge, and are one of the more physical teams in the AUS, and a typical hard working team.

Of course, there are no NHL first round and second rounders playing in CIS teams ...[/QUOTE]

I am in a time warp. When I think SFX I think of the time back in the 60's when their star was Chi Chi Farenzina (sp)! Believe it or not, one of my neighbors is a graduate of SFX and his daughter goes there now.

CD

Comment

Lines & pairings for tonight

Connolly-Bonino-Gilroy
                              Cohen-Trivino-Chiasson
                              Glass Popko Pereira
                              Courtnall Megan Santana

Escobedo Gryba
                              Rosen Shattenkirk
                              Warsofsky Nicastro

Millan
                              Krause

Scratches
                              Saponaris --there was a death in the family.
                              C.Cohen and Rollie resting injuries.
                              Gaudet

Assuming that Colby takes Rosen's spot next week, I really like these pairings.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                i have one (of course, you have to then sit with me). (weeknights, tough to get a kid in after school )
                                I'd be honored. If you have an extra I'd be glad to purchase it ... it would be great to sit with someone I sorta know. I'll buy the beers.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X