Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    This may not be of any help and may in fact be something you already knew, but I just found out that you can get tickets with someone else's ID. My roommate to whom I'm whoring out my sports pass just used my ID to pick up a ticket w/o me there.
    The rule says you cannot, so it depends on the mood/pickiness of the person who helps you at the ticket office.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
      The rule says you cannot, so it depends on the mood/pickiness of the person who helps you at the ticket office.
      I have never seen them refuse someone for that, I have however seen people be repeatedly rejected for trying to get one ticket each from two different ID's that are not theirs.

Comment

A question to the people who picked up a ticket without a sports pass but used their BU id. Did they still have to swipe your id or did you just have to show them your id?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          I have never seen them refuse someone for that, I have however seen people be repeatedly rejected for trying to get one ticket each from two different ID's that are not theirs.
          Yeah, back in my day, you could bring your own ID and one friend's.

Also, has anyone not received their season tickets in the mail yet? I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Comment

Depends on the game, but I've bought tickets out front from scalpers for $10 and $15 5 minutes before game time. More than once I have given away an extra ticket right in front of the ticket office when I realized I couldn't use it. I've also received free tickets the same way. Unreliable, but it happens all the time.
            Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              Yeah, back in my day, you could bring your own ID and one friend's.

Also, has anyone not received their season tickets in the mail yet? I'm starting to get a little nervous.
              I haven't. Again. 3 of 4 years.
              *sigh* Calling Agganis tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                I haven't. Again. 3 of 4 years.
                *sigh* Calling Agganis tomorrow.
                I was at the ticket office today and someone in front of me in line asked about this. The rep said that they hadn't sent them out yet but were going to be sending them sometime this week.
                GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                  I was at the ticket office today and someone in front of me in line asked about this. The rep said that they hadn't sent them out yet but were going to be sending them sometime this week.
                  I got mine as well as two others in the group I got tickets with. Mine were sent to my home address in CT even though I told them not to, but nonetheless, they were sent to me last week.
                  time to write new history

Comment

Pretty psyched to announce the launching of The Boston Hockey Blog.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Has practice started yet?
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Has Wilson made the Predators?
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I believe the first official day of practice is Saturday, which is the day of the exhibition game.

And I got my tickets. Was at the arena for a meeting on Tuesday and picked them up. They're smaller this year. Well, for Premium Seat holders. They're really nice though. And the parking passes are teeny, like tickets instead of the passes that you could hang from your rearview mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            The team has been "unofficially" skating for several weeks, with the NCAA mandated 4 man to a coach and then max 2 hours per week team skates being started a week or so ago...

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              I got mine as well as two others in the group I got tickets with. Mine were sent to my home address in CT even though I told them not to, but nonetheless, they were sent to me last week.
                              Just got off the phone with them. They sent mine to my old address, even though I asked them when I should change my address with them to avoid this happening, and they told me to do it on September 1, when I moved, because nothing would be mailed by then. But apparently they sent the info to the printer in the middle of August and the tickets come straight from the printer. Morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                Pretty psyched to announce the launching of The Boston Hockey Blog.
                                cool.

much like i asked scarlet to do the same for FOH... i'd suggest you get a BHB twitter set up and tweet me when you have new stuff up, so i can clicky right over on the phone while i try to keep from dozing off at work
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X