Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Who did we get?

Edit: Draft Picks... thats not too exciting!
    I'm pretty excited about two firsts and a second. I honestly don't think Kessel's worth that much.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I'm pretty excited about two firsts and a second. I honestly don't think Kessel's worth that much.
      Yeah, it's too bad he had to go but I think this will be very good for the Bruins in the long run, obviously depending on how the next two drafts play out.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        address on the cover letter and name on the FOH form were correct. the mistake (as noted all over) was in the salutation.

right under

Mr Mookie Mookie
        222 x street
        exexter ma 20095

Dear George,

They got my name wrong too, but at least now I'm a Dr.!

Comment

If you have MSG (the network, not the seasoning), the Rangers are playing the Bruins. #97 is playing and not looking out of place.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
            They got my name wrong too, but at least now I'm a Dr.!
            My envelope was right, but the letter was to "Mr. and Mrs. Smolinksy."

Wish I could claim that honor, as I'm sure he's a great guy. I wonder who they got . . . an hope this isn't an omen of things to come.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              If you have MSG (the network, not the seasoning), the Rangers are playing the Bruins. #97 is playing and not looking out of place.
              Gilroy is looking absolutely great out there. Single-handedly broke up a 3-on-1, has made a couple nice rushes, he's been patient with the puck and he just picked up an assist after taking the puck down the boards, stopping on a dime behind the net and centering a pass to Kotalik.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Gilroy is looking absolutely great out there. Single-handedly broke up a 3-on-1, has made a couple nice rushes, he's been patient with the puck and he just picked up an assist after taking the puck down the boards, stopping on a dime behind the net and centering a pass to Kotalik.
                Can't find record of that assist, was it the first goal of the game? Maybe they incorrectly credited it to Del Zotto, or was a goal called off?
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  Can't find record of that assist, was it the first goal of the game? Maybe they incorrectly credited it to Del Zotto, or was a goal called off?
                  It was the 4th goal. They actually just changed the second assist to Prospal, which I don't understand because I didn't see Prospal ever touch the puck. It went from Gilroy to Kotalik and then Lisin tipped it in. Regardless of whether or not Gilroy gets credit for an assist, he created the chance.

Comment

Just watched 'canes highlight reel last night.
                    Awesomeness of the the third degree! Thanks for doing it.

Funny how many goals and saves I remember from that season.
                    I guess the level of play from the start of the season (Michigan game) made it worth paying close attention.

A couple of things jumped out after watching this;
                    1. Bonino is a hell of a shooter and our best hope for the future.
                    2. Yes, Wilson and Gilroy really, really were transcendentally great college players.
                    3. Higgins and Lawrence; did they make an "I'll pass to you if you pass to me and we'll score every second goal for the team, ok?" kinda pact?
                    4. Millan got so much better through the season.
                    5. Brandon Yip, generous playmaker (who knew?).

Last year's team was lightning in a bottle. So many things came together to make the championship.

This year, if they are in the top 3 in the regular season HE, compete strongly for the HE championship in the tourney, win the Beanpot and win at least one NCAA game, I'll take that as a *very* successful season.

Comment

It was the 4th goal. They actually just changed the second assist to Prospal, which I don't understand because I didn't see Prospal ever touch the puck. It went from Gilroy to Kotalik and then Lisin tipped it in. Regardless of whether or not Gilroy gets credit for an assist, he created the chance.
                      Yep, that goal would not have happened with any other Ranger Dman- all Gilroy there.

Just got home from the game ($17 tickets!) and Gilroy looked very good. When he gets more comfortable with his responsibilities and can start acting more instinctively, he could be a dynamic offensive force. So smooth and great vision.

I enjoyed watching Matt position B. Boyle near the end of the game.

And the HE display at the Garden outside of section 16 is looking especially sharp this year.
                      Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                        Just watched 'canes highlight reel last night.
                        Awesomeness of the the third degree! Thanks for doing it.
                        No problem! Really glad you enjoyed it!
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                          As far as our job goes, I hope we have the place packed. I don't want to see an empty 108 for this game.
                          Well they'll be at least one person over there...
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

[QUOTE=

Last year's team was lightning in a bottle. So many things came together to make the championship.

This year, if they are in the top 3 in the regular season HE, compete strongly for the HE championship in the tourney, win the Beanpot and win at least one NCAA game, I'll take that as a *very* successful season.[/QUOTE]

And BEAT BC @ Fenway!

Comment

Obviously who ever was in charge of the Friends of Hockey mailing completely effed it up. It's easy to screw up a match-mailing, but that is why you ALWAYS check letters to envelopes before sending. They really should re-do the entire mailing and apologize for the error.

BU Hockey: Good at Hockey, Bad at Mail
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

It sounds like the mail merge file simply got sorted w/o the salutation field selected. Not good, but not as bad as putting the wrong letter into an envelope. No real personal information was given out to people.

I have no problem with FOH wasting their money instead of using it on BU's hockey program :-), but do you really want them to waste money on a second mailing (postage/stationery) just to fix a salutation? You must be a mighty sensitive person to need an apology. (Note - if FOH has a newsletter or some other mailer regularly scheduled to go out, an acknowledgement of the error would be appropriate.)

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X