Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Was he wearing a black jacket and white colored hat turned backwards? Because I saw a taller kid wearing a Jr. Bruins hat sitting with his parents for the first part of the game last night. Later during the game he took off with a couple friends, one of whom was wearing a Northwoods hockey sweatshirt.
    Colin Stevens, a goalie from Niskayuna, plays for the Jr Bruins Empire League team. He has been mentioned here before as being interested in RPI among others. He's a '93 and 6'2". He's currently a HS soph.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Colin Stevens, a goalie from Niskayuna, plays for the Jr Bruins Empire League team. He has been mentioned here before as being interested in RPI among others. He's a '93 and 6'2". He's currently a HS soph.
      It was definately a Jr. Bruins hat. Had the spoked B with a bear wrapping his arms around the top of the logo.

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=4373

Im almost certain it was Stevens.

Comment

It was definately a Jr. Bruins hat. Had the spoked B with a bear wrapping his arms around the top of the logo.

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=4373

Im almost certain it was Stevens.
        Since when is Niskayuna in Massachusetts? BTW, the Jr Bruins website says he is a soph. I wonder if he really is a soph and not a junior since he was born in 1993.

An earlier post here http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ns#post4403918 said that QU and Union are also interested. More recent info adds Dartmouth http://www.thescoutingnews.com/scout...3982&Itemid=54. He can control rebounds -- we need that.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
          There were also several players from Salisbury School in attendance - they were dressed in suits but one had a Salisbury hat on and they moved as a group. I believe the one with the hat was #24, but Salisbury has no current roster up on their site (last year's #24 was a senior so I'm not sure if it was him. If it was the same kid, it was former alternate captain Victor Heselton.)
          According to USHR, Salisbury is actually playing at HFH today at 3:45pm against Pomfret. I believe its part of the Salisbury Thanksgiving College Showcase being put on by Union and RPI this weekend.

Comment

you guys don't miss much Everyone thanks for playing Sherlock Holmes with possible recruits.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              you guys don't miss much Everyone thanks for playing Sherlock Holmes with possible recruits.
              I never notice these things, but when I spotted the kid with parents shaking hands with Montgomery before the game my curiosity was certainly piqued.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

On Sunday, the Kingston Kimco Voyageurs beat the Brampton Capitals 6-1. Brock Higgs had an interference penalty. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1076424

Higgs' line is now 21-9-16-25-36.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Sunday, the Burlington Cougars beat the St. Michaels Buzzers 8-6. Patrick Koudys had an assist and hooking and interference penalties. He was named #3 star. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...?gameid=108989

Koudys's line is now 28-4-17-21-24.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Sunday, the Orangeville Crushers lost to the North York Rangers 9-3. Nick Quinn had a holding stick penalty. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1189986

Quinn's Orangeville line is 11-1-1-2-6.
                    His total line is now 21-3-8-11-12.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to USHR, Salisbury is actually playing at HFH today at 3:45pm against Pomfret. I believe its part of the Salisbury Thanksgiving College Showcase being put on by Union and RPI this weekend.
                      Ah, that would explain the guys I saw wearing Pomfret jackets at last night's game.

Yeah, I thought Stevens looked a little young yet to be much older than a sophomore or junior in high school (at least from the distance we spotted him from).

Comment

Code:
                        Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        24-30-23- 53- 14 12/03/09
                        Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   21- 9-16- 25- 36 12/04/09
                        Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         30- 9-10- 19- 36 12/01/09
                        Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           18- 3- 9- 12- 24 12/03/09
                        Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                                 Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  11- 1- 1-  2-  6 12/04/09
                                                 Total                        21- 3- 8- 11- 12
                        Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    28- 4-17- 21- 24 12/04/09

2010 women
                        Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              10- 7- 8- 15-  0 12/27/09
                        Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           12- 0- 4-  4- 24 12/10/09 missing 2 games
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          http://www.hawkesburyhawks.com/en/ne....php?search=97

It sounds like the league is more concerned about what Yanik's teammates might do to Blunden than what happened to Yanik. It's good to see that he may be back in the lineup soon, but I hope that they are not rushing it.
                          Yanik Laliberte played both Friday and Sunday scoring a goal and an assist.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            ... I'm kind of puzzled by the excitement over Higgs. He seems like a good but not great player in a pretty bad league...
                            Well it's the same league (albeit having been reshuffled in the off-season) where some kid named Pirri came out of...along with a boatload of other D1 kids, so they're doing something right in development. I think I'll trust Appert and Monty in their ability to recruit forwards.

My guess is that the excitement has something to do with descriptions indicating that Higgs plays with an edge and excels at mixing things up in front of the net that has people eager to see him in Troy...
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Sorry, I'm late to the party on the recruit stuff...I was shepherding relatives at the game and didn't have time spy and post. The Salisbury tourney was indeed this past weekend. Along with Pomfret, others in the tourney were: Kimball Union, Upper Canada College, Delbarton and Culver.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today the roster for Team East at the 2009 CJHL Prospects Event. From December 7th – 9th, 2009 the community of Winkler and the province of Manitoba will host the Canadian Junior Hockey League and the 5th Annual CJHL Prospects Game.

http://cjhlhockey.com/news/news_detail.html?newsID=98

RPI recruits Nick Quinn and Brock Higgs were both selected to participate for Team East.

Comment

Working...
                                X