Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He seems good, but not that good. IMHO, both Laliberte and Higgs are significantly better. That's probably the bottom line. I too would like to get a legacy, but getting the best players possible seems more important.
    Thanks Ralph-I just had no info on him and he did not seem to be heavily scouted.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Thanks Ralph-I just had no info on him and he did not seem to be heavily scouted.
      Another thought is that Wicked mentioned that he saw Jooris at the Niagara game. http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=627 Perhaps Jooris had a discussion with SA at that time and decided that RPI's final offer was insufficient.

None of this is based on any knowledge of what actually happened.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another thought is that Wicked mentioned that he saw Jooris at the Niagara game. http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=627 Perhaps Jooris had a discussion with SA at that time and decided that RPI's final offer was insufficient.

None of this is based on any knowledge of what actually happened.
        Possibly. I think if SA really wanted him and set his sights on him-he would have had the inside track and got him. He must have been on the back burner (if he was on the stove at all )

Comment

Should we have been interested? Was he scholarship worthy? I don't know anything about him but it would have been nice to have a legacy on the roster I suppose.
          IIRC, he's leading his team in scoring which is nothing to sneeze at. His father is an ahtletic trainer and a coach specializing in face-off technique...so my guess is he is in very good shape and has great hockey smarts. But as RB has mentioned here repeatedly, the scholly money account for '10 has to be in the red.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

From USHR:
            Other schools in the mix were St. Lawrence, RPI, Dartmouth, Yale, Quinnipiac, and Providence College.
            A parent's worst dream...all those world class universities and the kid chooses a state school in HE...
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              But as RB has mentioned here repeatedly, the scholly money account for '10 has to be in the red.
              and we probably still need one more defenseman
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                IIRC, he's leading his team in scoring which is nothing to sneeze at. His father is an ahtletic trainer and a coach specializing in face-off technique...so my guess is he is in very good shape and has great hockey smarts. But as RB has mentioned here repeatedly, the scholly money account for '10 has to be in the red.
                I had no information about him. Usually I can gather a few tidbits from sources but in this case I had nothing. In looking at the next recruit class, if they all come, we should be OK offensively. I am not a good judge of young defensemen-but as you know I do like them big-and I would love to see us add just 1 more pillar of strength out there.

Comment

and we probably still need one more defenseman
                  Where art thou Bruce Statton?
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I had no information about him. Usually I can gather a few tidbits from sources but in this case I had nothing. In looking at the next recruit class, if they all come, we should be OK offensively. I am not a good judge of young defensemen-but as you know I do like them big-and I would love to see us add just 1 more pillar of strength out there.
                    Thinking of big, the NHL CSB measured Jarred Tinordi as 6' 5.5" and 205 lb http://www.nhl.com/league/ext/Centra...gsDomestic.pdf. We could have used him on D. (The U18 is considered part of the USHL which is the last section of the list.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      Where art thou Bruce Statton?
                      He's listed in the RPI directory but obviously not playing. He also isn't playing on the club team http://www.achahockey.org/team_roste...league_id=1061.

I suppose there is a slight chance that we will see him next year, but probably SA has someone else in mind, or Greg Burgdoerfer will play defense. (Or Erik will return as Greg -- who would know? )
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thinking of big, the NHL CSB measured Jarred Tinordi as 6' 5.5" and 205 lb http://www.nhl.com/league/ext/Centra...gsDomestic.pdf. We could have used him on D. (The U18 is considered part of the USHL which is the last section of the list.)
                        Would have, could have and should have been nice. But we cannot win them all.

Comment

Well, it's not as if Seth didn't make a run at him - he made as good an effort at him as he could considering his talent level. Once the big boys came calling and he hadn't decided to come play at the same place as his brother, it was pretty much over for RPI at that point. Them's the breaks unfortunately. If things keep progressing upward, RPI will start to win those battles.

Comment

Well, it's not as if Seth didn't make a run at him - he made as good an effort at him as he could considering his talent level. Once the big boys came calling and he hadn't decided to come play at the same place as his brother, it was pretty much over for RPI at that point. Them's the breaks unfortunately. If things keep progressing upward, RPI will start to win those battles.
                            I find it hard calling Notre Dame one of the big boys. They have only been abve mediocrity for about three years.

You are right that "them's the breaks." I wonder if we are after anyone else from the national program.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I find it hard calling Notre Dame one of the big boys. They have only been abve mediocrity for about three years.

You are right that "them's the breaks." I wonder if we are after anyone else from the national program.
                              Given where the program was situated at the time (and still is under Jeff Jackson) certainly puts them in there. They were coming off of a National Championship Game appearance and were a #1 seed in the tournament last year. Kids aren't buying into the history so much as they are where the program is at currently or is headed in the future and who the coach is.

You can see how certain parts of that might work to RPIs benefit further in the future as they're working out right now.

Comment

You can see how certain parts of that might work to RPIs benefit further in the future as they're working out right now.
                                Sure can.

I still wish we had gotten J. Tinordi.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X