Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

On Friday, the Indiana Ice beat the Fargo Force 6-3. Nick Bailen had an assist and a holding penalty. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...gameid=1048822

Bailen's line is now 12-1-8-9-14.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
      Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        19-24-18- 42- 14 11/15/09
      Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   15- 8-15- 23- 24 11/15/09
      Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                               Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   6- 1- 1-  2-  4 11/14/09
                               Total                        16- 3- 8- 11- 10
      Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         25- 5- 6- 11- 28 11/19/09
      Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           12- 1- 8-  9- 14 11/14/09
      Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    19- 3- 6-  9- 14 11/14/09

2010 women
      Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19               8- 7- 5- 12-  0 11/26/09
      Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           12- 0- 4-  4- 24 11/21/09
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate your input

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          On Friday, the Cornwall Colts beat the Carleton Place Canadians 4-3. Jacob Laliberté scored a goal (GWG) and had 2 assists. He was named #1 star. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1048084

Laliberté's line is now 19-24-18-42-14.
          Good to see he is the same old JL-comes back into the lineup and picks up where he left off. I was afraid he was going to just slip down to being number 3 star again I think this kid will be magic in Troy!
          Last edited by DrDemento; 11-14-2009, 08:56 AM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Jacob Laliberté C Cornwall Colts (CJHL) 19-24-18- 42- 14 11/15/09
            (And he missed how many games this year for the tournament?)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Jacob Laliberté C Cornwall Colts (CJHL) 19-24-18- 42- 14 11/15/09
              (And he missed how many games this year for the tournament?)
              seven
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good to see he is the same old JL-comes back into the lineup and picks up where he left off. I was a fraid he was going to just slip down to being number 3 star again I think this kid will be magic in Troy!
                I figured that The Cornell recruit, Kevin Cole, who scored two goals, would get #1. They must have been on great passes by JL.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am sure that this has already been addressed, but I am old an cannot remember anything anymore.
                  Is JL still elligible for the NHL draft?
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I am sure that this has already been addressed, but I am old an cannot remember anything anymore.
                    Yes he is. The eligibility dates are 1 January 1990 - 15 September 1992. This is his last chance. He just made it two years ago.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      EHF: I have information that JL has been well scouted by several NHL teams in the past 2 years. His size has worked against him but not his talent. It would appear that they are looking at him again since he seems to be able to score wherever he is playing. I would love to have more concrete evidence that he is indeed going to be in Troy next year but will patiently wait for him-There is no question he will add instant offense to this team.

Comment

Yes he is. The eligibility dates are 1 January 1990 - 15 September 1992. This is his last chance. He just made it two years ago.
                        RB: I had thought there was about a 50% chance of his being drafted last year in a late round. If he can continue his scoring pace I would up those odds considerably.(But I'm not sure I would like to see him drafted which might interfere with his arriving at RPI)
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 11-14-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

RB: I had thought there was about a 50% chance of his being drafted last year in a late round. If he can continue his scoring pace I would up those odds considerably.(But I'm not sure I would like to see him drafted which might interfere with his arriving at RPI)
                          It would depend on who drafts him and what they recommend. It's hard to be believe he could be anything but a late round choice, so I wouldn't expect him to go immediately to the NHL or even the AHL. I think that he could develop better in college than in the ECHL, and at that size he should have a fallback position which a college education would provide. He knows that he could get a concussion like his brother recently received.

OTOH, some NHL teams would tell him otherwise.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It would depend on who drafts him and what they recommend. It's hard to be believe he could be anything but a late round choice, so I wouldn't expect him to go immediately to the NHL or even the AHL. I think that he could develop better in college than in the ECHL, and at that size he should have a fallback position which a college education would provide. He knows that he could get a concussion like his brother recently received.

OTOH, some NHL teams would tell him otherwise.
                            Completely agree RB. The ECAC has plenty of drafted kids with as much talent but a heck of a lot more size than JL. The No. 1 thing he needs is time for his body to catch up with his skills and instincts. In fact, I just read in a recent article in the THN about this exact topic -- the struggle between the NCAA and MJ's. For D1 kids like JL, NHL teams like the fact that they'll have a lot more opportunity for coaching, practicing and working out in college as opposed to riding buses in the ECHL or AHL.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Saturday, the Indiana Ice lost to the Fargo Force 6-5. Nick Bailen had no points or penalties. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...gameid=1048851

Bailen's line is now 13-1-8-9-14.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Orangeville Crushers beat the the Upper Canada Patriots 6-2. Nick Quinn had no points or penalties. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1089927

Quinn's Orangeville line is 7-1-1-2-4.
                                His total line is now 17-3-8-11-10.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X