Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

I'll let Seth worry about managing scholarships. Whatever he's been doing it seems to be working.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I'll let Seth worry about managing scholarships. Whatever he's been doing it seems to be working.
      It has taken a couple years but he has certainly started to make good on his promise. RPI hockey is fun again-have not been this optimistic in a long time
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        It has taken a couple years but he has certainly started to make good on his promise. RPI hockey is fun again-have not been this optimistic in a long time
        If some of the yokels who were busy taking dumps on Appert would come back out of hiding and post here, I'd gladly remind them continuously where they stood and ask them, kindly, "How does my (posterior) taste?"

Since I'm so gracious/modest and all.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
          If some of the yokels who were busy taking dumps on Appert would come back out of hiding and post here, I'd gladly remind them continuously where they stood and ask them, kindly, "How does my (posterior) taste?"

Since I'm so gracious/modest and all.
          GLM: I always figured all it would take is 1 really good recruit class coming in-but i still felt we could be a year away until I saw what was coming in this past year. If all the kids listed for next year arrive, I will be making NCAA tournament reservations again for the first time since the mid 90's.

Comment

GLM: I always figured all it would take is 1 really good recruit class coming in-but i still felt we could be a year away until I saw what was coming in this past year. If all the kids listed for next year arrive, I will be making NCAA tournament reservations again for the first time since the mid 90's.
            I thought that Pirri and D'amigo would make the rest of the team better, but I didn't expect Polacek to come out the way he has. If Helfrich gets healthy, you might want to make reservations for this year.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I thought that Pirri and D'amigo would make the rest of the team better, but I didn't expect Polacek to come out the way he has. If Helfrich gets healthy, you might want to make reservations for this year.
              Still a bit premature I think. Polacek and Helfrich are very talented and it should come as no surprise that once we had another scoring line (and I do mean a SCORING line) that the other teams could not shadow them as well. I look for at least 5 guys breaking the 10 goal mark this year with perhaps 2 scoring over 20. I still think we need one more class to be able to score consistently. I saw this kind of thing in the 80's as the pieces started to come into place. We are a vastly better team this year than last-but we are still a few steps away from the top tier. I do think however, that for the first time in a long time that this team can actually get better as the year progresses. Most of the recent years we have started out fairly well and then collapsed at the RPI Tournament or shortly after it. This team may surprise a lot of people when it gets to March.

Comment

IIRC, Nov. 11-18 is the early signing period for recruits entering in 2010 ... Wonder if Seth can pull a 2nd player out of his hat this week...?
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  IIRC, Nov. 11-18 is the early signing period for recruits entering in 2010 ... Wonder if Seth can pull a 2nd player out of his hat this week...?
                  Has anything changed with regard to RPI not using LOI's?

Even if RPI doesn't use them, I assume that a lot of recruits will be making their decision this week. Shouldn't affect Terrence Wallin since he wouldn't be able to sign an LOI this week anyways (since he's a junior), even if he's choosing between RPI and someone else that does use LOI's.

Comment

I've always counted on you as someone with guarded optimism. I probably came off more like the crazy preacher a season or so ago and I've gotten enough angry e-mail from other posters for proclaiming that brighter days were ahead and how settling for mediocrity is what I should've kept doing given how the team performed the last few seasons; folks wishing to go back to the days where maybe finishing 9th or 10th would be perfectly acceptable results year in and year out for (insert reasons here).

Those are the posters I'd like to see peek their heads in on these threads now and own up to their bed wetting. I'm a vengeful jerk like that though.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                      Has anything changed with regard to RPI not using LOI's?

Even if RPI doesn't use them, I assume that a lot of recruits will be making their decision this week. Shouldn't affect Terrence Wallin since he wouldn't be able to sign an LOI this week anyways (since he's a junior), even if he's choosing between RPI and someone else that does use LOI's.
                      This came up last year, and someone who should know said that RPI is indeed using LoIs. I can 't recall the details. As you said, it won't apply to Wallin.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Yes, but it is something else to think about. Until Seth came onboard it was easier to guess who was on scholarship and who wasn't. I read that he got the 'Tute admins to agree that hockey players were eligible for other scholarship money.

We now have hockey players receiving funds earmarked for minority students, for example. The NCAA has no problems with that, but in the past RPI did have problems with it.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I've always counted on you as someone with guarded optimism. I probably came off more like the crazy preacher a season or so ago and I've gotten enough angry e-mail from other posters for proclaiming that brighter days were ahead and how settling for mediocrity is what I should've kept doing given how the team performed the last few seasons; folks wishing to go back to the days where maybe finishing 9th or 10th would be perfectly acceptable results year in and year out for (insert reasons here).

Those are the posters I'd like to see peek their heads in on these threads now and own up to their bed wetting. I'm a vengeful jerk like that though.
                          When was finishing 9th or 10th considered perfectly acceptable? This sounds like Union's 40%.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            When was finishing 9th or 10th considered perfectly acceptable? This sounds like Union's 40%.
                            I wish I saved the loony e-mails I was getting. Hopefully calling them out this way will help bring them back out from their anonymous woodwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Yes, but it is something else to think about. Until Seth came onboard it was easier to guess who was on scholarship and who wasn't. I read that he got the 'Tute admins to agree that hockey players were eligible for other scholarship money.

We now have hockey players receiving funds earmarked for minority students, for example. The NCAA has no problems with that, but in the past RPI did have problems with it.
                              So... RPI was racist?

Comment

So... RPI was racist?
                                Only against hockey players.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X