Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    I think that money during a redshirt year (i.e. Burgdoerfer) would count toward the limit. It certainly does in football.
    I guess that I am wrong then, although in football isn't it the number of palyers getting money, and not how much they are getting? There is also a max on the number of players who can get hockey money, but it is in the mid 30's IIRC.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Remind us all again how your Penn hockey program is again.
      I wouldn't know. I was 3 years old when it ceased to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I guess that I am wrong then, although in football isn't it the number of palyers getting money, and not how much they are getting? There is also a max on the number of players who can get hockey money, but it is in the mid 30's IIRC.
        Yes, the football rules are certainly different in many ways... just throwing it out there.

Also, as a general matter my intuition is that people are overestimating who is on scholarship and how much. I have absolutely no inside knowledge about it, but I suspect there are a few surprises as far as guys not receiving scholarship money.

For me, guys that signed very late in the recruiting season could definitely be ones who might not be on full or even partial rides.

Comment

Zarbo can't redshirt - once you enter college (any college) a 5-year clock starts ticking. Zarbo is in his 4th year right now (1 year at Bentley, 1 transfer sit-out year which is essentially a redshirt year, last season with RPI, this season with RPI).
          All this talk about scholarships and players coming and going is great for the thread, but I have to believe that the school and the players involved have already agreed to their individual terms.
          All I know is that we are building a very deep and talented team.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

For me, guys that signed very late in the recruiting season could definitely be ones who might not be on full or even partial rides.
            I agree.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree.
              I agree if "ride" is defined as Athletic $$. I fully expect that RPI offers some very creative funding streams for academically gifted & athletically talented students from disadvantaged or depressed areas of "foreign" countries defined as those starting with the letter C and ending in A.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I agree if "ride" is defined as Athletic $$. I fully expect that RPI offers some very creative funding streams for academically gifted & athletically talented students from disadvantaged or depressed areas of "foreign" countries defined as those starting with the letter C and ending in A.
                How many Cambodians play hockey?

I wonder if Cullen counts as a Columbian.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  Given that Jensen was drafted coming in, is it not reasonable to assume he had a full ride too? In the interest of spreading the scholarships evenly across classes, would you not also want to give out 4.5 per year? If Jensen is a full ride then there you are. Would Burgdoerfer count as new money since he is already enrolled? Perhaps he is merely a walk on. If so then Tinordi could be a .5 and the others all full. And then what about Zarbo? He is listed as a senior. If he goes on to take graduate level classes and plays his scholarship money comes off too (although he could be a walk-on too I suppose).
                  It is hard to keep things balanced at 4.5 per year. Remember that about a decade ago, we had one of the 4 years with no scholarships at all.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How many Cambodians play hockey?

I wonder if Cullen counts as a Columbian.
                    None.

Yes.

""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      I wouldn't know. I was 3 years old when it ceased to exist.
                      It's at least good to see the high plains drifter of the Ivy League can still ride through here and tell everyone how to live.

And how to be continually incorrect, even years later.
                      Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

It is hard to keep things balanced at 4.5 per year. Remember that about a decade ago, we had one of the 4 years with no scholarships at all.
                        The year Brad tapper came on board we only had one other recruit in Glen Coupal. There was not a lot of scholarship money that year either.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          The year Brad tapper came on board we only had one other recruit in Glen Coupal. There was not a lot of scholarship money that year either.
                          That was four years later, so some money had moved into that class. Four years after that, it improved further even though Tapper had moved his scholarship to a different place in the 4-year cycle by leaving after three years. (I hope that made sense.)

I guess the year of no scholarships was more than 10 years ago.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That was four years later, so some money had moved into that class. Four years after that, it improved further even though Tapper had moved his scholarship to a different place in the 4-year cycle by leaving after three years. (I hope that made sense.)

I guess the year of no scholarships was more than 10 years ago.
                            I'm trying to think-the year I mentioned was the only one I recalled offhand where we had only 2 recruits so I had thought that was what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              I'm trying to think-the year I mentioned was the only one I recalled offhand where we had only 2 recruits so I had thought that was what you meant.
                              I thought you knew what I was referring to. Brad Tapper arrived in 1997. Four years early was 1993. We had no scholarships. The only Freshman was walk-on Mike Rolanti.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought you knew what I was referring to. Brad Tapper arrived in 1997. Four years early was 1993. We had no scholarships. The only Freshman was walk-on Mike Rolanti.
                                Ah-My old brain was not functioning as it should. I was spending too much time trying to gather some information about our new listed recruit Brock Higgs. I am liking this more and more-he seems like a hard working kid and should fit well with our system and other recruits. I know-I usually like forwards to be a bit bigger but from what I have found he seems to play bigger than he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X