Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He also could be insurance against either D'Amigo or Pirri leaving after this year. (No, I don't think that either is leaving.)
    I'd thought of that as well but didn't want to mention it on the board and make folks poop in their pants about something else.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

What kind of rotten apple would ever re-neg on his commitment, only to take refuge at another school?

Oh, I know, he had a really, really, really good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        What kind of rotten apple would ever re-neg on his commitment, only to take refuge at another school?

Remind us all again how your Penn hockey program is again.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

On Monday, the Olds Grizzlys lost to the Calgary Canucks 5-4. Matt Tinordi had no points or penalties. http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey...&gameID=714057

Tinordi's line is now 23-4-6-10-28.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-10-2009, 03:51 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
            Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        17-21-16- 37- 14 11/11/09
            Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   15- 8-15- 23- 24 11/12/09
            Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                     Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   5- 1- 1-  2-  2 11/13/09
                                     Total                        15- 3- 8- 11-  8
            Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         23- 4- 6- 10- 28 11/12/09
            Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           11- 1- 7-  8- 12 11/13/09
            Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    18- 3- 5-  8- 14 11/13/09

2010 women
            Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19               8- 7- 5- 12-  0 11/26/09
            Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            9- 0- 4-  4- 16 11/21/09 3 missing games
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ken Schotts' blog about Higgs: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ommits-to-rpi/
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A thread in the Kingston Frontenacs (OHA) forum discussing Brock Higgs' decision not to go Tier 1. http://frontenacshome.yuku.com/topic...es-update.html

One post
                Brock Higgs brings a lot to the table of the Vees. I have watched him a lot over these last 2 years. I can tell you one thing, he is the best two-way player the Vees have right now. And that includes all of the '89 - born guys in their lineup.

And the Fronts could use a few more like him. Can he play at this level? I think so. And I know a lot of pretty well respected Fronts' people thought so too since they actively pursued his services last year.

While points put up may impress a lot of people, you have to see this guy play to appreciate him. He is a lot more than simply putting up points.

If you do not think so, ask Michael Farrell who played with him all last year.

But I am one who believes his future is the NCAA route. He's bright and an astute hockey pupil to boot. I think he would be wise not to lose his NCAA eligibility by submitting to the lure of an OHL career.

I think I am pretty sure that is why he has chosen the NCAA route. He has seen too many guys come back to tier two on his own team who lost their eligibility simply because they wanted to play major junior.

BTW, check out the forum By The Fans For The Fans that MisterDB was so kind to post on this thread. It has much to do with both the Vees and the league they play in.

I can tell you the elite teams this year in their league are Georgetown, and Oakville. The Vees are right there with them, in a league called the Ontario Junior A Hockey League. This league has a limit of 9 twenty year olds and the Vees are at that limit this year.

And over in the other league (Central Canadian Hockey league), where the restrictions on the number of 20 year olds is five, Markham, Wellington and Newmarket are top dogs there.

No question about it, the Vees are in the top six teams of a total of 21 (CCHL) and 15 (OPJAHL) in both leagues.

Could they beat the Fronts? Nope. This level is a totally different kettle of fish.

Stay tuned.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-10-2009, 05:39 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree completely. I am just wondering where the scholarship money is coming from. My guess is that there are only 3 full athletic scholarships in this years senior class -- Kerins, Merth, and Burgdoerfer. Vassel and Jensen are on partials. I figured that Laliberte, Quinn, and Bailen were getting fulls. It doesn't add up. Could I be wrong? -- yes, but I don't think that I am far off.

Something that was posted says that Higgs is a great student, so maybe he is getting some other kind of money. Anything is possible.
                  Maybe all my donations over the years are finally being used as intended?
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post

Cake eater.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I agree completely. I am just wondering where the scholarship money is coming from. My guess is that there are only 3 full athletic scholarships in this years senior class -- Kerins, Merth, and Burgdoerfer. Vassel and Jensen are on partials. I figured that Laliberte, Quinn, and Bailen were getting fulls. It doesn't add up. Could I be wrong? -- yes, but I don't think that I am far off.

Something that was posted says that Higgs is a great student, so maybe he is getting some other kind of money. Anything is possible.
                      Given that Jensen was drafted coming in, is it not reasonable to assume he had a full ride too? In the interest of spreading the scholarships evenly across classes, would you not also want to give out 4.5 per year? If Jensen is a full ride then there you are. Would Burgdoerfer count as new money since he is already enrolled? Perhaps he is merely a walk on. If so then Tinordi could be a .5 and the others all full. And then what about Zarbo? He is listed as a senior. If he goes on to take graduate level classes and plays his scholarship money comes off too (although he could be a walk-on too I suppose).

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                        Given that Jensen was drafted coming in, is it not reasonable to assume he had a full ride too? In the interest of spreading the scholarships evenly across classes, would you not also want to give out 4.5 per year? If Jensen is a full ride then there you are. Would Burgdoerfer count as new money since he is already enrolled? Perhaps he is merely a walk on. If so then Tinordi could be a .5 and the others all full. And then what about Zarbo? He is listed as a senior. If he goes on to take graduate level classes and plays his scholarship money comes off too (although he could be a walk-on too I suppose).
                        Someone stated that Zarbo will be back next year. I don't think that Jensen is on a full scholarship based upon what I heard about him four years ago. Could I be wrong? -- Yes!

I wouldn't think that any money that Greg Burgdoerfer is getting would count this year. That was the case AFAIK with Reed Kipp the year after he left the team.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Someone stated that Zarbo will be back next year. I don't think that Jensen is on a full scholarship based upon what I heard about him four years ago. Could I be wrong? -- Yes!

I wouldn't think that any money that Greg Burgdoerfer is getting would count this year. That was the case AFAIK with Reed Kipp the year after he left the team.
                          Zarbo is a "junior" according to the RPI website roster as well as in the media guide...so I've gotta believe he's back next year. Although at their current pace - 0 minutes - both he may earn a redshirt. I'd find it hard to believe that Greg B. got much if any scholly money... Could I be wrong? -- Absolutely?
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I think that money during a redshirt year (i.e. Burgdoerfer) would count toward the limit. It certainly does in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Zarbo is a "junior" according to the RPI website roster as well as in the media guide...so I've gotta believe he's back next year. Although at their current pace - 0 minutes - both he may earn a redshirt. I'd find it hard to believe that Greg B. got much if any scholly money... Could I be wrong? -- Absolutely?
                              Zarbo can't redshirt - once you enter college (any college) a 5-year clock starts ticking. Zarbo is in his 4th year right now (1 year at Bentley, 1 transfer sit-out year which is essentially a redshirt year, last season with RPI, this season with RPI).

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                                Zarbo can't redshirt - once you enter college (any college) a 5-year clock starts ticking. Zarbo is in his 4th year right now (1 year at Bentley, 1 transfer sit-out year which is essentially a redshirt year, last season with RPI, this season with RPI).
                                I was kidding -- thats why I inserted a in the text...referring to his not dressing for a game so far.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X