Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    I can count a handful of them that may be looking to get out of Dodge if they don't improve themselves in practice, and, well, I don't imagine that RPI would get too hurt by that.
    I see that as possible also. That may be what SA has figured. It is certainly interesting. Has anyone seen any report of other schools interested in Higgs (besides Canisius)?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      That's the optimist viewpoint.
      GLM, pay me $20.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        GLM, pay me $20.
        I am consistant, am I not?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          A couple more interesting articles about Higgs from earlier in the year:

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1512929

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1544479
          So he's a high character kid who strongly values education that shot down a full ride to Canisius to come to RPI AND he worships Steve Yzerman.

Hello future captain.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I am consistant, am I not?
            I can set my watch to you. Literally.

Comment

Higgs was listed on NHL Central Scouting's North American watch list (B List) for the 2010 draft. He was the only player to make the list from the OJHL.

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/index....d=9377&catid=3
              APBWiki

Comment

Ralph and other nervous nellies - here's my thought on Higgs:

I'm wondering if he's insurance on Wallin.

Comment

Ralph and other nervous nellies - here's my thought on Higgs:

I'm wondering if he's insurance on Wallin.
                  Wallin is a 2011. Heisenberg lists Higgs for 2010. If he were also for 2011, it would make sense, since we need to replace both Polacek and Helfrich then.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wallin is a 2011. Heisenberg lists Higgs for 2010. If he were also for 2011, it would make sense, since we need to replace both Polacek and Helfrich then.
                    What's better - replacing someone, or serving as their understudy first? I mean, isn't a team with Higgs AND Polacek and Helfrich better than one or the other?

Eh? Eh?

Comment

I still wonder if Greg Burgdoerfer might play defense. His identical twin brother does, so he clearly could learn it, but he probably hasn't played there before or at least not recently.

Looking at Heisenberg's ranking, he certainly is highly ranked for someone who signed this late. He doesn't have Dr-D size, however.
                      He is 5'10" and has added 15 pounds this year-and I am told he is an immovable force in front of the net in spite of his size
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        What's better - replacing someone, or serving as their understudy first? I mean, isn't a team with Higgs AND Polacek and Helfrich better than one or the other?

Eh? Eh?
                        I agree completely. I am just wondering where the scholarship money is coming from. My guess is that there are only 3 full athletic scholarships in this years senior class -- Kerins, Merth, and Burgdoerfer. Vassel and Jensen are on partials. I figured that Laliberte, Quinn, and Bailen were getting fulls. It doesn't add up. Could I be wrong? -- yes, but I don't think that I am far off.

Something that was posted says that Higgs is a great student, so maybe he is getting some other kind of money. Anything is possible.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I understand that on the year difference, I'm just saying.

Comment

Something that was posted says that Higgs is a great student, so maybe he is getting some other kind of money. Anything is possible.
                            I think that that is certainly a possibility that the kids who are A students are drawing from another aid source. I'm not sure Bailen would have been offered a full ride, but I agree with the others mentioned. Indeed the possibilities are endless.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I understand that on the year difference, I'm just saying.
                              He also could be insurance against either D'Amigo or Pirri leaving after this year. (No, I don't think that either is leaving.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I think that that is certainly a possibility that the kids who are A students are drawing from another aid source. I'm not sure Bailen would have been offered a full ride, but I agree with the others mentioned. Indeed the possibilities are endless.
                                You may be correct about Bailen. As you said, the possibilities are endless.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X